PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this a good trade for me or for the other guy?

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I get:

Manning, Peyton
Pittsburgh(DEF-Pit)

He gets:

Johnson, Andre
Johnson, Larry

I need a good qb, as I have Carson Palmer and Kyle Orton.

I know that Andre Johnson is of the better wr's...

Is this good for me or good for him?

Last edited:
JMO but if it was me I would get Manning especially if you have depth at RB and WR. Palmer is hurt and hasn't played well even when he wasn't, and will soon be facing Pitt, Jacksonville, and philly with a bye mixed in. And Orton has a bye in week 8 so you may not have a healthy qb that week. Manning is past his bye and has performed better in the last couple weeks.

After that maybe you can unload Palmer or Orton for a RB or WR if you need. Just a thought.

It all depends on how much of a drop off you have at WR and RB by losing Johnson & Johnson. In other words, is the delta (expected points per game) between Manning and Orton more or less than the combined delta between Andre Johnson and your new WR plus the delta Larry Johnson and your new starting RB? Without knowing who J&J's replacements will be (I'm assuming they start for your team), it's impossible to say, but my guess is that your team's total points will go down - making this a bad trade. As 3R said, it all depends on your depth at RB & WR.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back