PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jalen Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as fill-ins go while our guys have all sorts of injuries, you could do a lot worse.
I would say you can't do any better. Zero chance he makes it through waivers though.

Most people wouldn't consider allowing a 2 yard catch for a TD getting "schooled" but then again you are clearly the type of fan that thinks a guy is the next Adalius Thomas because he didn't run down a play 30 yards downfield because he was in the process of getting off the ground after being borderline illegally thrown to the ground.

I'm outta breath after reading this.

Is it just me or does Houston seem really bad at drafting?

Why do threads involving JAG Wide Receivers always seem to pup up?

Austin Carr, Chris Harper, Jalen Strong, Keyshawn Martin....bb got rid of these guys for a reason.

Really???!!!! I mean REALLY? Are we back to starting threads for EVERY f*cking WR that becomes available in this league. WHEN are we going to learn that getting our LB's healthy and Branch and Valentine back to form are MUCH more important factors to our success than ANY WR addition we can make.

WR is THE most replaceable position in the league. There are simply more of them than any other position. Yet some people here think that the addition of a WR will suddenly cure any problems we have now or ever will have. :rolleyes:

Texans released the WR...possible claim? Definitely a position of need and an extra big target.

The Texans...who have exactly one WR worth anything on their team...a team which struggles to complete forward passes...just released this guy.

Hooray for "Random Guy Released Sign Him Question Mark" threads.

And...your point? Indy was about to release Dorsett, maybe Houston is just stupid too.
Citation? I've seen no indication other than gossip by talk show guys that he was about to be released.

Really???!!!! I mean REALLY? Are we back to starting threads for EVERY f*cking WR that becomes available in this league. WHEN are we going to learn that getting our LB's healthy and Branch and Valentine back to form are MUCH more important factors to our success than ANY WR addition we can make.

WR is THE most replaceable position in the league. There are simply more of them than any other position. Yet some people here think that the addition of a WR will suddenly cure any problems we have now or ever will have. :rolleyes:

Jeepers, Ken.

It's also a position where injuries are quite prevalent. Started off the pre-season as a strength, now with the injuries it's a big weakness. You saw how the team struggled against KC (Brady had a rough game) and how bad the team struggled to score in the 2nd half of the NO game with a slew of injuries.

Also, picking up a guy who would have more general knowledge of our system than most FA WRs out there, wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially one with freakish talent (who played with some awful QBs and had injury issues his 1st two season).

That being said, Even though some teams in the waiver pecking order may pass on him due to his drug suspension issues, I still don't think he makes it to the Pats, and even if he does, who knows what BB is thinking about the situation.

So when will we know if he clears waivers or not?? I still believe he gets to us whether we take a flier or not is another story.

Totally forgot about Vincent Valentine he does a much better job of collapsing the Pocket than Malcom Brown. Valentine will be a Big plus when he gets back I think there is hope for our Defense.

I wonder if Andrew Hawkins could be talked out of retirement.

Interesting. The roster battle he would have to go through is a bit different than it was in late July.

If they are going to add a WR I would rather see them take a young WR with slot potential off of another team's practice squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back