Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you believe we will be a super bowl contender with Mac?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I forgot how filthy that hit was on Brady that knocked him out of the AFCCG in PIttsburgh. 59:38

You need to go back to early in the 2002 season. A lot of people, especially nationally, in October and early November of 2002 questioned whether the Pats traded away the wrong QB because Bledsoe had a fast start in Buffalo while Brady struggled late September and all of October in 2002.

I just love how people rewrite history.
Yes

People were questioning the QB responsible for the Patriots first Super Bowl Championship and wondering about the old QB who choked in the Super Bowl.

Probably the same people who think that Mac Jones is a HOF QB. Delusional.

In 2000 absolutely nobody thought Tom Brady was "the guy." Sight unseen every rookie has to prove themselves.

I suppose you knew JaMarcus Russell and David Carr weren't "the guy" when they were drafted 1st overall and nobody had seen them play?

I suppose after one season of throwing INT's you had some intuition that despite that, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees were "the guy?"

It's amazing how genius some people are with the gift of hindsight and knowing the results.

Mac's decision making is why he leads the NFL in interceptions after week three, not arm strength. Good grief...
Please don't compare MAC to Brady.

It's insulting

Yes

People were questioning the QB responsible for the Patriots first Super Bowl Championship and wondering about the old QB who choked in the Super Bowl.

Probably the same people who think that Mac Jones is a HOF QB. Delusional.

There is nothing but pure Brady fandom in your post.

First of all, the general consensus around the league was the Pats won in 2001 with a strong defense, great coaching, and an offense that was efficient enough to score enough points and not make mistakes. Whether it is right or wrong, that was the belief. Even Patriots fans back then didn't think Brady was elite.

Second of all, the perception of Drew Bledsoe back then was still he was one of the top QBs in the league while many believed Brady was just a game manager. That is why Belichick could get a first rounder for Bledsoe which meant more back then than today since teams today give away draft pick willy-nilly for top talent.

Let's deal with reality of what actually went on back then and not a revisionist view based on twenty plus years of Brady. The perception of brady back in 2002 was he was a good, not great QB. That is the reality.

Let's get 1 thing clear, Mac Jones is not Tom Brady. We're never going to see another player like TB12. 7 Superbowl Championships, ridiculous winning record in the playoffs, owns nearly all the passing records, has longevity, durability, in addition to productivity and an unmatched will to win. He made mediocre teams into Superbowl Championship teams.

Now could Mac Jones eventually lead a team to a championship? Surround a decent QB with enough pieces, and he might be able to do it. The prime example being Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles if the opposition coach is foolish enough to bench their best DB during the Superbowl. But let's get real, we don't even know if Jones is even Dilfer or Foles level yet. He doesn't even have a single playoff victory under his belt. He's a young pup whose second year of development has been severely set back by BB's own decision not to hire an OC or to hire a decent QB coach, no I'm not going to dignify the hire of 31st rank offense Joe Judge as a 'good hire' to guide Mac Jones in his second year of development. And Matt Patricia has looked like an absolute JOKE as offensive playcaller through the first 4 games.

I get it, Mac Jones looked really good in his rookie season, but that was with a real OC, Josh McDaniels in place. Right now he's battling injury because the OL exposed him to way too many blindside hits. And the offense is lost in limbo with bad coaching and bad execution in general especially for QB protection. That OL allowed a concussion to Hoyer, leaving us down to our 3rd string QB. So overall we still don't know what we have in Mac Jones so it is in fact SILLY to compare him to Brady now when Brady already won his 1st Superbowl in his first full year of starting for the Patriots.

I was never a Bledsoe fan he was just too inconsistent for me, but by the same token I cannot say I was a Brady fan. It was more like let's see what we have here. I guess I was still stuck on the last quarterback the Patriots had that I liked Grogan and neither of these seemed to have his qualities. Sadly Grogan never was able to take us to far.

Having said that I can say I am also not a Mac fan I don't think he is a bad quarterback, it is just that the position has changed so much since I started following the NFL in the 50's that I am not sure he will be anything but an average NFL quarterback today and that is not bad.

I don't know how Mac will turn out, but he won't be the worst quarterback in the league he also won't be the best. He might be able to lead us to a super bowl some day though. When you think about it with few exceptions most quarterbacks who get to the Super Bowl only do it once maybe twice if they are fortunate. A lot of it depends on the team around them and I believe we are still in the process of improving the team.

