PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags @ Steelers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jaguars remind me too much of the Giants.

Mediocre QB (Obviously Bortles is worse than Eli)
Good HB
Okay Receivers

Incredible Defense

If Bortles plays well and their D Line pressures, the Jaguars can beat anyone.

Yeah, apparently nobody's watched this Jaguars team. Especially with people making comments like "they can't win in Pittsburgh" when they won 30-9 in Pittsburgh earlier this year. They've got a historically good defense. They've got an incredible front seven and two of the four or five best corners in football. They're exactly the kind of team that gives the Steelers fits. Hell, they're exactly the kind of team that gives the Patriots fits.

I think it's obvious most people haven't watched this team for more than a time or two. They're exactly built to go up and win in Pittsburgh. It all depends on whether or not Bortles is going to be Pittsburgh's MVP.

After watching the Bills game and not watching the original Jags/Stillers game I cant for the life of me envision how they beat them the first time. All I can guess is that the Stillers came in way overconfident on offense and went for risky/big play throws that turned into INTs and it snowballed.

As bad as that Jags offense was (the Bills did a great job of bottle up the run make Bortles win the game defense which is the blueprint) if the Stillers play conservative (a stretch I know) on both sides and just be patient it would only take 14-17 pts to beat that Jags team.

And maybe that's what people are clinging to - that massive talent gap. But honestly the greater question is can the Stillers adjust away from their blitzing/big play style?

That to me is the easy path to victory...and this is another Stiller team that is run more on emotion and stubbornness in being right than analysis and execution of the obvious.

That game was wacky.

2 pick 6's and a 90 yd run by Fournette

5 INTs by Roeth?

Squealers were very sloppy.

I don't see that happening again.

I do think it'll be a war.

I think, since I did watch the Jags last 4-5 games, they are starting to look less like a playoff team than ever. In particular yesterday, coaching, though process and strategy, QB Play and they have gotten away from the one thing that works for them on Offense - running the ball. Their last 4-5 games have not looked good at all, I think the Titans are portably looking better.

That game yesterday was awful.

I dont care that they laid up for SF and the Titans at the end of the season, thats a mistake and if the Pats did that everyone would go crazy over it.

I believe they will be crushed in Pittsburg next week.

14 Sun, Dec 10 Seattle 30-24 W
15 Sun, Dec 17 Houston 45-7 W
16 Sun, Dec 24 @ San Francisco 33-44 L
17 Sun, Dec 31 @ Tennessee 10-15 L
WC Sun, Jan 07 Buffalo 10-3 W

Jimmy shredded the Jags. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers borrow a lot of the concepts from that game. While the Jags beat the Steelers earlier this year, it required a confluence of unlikely events, and I don't see the game playing out the same way this time. Big Ben is so much better than bottles. I think we play the Steelers again, provided we take care of business.

And, barring a meltdown, that means back to the super bowl.:cool:

Jags don't necessarily have to win a good physical hard hitting game will soften up Pittsburgh enough for our Pats. :cool:

Big Ben better get his running boots on for when Campbell & Ngakoue come for him.

Very tough game to figure out. I picked the Steelers in my bracket though. Hope that spread keeps going up.

Neither team was very efficient running the ball in the first game, Fournette stats look better because of a TD run of 90 in garbage time. I expect both teams to struggle running.

Maybe the Steelers will be a little flat with the bye?

I think the Steelers pull it out but it will be close

After watching the Bills game and not watching the original Jags/Stillers game I cant for the life of me envision how they beat them the first time. All I can guess is that the Stillers came in way overconfident on offense and went for risky/big play throws that turned into INTs and it snowballed.

As bad as that Jags offense was (the Bills did a great job of bottle up the run make Bortles win the game defense which is the blueprint) if the Stillers play conservative (a stretch I know) on both sides and just be patient it would only take 14-17 pts to beat that Jags team.

And maybe that's what people are clinging to - that massive talent gap. But honestly the greater question is can the Stillers adjust away from their blitzing/big play style?

That to me is the easy path to victory...and this is another Stiller team that is run more on emotion and stubbornness in being right than analysis and execution of the obvious.

Bortles went 8/14 and they scored 30. 2 pick 6's. and a 90 yard run in garbage time. It was a defensive battle into the 3rd quarter. The steelers were up 9-7 in the 3rd quarter before 23 unanswered.

Very tough game to figure out. I picked the Steelers in my bracket though. Hope that spread keeps going up.

Neither team was very efficient running the ball in the first game, Fournette stats look better because of a TD run of 90 in garbage time. I expect both teams to struggle running.

Maybe the Steelers will be a little flat with the bye?

I think the Steelers pull it out but it will be close

Steelers for sure. Regardless of how well the Jags defense plays, they're not going to put up enough points in the postseason in the cold at Heinz. Bortles was terrified yesterday against the Bills in the comfort of Jacksonville. His performance will be even more laughable in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, apparently nobody's watched this Jaguars team. Especially with people making comments like "they can't win in Pittsburgh" when they won 30-9 in Pittsburgh earlier this year. They've got a historically good defense. They've got an incredible front seven and two of the four or five best corners in football. They're exactly the kind of team that gives the Steelers fits. Hell, they're exactly the kind of team that gives the Patriots fits.

A historically good defense on a historically easy schedule. AFC South, Browns, Bengals, Ravens..

They are good but nowhere near any historical territory.

If the Steelers start somewhat fast -- and the 49ers have shown that you can carve that D up -- the game will be over by halftime. If they let the Jaguars hang around and commit 2+ turnovers all bets are off..

Steelers for sure. Regardless of how well the Jags defense plays, they're not going to put up enough points in the postseason in the cold at Heinz. Bortles was terrified yesterday against the Bills in the comfort of Jacksonville. His performance will be even more laughable in Pittsburgh.

That sig is a hex. Oh god

A historically good defense on a historically easy schedule. AFC South, Browns, Bengals, Ravens..

They are good but nowhere near any historical territory..

I'm glad someone finally brought this up. Their incredibly weak schedule doesn't get mentioned nearly as often as it should.

They already did it earlier in the season. Never say never.
That earlier game is ancient history from a time when Roethlisberger was somehow about to retire immediately. Steelers are way better than that performance and the Jags seem to have regressed to being the Jags.

I didn't realize it was going to be so cold in Pitt next weekend. I'm not sure what to expect from Jacksonville in that weather. Bortles was absolutely horrible yesterday and I think most agree if he plays anywhere close to the way he did yesterday, it's going to be a long day for Jacksonville.

I was impressed with Jacksonville's Defense, but asking them to shut down the Steelers all day might be a tall order. If I am playing against Jacksonville's offense, I basically dare Bortles to beat me and load up the box.

I think schedule is the most overrated thing. Its the NFL better show up to play

The one and only thing going for the Jags is the fact they already went into Pittsburgh earlier in the season, and served them a good beat down. Rapelithsburger was picked 3 times in that game. If nothing else, they are not afraid to go in there.... that defense will play with confidence. Might be just enough to escape with a close out a win.
Picked 5 times.

If I am playing against Jacksonville's offense, I basically dare Bortles to beat me and load up the box.
That's what Buffalo did and Jacksonville had no answer. If not for Bortles running their offensive output against perhaps the worst defense of all playoff teams would've been dreadful. Their RBs combined for 67 yards on 24 carries. That's 2.8 YPC! Meanwhile Bortles went 12/23 for 87 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes