PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jalen Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
any LBs or DEs released recently? Seems like we need that more than WR

So when will we know if he clears waivers or not?? I still believe he gets to us whether we take a flier or not is another story.

Lol. He'll clear waivers. There's absolutely no rush for his services.

From Rotoworld:

Texans waived WR Jaelen Strong.
The 70th overall pick in the 2015 draft, Strong struggled with off-field issues and conditioning during his two-plus-year stay in Houston. He was activated off suspension ahead of Week 2, but the Texans barely played him against the Bengals despite missing Will Fuller, Bruce Ellington, and their entire tight end depth chart to injuries. Strong's NFL future is at best bleak. Sep 18 - 4:15 PM

Lol.

Really???!!!! I mean REALLY? Are we back to starting threads for EVERY f*cking WR that becomes available in this league. WHEN are we going to learn that getting our LB's healthy and Branch and Valentine back to form are MUCH more important factors to our success than ANY WR addition we can make.

WR is THE most replaceable position in the league. There are simply more of them than any other position. Yet some people here think that the addition of a WR will suddenly cure any problems we have now or ever will have. :rolleyes:

(1) So I take it you missed the 2013 and 2015 Pats seasons which were basically derailed due to an inability to field sufficient competent WRs.

(2) I also take it you missed the last Pats game where the Pats had only 3 healthy receivers to start and 2 of those ended up gimpy. The addition of a WR might not cure any problems, but it will cure the problem of potentially only having 1 healthy WR.

(1) So I take it you missed the 2013 and 2015 Pats seasons which were basically derailed due to an inability to field sufficient competent WRs.

(2) I also take it you missed the last Pats game where the Pats had only 3 healthy receivers to start and 2 of those ended up gimpy. The addition of a WR might not cure any problems, but it will cure the problem of potentially only having 1 healthy WR.

The addition of A receiver. Not the addition of Any Receiver Who Just Got Released From Another Team.

Not this guy.

The addition of A receiver. Not the addition of Any Receiver Who Just Got Released From Another Team.

I'm curious where else you would expect the Pats to get a WR from at this time of year?

Perhaps Brady-Moss 10th Anniversary edition?

I'd rather have Jaelen Strong than Andrew Hawkins.
You'd rather have this guy that couldn't stick with the Texans that have exactly ONE remotely NFL WR? The guy who in two years with a team that has exactly one NFL WR has managed a grand total of 28 catches?

I'm curious where else you would expect the Pats to get a WR from at this time of year?

Perhaps Brady-Moss 10th Anniversary edition?

You don't bring in a player just to bring in any player. You bring in a player in order to help the team.

I think it's fair to question whether or not Strong can help the team.

It's also a position where injuries are quite prevalent. Started off the pre-season as a strength, now with the injuries it's a big weakness. You saw how the team struggled against KC (Brady had a rough game) and how bad the team struggled to score in the 2nd half of the NO game with a slew of injuries.

Also, picking up a guy who would have more general knowledge of our system than most FA WRs out there, wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially one with freakish talent (who played with some awful QBs and had injury issues his 1st two season).

That being said, Even though some teams in the waiver pecking order may pass on him due to his drug suspension issues, I still don't think he makes it to the Pats, and even if he does, who knows what BB is thinking about the situation.
Personally I think adding a 3rd QB to the PS to take the scout team throws would be a more valuable addition than adding another WR.

The number of nicks to the WR group IS disturbing, but nicks are all they are. Eventually they are ALL coming back. Any addition other than a guy like Lucien or Carr, who have experience in the system, wouldn't be much of a help short term.

So in that short term, the Pats will have to make due with the Hollisters and any of the 4 RB's as potential targets. That will be hard against the Texans, Bucs and Panthers, but they are better options than ANY WR option they can pick up off the street like Strong.

I wonder if Andrew Hawkins could be talked out of retirement.

Yes, because that is BBs famous quote about retirement.. "Once they start thinking about retirement or actually fully retire.. just try to convince them to come back". Genius !

He retired. That book is closed and will not be opened again.

Oh yeah, just to make sure.. that was ****ing sarcasm..

Strong couldn't of gone to a worse passing game.
The Jets said no thank you.
Wow

First comment below the info:

CLE_OHIO‏ @CLE_OHIO 36m36 minutes ago

Replying to @AdamSchefter

No better way to start your career than going from Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage to the
1f410.png
Blake Bortles.

0 replies 0 retweets 19 likes

Strong couldn't of gone to a worse passing game.
The Jets said no thank you.
Wow

Minor technicality - at this point in time, the waiver wire order is the same as last year's draft order. Meaning that the Jags (4th) had a higher waiver priority than the Jagoffs (6th). So we don't know yet if they passed on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back