PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacksonville 3rd Seed

Yorkshire Pat

On the Roster
Reaction score
Are we confident in securing 1st seed enough to start rooting for the Jags to secure 3rd seed and meet the steelers instead of us. Or has the final game produced some surprises in the past.

Jags have what it takes to beat Pitt Imo. Still think they are the 2nd best AFC team. Steelers should have lost at least 1 more game and be tied with them record wise.

Jags have what it takes to beat Pitt Imo. Still think they are the 2nd best AFC team. Steelers should have lost at least 1 more game and be tied with them record wise.
There is still time...

As long as we do not play kc, I can not think of another team being able to beat us!

I haven’t looked at the standings today, but I believe Jax is now locked into #3 at worst. It would take a miracle to move up to #2 but it sure looks like if they win WC weekend - a big it - then it’s Jax @ Pit in the divisional round (assuming we beat NYJ that is).

As long as we do not play kc, I can not think of another team being able to beat us!
Kc is likely. They are our likely divisional round opponent. Unless Jax loses wildcard round.

We will see KC again unfortunately and they gonna have to contain hunt. I am not buying the jags.

Smith beating us at Gillette if we have Van Noy, Hogan, and Burkhead healthy is unlikely...BB doesn't usually field a plan that loses a second game to a team...

I haven’t looked at the standings today, but I believe Jax is now locked into #3 at worst. It would take a miracle to move up to #2 but it sure looks like if they win WC weekend - a big it - then it’s Jax @ Pit in the divisional round (assuming we beat NYJ that is).

Any idea if KC can jump them if they both finish at 10-6?

If that's the case than the chargers won't make the playoffs. It's likely that the jags will rest starters against the titans and i wonder if that's a smart decision.

I believe Jax has the better conference record but don’t quote me on it. :cool:
You're right. Jax cannot fall below the #3 seed, but can still get a first round bye if Pittsburgh goes 0-2 and Jacksonville beats Tennessee next week.

I can’t buy into the would-you-rather game. However the teams look in regular season, once the playoffs start, anybody can get hot & become the worst nightmare of a team with 4 more regular season wins, or more (cough 2007 cough)

Jacksonville is locked into the 3 seed and KC is locked into the 4 seed.

The Jags can rest starters on Sunday at home to the Titans and let the Titans in the playoffs to face them in the Wildcard round a week later (assuming Baltimore beats Cincy)

Do the Jags want to play the Titans instead of Chargers is the question.

If they rest starters you would likely have Baltimore @ KC and Tennessee @ Jacksonville, in that scenario you would probably want the Titans to win and come to NE.

Smith beating us at Gillette if we have Van Noy, Hogan, and Burkhead healthy is unlikely...BB doesn't usually field a plan that loses a second game to a team...

All nine of their playoff losses have been to teams they played earlier in the year.

Are we confident in securing 1st seed enough to start rooting for the Jags to secure 3rd seed and meet the steelers instead of us. Or has the final game produced some surprises in the past.
I think you posted this before JAX lost.

Things are looking good for us right now.

Kc isnt the same team it was when we played them. they are beat up, and vulnerable

Jacksonville is locked into the 3 seed and KC is locked into the 4 seed.

The Jags can rest starters on Sunday and let the Titans in the playoffs to face them in the Wildcard round a week later (assuming Baltimore beats Cincy)

Do the Jags want to play the Titans instead of Chargers is the question.

If they rest starters you would likely have Baltimore @ KC and Tennessee @ Jacksonville, in that scenario you would probably want the Titans to win and come here.

I never bought into resting players. It could be costly. We will see. I know the titans have sucked lately but they already have beaten the jags. Divisional opponents know each other very well.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back