PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacksonville pass rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
While those are pretty lopsided, I would venture to guess that almost every team in the NFL accumulates a disproportionate number of their aggregate numbers against a smaller number of teams. In fact, I'm pretty sure that argument has been used many times on this board to defend the same points against the Patriots. "Yes, player X got 5 of his 10 sacks against the Bills, but every pass rusher has numbers like that!"

What matters more than the cumulative numbers is the potential the team has, and I believe Jacksonville has the potential to be a disruptive front. I'm not afraid of any team at this point in the year, because these are the rounds to embrace great competition and overcome them, but I'm not going to take anything away from the Jaguars defense. They're explosive, the Pats are going to have their hands full, and it's going to be fun.
It’s far out of whack though. That suggests they feast in weak teams and struggle against stronger ones which is a real phenomenon with some teams/units.

Brady is going to do what he has done against most top defenses. Spread them out and play for the matchup. This will probably be a big game for Gronk and the running backs as I dont see Cooks/Hogan getting too much separation on their corners and the jags have been near the bottom in defending tight ends, and middle of the pack against running backs.

As far as the pass rush goes, brady will have to get the ball out quick. The protection was really good last week, but we will see if they can hold up against the Jags.

If they are smart, they would put Ramsey on Gronk as he has decent size and is also physical.

Bouye is probably going to be on Cooks.

I think Amendola/Hogan and the RBs coming out of the backfield or split out are going to be key for us.

If Rex is healthy he could be huge.

Dudn’t Solder handle Campbell really well when we played Arizona last year?

If they are smart, they would put Ramsey on Gronk as he has decent size and is also physical.

Bouye is probably going to be on Cooks.

I think Amendola/Hogan and the RBs coming out of the backfield or split out are going to be key for us.

If Rex is healthy he could be huge.
Ramsey is 6’1 209 LBs. Gronk is 6’6 265
Ramsey’s size may be good for covering a wr but is still dwarfed by Gronk.
But if you buy him on Gronk who covers hogan and amendola? Not to mention if you put Ramsey man to man on Gronk you literally will have to align him at safety when Gronk is at TE and we will run wild.

Please put a defense with 250 lb ngokie at de, with 260 lb Fowler in the other side with 2 285 lb DTs 218 smith at lb and 5 SBs with Ramsey at S.
We will immediately go no huddle to keep them in the field and run it

Dudn’t Solder handle Campbell really well when we played Arizona last year?
Campbell moves inside half the time, so it’s more than just one guy.

Jags pass rush in 2 games vs the Titans- 4 sacks

Pats pass rush in 1 game vs the Titans- 8 sacks
Do you think our D will bring the rush like we saw or it was because they sense Mariota was limited? I wish we will bring more pressure like that. My favorite was the sack by Marquise Flowers.
Flowers, Van Noy and Tower will make a solid set of backers for this team if we can retain all of them and Tower stays healthy.

Do you think our D will bring the rush like we saw or it was because they sense Mariota was limited? I wish we will bring more pressure like that. My favorite was the sack by Marquise Flowers.
Flowers, Van Noy and Tower will make a solid set of backers for this team if we can retain all of them and Tower stays healthy.
We didn’t blitz much, we did it with 4 AND COVERAGE. Bortles is going to crap his pants when we cover like that and since he has routes he is scared to throw it will be easier.

Ramsey is 6’1 209 LBs. Gronk is 6’6 265
Ramsey’s size may be good for covering a wr but is still dwarfed by Gronk.
But if you buy him on Gronk who covers hogan and amendola? Not to mention if you put Ramsey man to man on Gronk you literally will have to align him at safety when Gronk is at TE and we will run wild.

Please put a defense with 250 lb ngokie at de, with 260 lb Fowler in the other side with 2 285 lb DTs 218 smith at lb and 5 SBs with Ramsey at S.
We will immediately go no huddle to keep them in the field and run it

Gronk is gonna be an even bigger matchup problem for any of their LBs and safeties.

If they double Gronk, then Ramsey will be on Cooks, Bouye on Hogan. Maybe vice versa.

The favorable matchup for us will then be our RBs and Amendola.

Do the Jags predominantly play man or zone?

Gronk is gonna be an even bigger matchup problem for any of their LBs and safeties.

If they double Gronk, then Ramsey will be on Cooks, Bouye on Hogan. Maybe vice versa.

The favorable matchup for us will then be our RBs and Amendola.

Do the Jags predominantly play man or zone?
It’s the Petey carrol system so the base concept is match up zone but they have the corners to play man. I’m sure we will see a mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News