PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this a crazy idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't make this trade, but I'll at least give you some points for suggesting compensation for #3 that actually fits the value rather than "our first, one of our thirds, and Edelman".

Moot point because the Bengals have moved on from Andy Dalton and need a franchise QB.

The Bengals claim that they might keep Dalton as a mentor for a rookie QB. So, a new QB is in their plans and Burrow will be it.

You still didn't actually read the OP, did you?

I usually don’t do this, I’m not of fan of wild trade ideas, however Quinn and Patricia have to win now, and they have their QB. So here is the offer: S. Gilmore, J . Edelman, the #23, and a 2nd next year for the #3 overall, but only if Burrow is the only QB off the board at #3.

Rip away.....
yes, its crazy

Wouldn’t trade Edelman, he’ll be Stidham’s security blanket.

Would trade Gilmore to the NFC for the right package. We have good CB depth and need to rebuild. If we could get a Ramsey type return of two 1st’s, do it. Don’t tie it to moving up to #3 though, keep our #23.

I’ve been thinking about this too. Detroit could REALLY use Gilmore bad.

I’ll go deeper - I’ve been thinking that NE and Detroit already have had negotiations but Detroit wants a haul. Hence why NE seems to have not “done much” and we suddenly see a lot of stories about this QB falling, this team loving this QB, this QB rising etc. Lots of smokescreens. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Detroit and NE playing the media. Detroit wants someone else to make a big offer for #3 to get NE to pay more, NE wants to cast doubt on the need to trade up (reports of Tua falling, Bill talking about the class having a lot of depth) so their offer is stronger or the only offer.

Or maybe I’m just crazy. I don’t particularly want this to happen since I love Gilmore but he’s the most valuable player right now and at a position that is deep enough to absorb his loss, to some extent. They wouldn’t be lockdown anymore but still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes