SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

It really is Brady having no help, Wow

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Viper652, Jan 4, 2020.

1. pencilneckgeek

pencilneckgeek Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +661
    C'mon. Does anybody really think the league office wouldn't have wrapped-up their investigation and suspended Brown or put him on the exempt list by week 6 if he were helping the Pats win games with all that BS going on in the background?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,420
    That's pretty frickin' paranoid.

But, I totally agree :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DSting

DSting On the Roster

Ratings:
    +99
    I'm sure this won't be the most popular take, but I'll start by saying I'm no pinkhat fan. Been a fan since the 70's, watching games with my father, went to my first game in '78. I've always been a Pats fan and consider myself unbelievably lucky to be the fan of a team with the greatest run of success in modern sports history.

Brady was not the HOF QB tonight. He still made some of his trademark throws, but he also missed some. His misses are subtle, but that's the difference at that level. He has worked with mediocre receivers before who could only create a tiny window of separation. For a dozen years, Brady had the ability to drive a ball into an 8 inch window with a receiver tightly covered. He put the throw on a dime so the receiver or back could pick up loads of YAC. This has been what made him the best in history and led to incredible success.

Those throws were not as consistently there last night or this year. He missed those tight windows consistently. Yes, a truly elite WR would give him bigger windows and I'm sure he could hit them still, and probably again next year. An elite TE would give him more room for error as well. But the difference is that he now needs those players to create larger windows and their ability to adjust to throws on their back hip or shoulder instead of the front shoulder for YAC.

Is BB going to keep Brady and have to invest loads of money to find those players? Only he knows.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. RIpats88

RIpats88 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,131
    I say yes. Kraft wont let brady go to another team. They will pay him and hopefully go after someone like Odell Beckham to add a playmaker.

5. Gronkowski123

Gronkowski123 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,769
    13 at home against Tennessee. Just unacceptable. Three straight runs at the one and we couldn't get it in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  6. Gronkowski123

Gronkowski123 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,769
    That Edelman drop was outrageous

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. slash83

slash83 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,563
    I was just about to say this, that drop is inexcusable, easy first down was missed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. UptownPatsFan

UptownPatsFan Standin' Pat

Ratings:
    +22,419
    I actually totally agree with you, but I will say one true difference between those early/prior Brady-WR years to his current crop is TRUST. Back then, he would squeeze it into those air tight windows with great timing and anticipation. Now, he can still do it for the most part, but I think the lack of trust/hesitation gives the defense that extra millisecond to make a play on the ball. Case in point, look at Brady’s play up until week 4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  9. gobesmug

gobesmug Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +320
    This year was easy to play defense against the Pats. Double Edelman every play and have a DB spy James White on every snap.

The first 3 games of the season defenses were accounting for Gordon being a weapon so pressure was off of Edelman and White, and man coverage wasn't being used. Once teams discovered the Oline wasn't great, that no one outside of Edelman could beat single coverage that the offense looked pedestrian.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14,646

Can we stop with the fake news about the OL? They have been a brick wall in pass protection for over a month & have paved 4.7 ypc on the ground.

As long as they retain Thuney they are the reason to be optimistic the offense can be fixed. They are the 2016 Eagles - a great OL with horrible weapons. Once they added Jeffery & Smith they became an elite offense.

Wynn
    Thuney
    Andrews
    Mason
    Cajuste

Alot of ifs but that unit has a chance to be crazy. Gotta keep Thuney.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Todd Bradley

Todd Bradley In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,459
    This has been discussed time and time and time again.

He was never getting suspended for an entire season over text messages and a civil lawsuit.

Put the Bob Kraft kool aid down.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Confused Confused x 1
  12. goz421

goz421 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +56
    I think people are delusional because of who Brady is. Let's face it he was not good this year. Near the bottom in stats. Missing receivers, throwing interceptions. He is the greatest but this is not all on lack talent. His time is up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. sean10mm

sean10mm Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,553
    Is that why the entire league has passed on him since then? Because teams think he's gonna be back on the field in a jiffy?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Todd Bradley

Todd Bradley In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,459
    Bud, this has been discussed ad nauseam in a million different threads since he was cut.

The NFL freezed him out the minute Kraft cut him. The league does’t need to do anything, because Brown is a free agent, with every right to sign. Problem is the league is also using a fake “investigation” as the crutch and black cloud to scare away teams, which they did to perfection. Text messages and a civil lawsuit doesn’t take 4 months to “investigate”.

They literally interviewed the accuser back in September. You tell me, what is the NFL is still deliberating after four months? Nothing. They just don’t care and wanted him out for the season. If he’s on a team, this probably gets wrapped up in October, he’s suspended and back by November. But Kraft cutting him gave the league the out they needed.

I’m not going to type this out any further. It’s become tiresome trying to instill simple common sense into people over this AB situation. Go read my post history if you want further back story.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. sieglo

sieglo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,724
    The drop really was when it was game over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +82,364
    That's not true. A catch gives them the first down.

Games are won and lost on a couple of plays.

I'm fine with the opinion the team didn't have what it took but to say 1-2 plays don't change the outcome of a game is wrong.

17. woolster22

woolster22 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Funny how the elitist prick who cant get a tug w/o paying for it while being chauffered in agod damn Bentley, will pay untold thousands arguing technicalities to dismiss video evidence rather than pay a fine.

Meanwhile, one of his employees gets threatened with a civil suit in some of the #MeToo aftermath of accuse rich dudes in lieu of working, and he cuts his ass. **** Bob. He's a spineless hypocrit.

I hope Brady takes a discount to leave. This team obviously gave no ****s about applying any discount he took to providing him protection or weapons.

How many years in a row have we turned over LT? Like that was going to be sustainable?

Cut Dorsett now. He sucks. Can't believe Bob the handy man had his PR team make a push about signing that animated corpse this past offseason.

The defense made the season what it was. The offense was an unmitigated disaster from the jump.

Why the fuxk is McDumbass taking anyone off the field for Marshall Newhouse? How do you get blown 2 yards back on a run play as the 3rd tackle? Jesus christ.

Hot take; at least one of Brady and McDumbAss will leave this year.

Hey guys, I have a great idea. You know that LB we're forcing into FB the past few weeks? Yeah, we're going to make a drive killing decision to hand him the rock on 3rd and short at midfield. He's been doing a great job at the POA, may as well eliminate a blocker since our line has been playing lights out. Oops.

McDaniels can't help himself with the cute "they wont see that coming," ********. Great call retard. That ****ing LB at FB ends up on the ground by his own volition every play, but I'm sure he'll keep his feet long enough when the defense actually needs to tackle him instead of avoid him.

Idiots.

Led by the kind of loser that pays for handies. Handies, ffs.

I hope there isn't heaven, cause Myra deserves better than watching that crap, Bob.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +82,364
    ...and I'm not totally absolving Tom either. Yes, he lacked the supporting cast but after starting 15-18 passing he finished 5-19. That is really bad.

Curious to what the All 22 shows.

Were receivers just not open except for 5 times or were his reads off? Bad decisions?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,872
    Put Derrick Henry there and he goes in the EZ.

Sony is a small low power back. His nickname should be "LED" for 1.5 watts of power.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +923
    You summed up exactly how I feel about the whole situation. I want Brady to leave and have success. This organization doesn't deserve him. I will still and always be a Pats fan, but this current organization is pathetic and have used Brady to the tune of 8SB appearances. Kraft is a disgrace.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1