PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Newhouse the worst tackle you have seen play for this team?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is Newhouse the worst tackle you have seen play for this team?

• Yes

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Ray Lewis killed a man

Votes: 37 46.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newhouse is the left tackle version of the butt fumble

Is there anything stronger than yes for the poll?

He sucks but he is what he is - a JAG that has been thrust into a starting role because our real starter, who we spent a first round pick on last year, can’t stay on the field.
He is off the street and playing ahead of Eluemenor who we gave up a 4th rounder for (got back a 6th). How bad must this guy be? The losses at OL, TE and FB are a huge hole that Wynn alone, even if he exceeds all expectations, cannot fill. On a brighter note, the pass blocking and run blocking both improved last night (33% pressures, 4.4 ypc). Izzo didn’t play so he, LaCosse, Harry and Wynn could all help. I just don’t know how much they’ll get from this offense without a lot of beef or speed.

FXABjLE.jpg

Fun little stat that involves the OL

Brady leads NFL with 4 intentional grounding penalties in 2019 (43 yds)
2nd place (1 team) has 2 IG penalties
10 teams have 1 IG penalty
20 teams have 0

Poor OL play has Brady seeing.....
upload_2019-11-4_15-16-51.png

Last year, Brady had 1 penalty

Fun little stat that involves the OL

Brady leads NFL with 4 intentional grounding penalties in 2019 (43 yds)
2nd place (1 team) has 2 IG penalties
10 teams have 1 IG penalty
20 teams have 0

Poor OL play has Brady seeing.....
View attachment 25019

Last year, Brady had 1 penalty

I thought the IG penalty yesterday was pretty weak...

People forget how royally Bill ****ed up the position with his schitty draft of Antonio Garcia and Isaiah Wynn (yes, jury is still out but the guy has played in 2 games out of 28 possible games to date so he's unequivocally a BUST to this point). Drafted Garcia in 17 to apprentice a year behind Solder until Solder inevitably left for free agency. Guy comes down with blood clots, never plays a game and gets cut.
So the Pats ride out 2017 with Solder on his last year and LaAdrian Waddle at LT. In 2018 they draft Wynn, he gets hurt and then they're forced to trade for a LT because Waddle isn't starter quality (but I think is better than OutHouse, I mean Newhouse) and they acquire Trent Brown on a one year deal. Cool, but once again, you've now got a guy with a serious injury history slated to be your starter in 2019, as we know Brown was here for only a year. And voila, Wynn is injured AGAIN and the Patriots are forced to sign a street free agent to start at left tackle and protect the blind side of the greatest NFL player of all time. Let's not forget the draft of Cajuste, who was expected to see playing time at both tackle spots...and, yup, ANOTHER injury.
Marshall Newhouse is a career backup who should be this team's LaAdrian Waddle, but instead, because they have had weak drafts at the position, here we are.
Spare me the "how was Bill going to know about the blood clots/injuries, etc".
Facts are facts, they don't lie, and facts are the Patriots missing on 2 straight left tackle draft picks (three straight misses if you include Cajuste) is the reason we're watching Newhouse waddle around the field when he's at best a back up - not his fault, but he was thrust into this position...

Newhouse is the new punching bag around here now that Jordan Richards is gone. Lol

People forget how royally Bill ****ed up the position with his schitty draft of Antonio Garcia and Isaiah Wynn (yes, jury is still out but the guy has played in 2 games out of 28 possible games to date so he's unequivocally a BUST to this point). Drafted Garcia in 17 to apprentice a year behind Solder until Solder inevitably left for free agency. Guy comes down with blood clots, never plays a game and gets cut.
So the Pats ride out 2017 with Solder on his last year and LaAdrian Waddle at LT. In 2018 they draft Wynn, he gets hurt and then they're forced to trade for a LT because Waddle isn't starter quality (but I think is better than OutHouse, I mean Newhouse) and they acquire Trent Brown on a one year deal. Cool, but once again, you've now got a guy with a serious injury history slated to be your starter in 2019, as we know Brown was here for only a year. And voila, Wynn is injured AGAIN and the Patriots are forced to sign a street free agent to start at left tackle and protect the blind side of the greatest NFL player of all time. Let's not forget the draft of Cajuste, who was expected to see playing time at both tackle spots...and, yup, ANOTHER injury.
Marshall Newhouse is a career backup who should be this team's LaAdrian Waddle, but instead, because they have had weak drafts at the position, here we are.
Facts are facts, they don't lie, and facts are the Patriots missing on 2 straight left tackle draft picks (three straight misses if you include Cajuste) is the reason we're watching Newhouse waddle around the field when he's at best a back up - not his fault, but he was thrust into this position...

Yup, the facts are in, BB is attacking and injuring tackles for fun. No disputing that any longer.

Yup, the facts are in, BB is attacking and injuring tackles for fun. No disputing that any longer.
You actually read that manic crap?

Who are the starting-quality left tackles that they should have acquired instead?

I thought the IG penalty yesterday was pretty weak...

He was under pressure and inside the tackle box and threw it where there was no receiver. I thought it was textbook

He was under pressure and inside the tackle box and threw it where there was no receiver. I thought it was textbook

Yeah but it’s sort of like the SB46 IG (although not as bad) in that it looked like he was anticipating a WR to break that way and it didn’t happen.

I agree that it could have been called but it felt different than a lot of IG calls for which the rule was designed.

Yep BB is a horrible GM, he should finally learn to read the crystal ball for injuries before drafting anybody, I mean how to hell can someone get hurt playing football?
Perhaps you can give him some advise with your unmatched wisdom?

Why can't you learn to troll better? Trolling is not difficult, especially at the basic levels. Your trolling of Wynn is so bad that it requires everyone to ignore the reality of injury being a near constant companion to NFL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes