PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguar, Jaguar (and Jaguar again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
OK its a run audible to the right side and yes NO had a weak front over there so that was the right call but seems crazy to me the Def wouldnt give more of a reaction to the same call 3 times in a row. They did stuff it the third time but it was more of a bad block vs adjusting to the call from the Def side. I found that series of play real interesting.

I was trying to make a few of the other calls as well but they were hard to hear.

I did love the throwback attempt on the punt even tho it didnt go so well. Also dialing up the screen a few times vs blitz and that TE leak by Hooman were good plays to stop the blitz. I still look for more passing to the back but honestly Bolden cant catch very well 2nd week in a row bad drop on a simple crossing pattern(please get well Vareen).

Can't do anything about a missed block. I thought it was the right call too. It actually got a 1st down on the 3rd try.

What I couldn't understand though is what followed. Two runs on the left side? What? Seems like Brady blew the playcalling there.

The best thing about Fox is how loud the on field Mics were.

There was one in the first half where Brady called out a number, 63 I think and Wendell replied with "60 what?" Brady repeated then Wendell went about his line calls, things like that aren't usually so clear on CBS.

Did anyone else pick up what play "Sally" was too? It was used as a call a lot in the first half but disclosing it might also be a bad idea if anybody does know :p

Use "Jaguar" as an audible again this week, but make it a play action pass.:)

Use "Jaguar" as an audible again this week, but make it a play action pass.:)

I think they should do that in the same game sometime. Whatever the audible is, use it a few times. Say twice on one possession, then again next time they have the ball. Always exactly the same play. But plan ahead of time so everyone knows the 4th time Brady audibles "jaguar" it's not a run but instead he fakes the hand off and bombs it down field.

I loved that they tipped their hand and had success anyways. I think that is the hallmark of a dominant team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back