Having said all this I can say I don't see a reason to rush Mac back this year I don't think we are going that far. Just some random rambling from me on the topic. Hope some of you enjoyed it.:)

Let's get 1 thing clear, Mac Jones is not Tom Brady. .
Right. I don’t think anyone is saying Mac is going to be anywhere close to Brady. I’m as big a Mac guy as there is around here, and I’m not saying that.

What I’m saying is that you have to give young QBs time to develop, just as Brady, Brees and Manning took a bit to develop. That doesn’t mean if you do, he’s guaranteed to turn into one of those. He could be another JP Losman. It just means that 1.25 seasons is probably too early to make the call on if Mac is going to be the guy or not and if someone’s making that call now because he doesn’t look like Tom in TB after 20 years, then their requirements are probably flawed.

Yeah, if Bledsoe was a QB drafted in 1983, I think he would have had way more success. Look at the early stats of Class of 83 QBs and they kinda...suck by modern standards.

There is nothing but pure Brady fandom in your post.

First of all, the general consensus around the league was the Pats won in 2001 with a strong defense, great coaching, and an offense that was efficient enough to score enough points and not make mistakes. Whether it is right or wrong, that was the belief. Even Patriots fans back then didn't think Brady was elite.

Second of all, the perception of Drew Bledsoe back then was still he was one of the top QBs in the league while many believed Brady was just a game manager. That is why Belichick could get a first rounder for Bledsoe which meant more back then than today since teams today give away draft pick willy-nilly for top talent.

Let's deal with reality of what actually went on back then and not a revisionist view based on twenty plus years of Brady. The perception of brady back in 2002 was he was a good, not great QB. That is the reality.

Hilarious.

With 1: 20 to go before the Super Bowl 36 halftime show, Brady marched the Pats down the filed and threw a TD to Patten.

Then with 1:21 left in regulation, Brady steered the Pats into FG range to avoid overtime.

Your boy Yac Jones would have crapped his pants like Brandon in those clutch moments. Jones is not the answer. Cannot throw deep without the ball hanging up in the air like it has helium in it.

The problem wasn't that he folded with pressure up the middle. It was he was from a bygone era that was changing around this time where the defense got way too fast for the 5-7 drop pure pocket passers. Bledsoe came from an era where a QB could have 3-4 seconds to drop back and make a pass. The game was speeding up where QBs needed to get rid of the ball closer to two seconds. Defenses just got too fast for Bledsoe.
Eh. When he was still with the Pats, defenses were still fairly slow. It wasn't until the early 2000's when teams such as the Bucs and Colts where getting fast on D.

As Butch from the Cape used to say "he's tall. he has a strong arm....". The problem was that Pete C ruined him by enabling his desire to use that arm to be the hero vs taking what was available. Bledsoe was good initially before falling into old habits.

Hilarious.

With 1: 20 to go before the Super Bowl 36 halftime show, Brady marched the Pats down the filed and threw a TD to Patten.

Then with 1:21 left in regulation, Brady steered the Pats into FG range to avoid overtime.

Your boy Yac Jones would have crapped his pants like Brandon in those clutch moments. Jones is not the answer. Cannot throw deep without the ball hanging up in the air like it has helium in it.

I am not comparing Mac to Tom. I am saying you are rewriting history on how people looked at Brady in 2002. He was widely considered a game manager and a second or even third tier QB. Those are the facts.

And the Pats‘ offense scored 13 points in Super Bowl 36. Let’s not pretend Brady was lighting it up in that game. He had an awesome drive at the end of the game, but the offense had trouble scoring in that game. And the TD at the end of the half was a drive started after Ricky Prohl fumbled the ball on the Rams’ 40.

I am not comparing Mac to Tom. I am saying you are rewriting history on how people looked at Brady in 2002. He was widely considered a game manager and a second or even third tier QB. Those are the facts.

And the Pats‘ offense scored 13 points in Super Bowl 36. Let’s not pretend Brady was lighting it up in that game. He had an awesome drive at the end of the game, but the offense had trouble scoring in that game. And the TD at the end of the half was a drive started after Ricky Prohl fumbled the ball on the Rams’ 40.
I remember him as a quarterback doing the job he was asked to do and was more reliable and clutch than Bledsoe was. I also remember Mike Francesca(about the only sports radio show we could get in upstate new york) saying in 2002 that we had to face it. "Tom Brady is a star in this league." He was knocking down New York Jets fans calling in that were doubting him.

