PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jahri Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The guy is still a FA.

If we’re concerned about our OL depth, it might not be a bad move. Definitely not what he once was, but was actually a competent starter for Green Bay last year.

The guy is still a FA.

If we’re concerned about our OL depth, it might not be a bad move. Definitely not what he once was, but was actually a competent starter for Green Bay last year.

Kinda like the idea in general, but Evans has played only Guard in the NFL. Not sure how he helps the thinness at Tackle.

Kinda like the idea in general, but Evans has played only Guard in the NFL. Not sure how he helps the thinness at Tackle.
Hadn’t he played RT before? I might be mistaken on that.

Either way you could argue that we could use interior depth as well.

Isn't Luke Joekel still a UFA? If so, then he could offer some backup Left-side versatility; and really, could he be any worse than Tobin/Ulrick/Croston/King/Thanksdad?

Isn't Luke Joekel still a UFA? If so, then he could offer some backup Left-side versatility; and really, could he be any worse than Tobin/Ulrick/Croston/King/Thanksdad?

I like it. What’s the harm in bringing him in for a look? If there’s a coach who can get the most out of him it’s Dante. And if he can’t then Luke will know his careers over.

I believe Thuney played some games at LT in college.

Evans has started all 183 games in his career. Is he a guy who wants to go through practice without any guarantee that he’d ever play an offensive snap?

Hadn’t he played RT before? I might be mistaken on that.

Either way you could argue that we could use interior depth as well.

You could argue that. Seems to me that there are a lot of bdioes behind Thuney, Andrews and Mason already - Karras, Croston, Schwenke, etc. Can't really know that Evans, at age 34, is really an upgrade over any of them.

Evans has started all 183 games in his career. Is he a guy who wants to go through practice without any guarantee that he’d ever play an offensive snap?
All depends on his other options I suppose.

I like it. What’s the harm in bringing him in for a look? If there’s a coach who can get the most out of him it’s Dante. And if he can’t then Luke will know his careers over.
I think Luke has failed on a couple of do better or your career may be over shots.

I think Luke has failed on a couple of do better or your career may be over shots.

I can’t argue this. More than fair to label him a bust.

I believe Thuney played some games at LT in college.
He did, especially during his final season at NC State. Unfortunately, he also has T-Tex arms, and is weak. He would be a disaster as a LT here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST