PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn - What Does The Future Hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brit patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Well, I am still hungover, but what a night.

I think we can all agree that our OL has been absolutely exceptional this year. Wonderful, but it did get me thinking about Wynn who sadly got injured this year. However, in his absence, Trent Brown has been one of the season's real surprises, making LT his this year.

When he returns, where is he going to play? Is he going to replace Brown at LT or Thuney at LG (some have projected him as a guard) Would you break up this particular band?

I think we can all agree that our OL has been absolutely exceptional this year. Wonderful, but it did get me thinking about Wynn who sadly got injured this year. However, in his absence, Trent Brown has been one of the season's real surprises, making LT his this year.

When he returns, where is he going to play? Is he going to replace Brown at LT or Thuney at LG (some have projected him as a guard) Would you break up this particular band?

I think he can play any of the OL positions except probably center. I think it’s worth waiting to see what happens in camp assuming Brown returns. At the very least we’ll have a potentially very good swing O lineman.

I like him a lot at G or T. He has a lot to learn. Hopefully that process has started. He needs playing time so he might be a sixth man, able to slide into any position, if the Pats can retain Trent Brown, a big "if."

Scar thinks he can be a LT.

I think he is going to be awesome. Not sure who he replaces or where he starts but I know he graded out in college pretty close to the Colts fantastic rookie. If he can give us even close to the season he had it would be great.

Replace Thuney?
I hate your post because Thuney was outstanding this year but I don't disagree with it. Its an option. Hes in line for a decent pay bump in 2020. Maybe hes worth a 2nd rounder in trade?

Unless they move Wynn to RT and cut Cannon over letting Brown walk (who might have just priced himself out of staying) anything is possible.

Replace Thuney?

Not my words, just remember the at the draft some thinking he may be kicked inside....as someone who doesn't get college football, I have no idea if he should be a guard or not!

That is if I got the tone of your post right....you may have been actually saying it is possible.

I hate your post because Thuney was outstanding this year but I don't disagree with it. Its an option. Hes in line for a decent pay bump in 2020. Maybe hes worth a 2nd rounder in trade?

Unless they move Wynn to RT and cut Cannon over letting Brown walk (who might have just priced himself out of staying) anything is possible.

Hard to pay two guards. I'd keep Trent Brown at a reasonable price. Groom Wynn to
replace Thuney. Draft a RT in 3rd or 4th to replace Cannon in 2020.

If Brown comes back, we will have a truly awesome OL, with an inexperienced backup who would be the first off the bench. Wynn would be active along with a backup center.

I have no problem at all with Wynn being a backup to this excellent line. We almost always need a 3rd tackle to step up during the season.

Competition is good. Plus, one of the OL gets injured like every year.

The future probably holds some rings.

He's going to get one next year; he earned a raise from the scheduled minimum $675K to just over $2M.

He's going to get one next year; he earned a raise from the scheduled minimum $675K to just over $2M.
Yes but hes deserving over $2m now.

They might let him walk for the comp pick.

As the forum draft folks can attest, I thought Wynn was the best non-QB in the draft last year and spent the weeks leading up to the draft gushing about him and how every Sony Michel and Nick Chubb highlight was really an Isaiah Wynn highlight. The Achilles injury sets him back but he should be ready for training camp and younger guys have an easier time coming back from those sorts of injuries. He was the best tackle in the best conference in college football; there's no reason he should have to play guard. He's going to be a stud regardless. Excited to see him on the field in August. I don't think he'll start at the beginning of the year as he works back into football shape, but he'll be starting midway through the season. Whether that's at left tackle or guard, I don't know, but I think he's going to be a superstar wherever he plays.

As the forum draft folks can attest, I thought Wynn was the best non-QB in the draft last year and spent the weeks leading up to the draft gushing about him and how every Sony Michel and Nick Chubb highlight was really an Isaiah Wynn highlight. The Achilles injury sets him back but he should be ready for training camp and younger guys have an easier time coming back from those sorts of injuries. He was the best tackle in the best conference in college football; there's no reason he should have to play guard. He's going to be a stud regardless. Excited to see him on the field in August. I don't think he'll start at the beginning of the year as he works back into football shape, but he'll be starting midway through the season. Whether that's at left tackle or guard, I don't know, but I think he's going to be a superstar wherever he plays.

His tape was almost flawless. I don’t think his supposed lack of size let him down at all.

Hopefully he can be the one to save this awful, pathetic excuse for an OL

9ZOgqGO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results