PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Sanders cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders is a poor tackler for a free Safety, mostly because of the bad angles he takes. He and Guyton in the middle together scared the crap out of me, and there were numerous double misses between them leading to big plays -- the Ray Rice opening TD in the 2009 playoffs comes to mind.

Sanders is a smart player and usually was in the right position, but he just cant execute physically at a starter level, and is not a committed special teamer. Sergio Brown has been getting better and better, so it's not surprising he beat out Sanders.

Not a committed special teamer?? Can't execute physically at a starter level? So, Belichick used him on Special teams and as a Starter for 50 games just for s&gs??

I really don't know what pre-season you've been watching but Sergio Brown has been mediocre, at best. In the 1st game, he was one of the special teamers who missed tackles regularly, letting the big yardage. He's been taken advantage of when he's been on the field and he's missed tackles. More than Sanders.

Not a committed special teamer?? Can't execute physically at a starter level? So, Belichick used him on Special teams and as a Starter for 50 games just for s&gs??

I really don't know what pre-season you've been watching but Sergio Brown has been mediocre, at best. In the 1st game, he was one of the special teamers who missed tackles regularly, letting the big yardage. He's been taken advantage of when he's been on the field and he's missed tackles. More than Sanders.

Last preseason, he was my binkie as far as someone who I really wanted to see make the roster. My biggest impression of him so far this preseason has been a tackle that he whiffed on when he was coming to stop the run, but other than that I'm drawing a blank for the most part. If he's progressing well, though, then I don't hate the idea of him being the #4 safety.

Last edited:
I wonder what FA we will pursue and sign?

I was never a Sanders fan. There are ppl like Sharper that would be nice acquisitions.:)

this is after-all the year of the FREE-AGENT (relatively speaking). We have so much home grown talent and BB made a swift move to attack the FA market. It would seem fitting to sign another FA. Our team has become infused with Free-Agents as BB looked to improve nightly both by FA'cy and the draft. The FA S would seem like a much better bet over a rookie

Damn, on hindsight, we should have kept Jarred Page. Now we will have to wait and watch the waiver wires when the teams start their final cuts next week. I wonder how much sharper has in tank

Unless you are in dire need, and it would be odd to have manufactured that at this juncture, I don't think you will see many FA additions over the next 7-10 days because teams seem to be trying to avoid landing on the hook for vested veteran deals (guys whose money or the potential for a one time settlement pegged to their deal kicks in if they are on the week 1 roster). That moreso than kindness may have been what led to Sanders departure here. Why bring another one in when little time remains to kick their tires at the risk of paying for the whole set... Guys who have been available for a while now like Sharper are likely still available because of their contract demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back