Please don't compare MAC to Brady.

It's insulting
Why don’t you tell us who “the guy” is from the 2022 QB draft class along with the 2023 draft class… we’d all like to know where to put our money in Vegas.

Mentioning Tom’s name in the same paragraph with Mac isn’t comparing the two. He’s not Mohamed, we’re not going to spontaneously combust if we mention his name in any fashion other than glowing adoration.

Brady stan’s are the biggest goofballs in fandom.

Last edited:
I am not comparing Mac to Tom.
Nobody is… this is the reaction from fanboys when facts, stats and history remind us Tom was once human… a young game manager.

Most of these people were 12 when he took over at QB, you’ll have to forgive them for waxing poetic about it.

Let's get 1 thing clear, Mac Jones is not Tom Brady. We're never going to see another player like TB12. 7 Superbowl Championships, ridiculous winning record in the playoffs, owns nearly all the passing records, has longevity, durability, in addition to productivity and an unmatched will to win. He made mediocre teams into Superbowl Championship teams.

Now could Mac Jones eventually lead a team to a championship? Surround a decent QB with enough pieces, and he might be able to do it. The prime example being Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles if the opposition coach is foolish enough to bench their best DB during the Superbowl. But let's get real, we don't even know if Jones is even Dilfer or Foles level yet. He doesn't even have a single playoff victory under his belt. He's a young pup whose second year of development has been severely set back by BB's own decision not to hire an OC or to hire a decent QB coach, no I'm not going to dignify the hire of 31st rank offense Joe Judge as a 'good hire' to guide Mac Jones in his second year of development. And Matt Patricia has looked like an absolute JOKE as offensive playcaller through the first 4 games.

I get it, Mac Jones looked really good in his rookie season, but that was with a real OC, Josh McDaniels in place. Right now he's battling injury because the OL exposed him to way too many blindside hits. And the offense is lost in limbo with bad coaching and bad execution in general especially for QB protection. That OL allowed a concussion to Hoyer, leaving us down to our 3rd string QB. So overall we still don't know what we have in Mac Jones so it is in fact SILLY to compare him to Brady now when Brady already won his 1st Superbowl in his first full year of starting for the Patriots.
I was with you until you started blaming everything on the coaches. Coaches aren't to blame for inaccurate passes and ground balls when throwing to a back 10 yards away. People complained about Charlie Weiss, Josh McDaniel, Bill O'Brien, Josh McDaniel again and now Matt Patricia. Second guessing playcalls is part of the game.

Why don’t you tell us who “the guy” is from the 2022 QB draft class along with the 2023 draft class… we’d all like to know where to put our money in Vegas.

Mentioning Tom’s name in the same paragraph with Mac isn’t comparing the two. He’s not Mohamed, we’re not going to spontaneously combust if we mention his name in any fashion other than glowing adoration.

Brady stan’s are the biggest goofballs in fandom.
First off, I am not paid to find the next Pat's QB. But, I knew that Josh Allen had the raw materials to be a Franchise NFL QB with the proper development.

Only a dope would compare Bradys situation with Mac Jones. You clueless people sure are desperate and full of lame excuses.

Yac Jones has a weak arm and there is no hiding it.

Nobody is… this is the reaction from fanboys when facts, stats and history remind us Tom was once human… a young game manager.

Most of these people were 12 when he took over at QB, you’ll have to forgive them for waxing poetic about it.
The only part that you finally figured out is that Yac Jones is a game manager.

Mark Sanchez/ Jon Kitna

The voting in this thread is an embarrassment to this board and our franchise, I'm gonna guess a lot of the "No he's not" crowd are the same geniuses who wanted to keep sCam around.

Don't worry though, when Mac starts kickin names and takin ass we'll let you back on the bandwagon.

First off, I am not paid to find the next Pat's QB. But, I knew that Josh Allen had the raw materials to be a Franchise NFL QB with the proper development.

Only a dope would compare Bradys situation with Mac Jones. You clueless people sure are desperate and full of lame excuses.

Yac Jones has a weak arm and there is no hiding it.
It's me the QB expert. I knew a 6'5" 230 lb Josh Allen with a rocket arm had the raw materials to become a franchise QB with proper development.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back