Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you believe we will be a super bowl contender with Mac?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s ok triumph, everybody makes mistakes. Your 20 year bashing of Belichick for going with noodle armed Brady over Bledsoe’s “HOWITZER” was just one of your more memorable ones. You weren’t the only one who thought 6th round weak armed Brady would be a career clip board holder, your Rabbi, Mel Kiper, thought so too. Buck up buttercup, it will all be ok,
Your dementia is getting worse. Did you drive 18 wheel big rigs too?

What board was I on in 2001?

Bill did him a huge disservice by not bringing in a real OC to work with him. He allegedly didn't want to bring in BOB for fear of pissing of Saban which flies in the face of the "do what's best for the team". I assume he could have made a run at Chad O'Shea who knows the offense and would have provided some continuity. Hell even if he brought in a guy from the outside who had no ties to the team or our offense it would have been better than bringing in a DC to pretend to be an OC.
I think he didn't bring back BoB for two reasons... The first is BoB can be a combative personality and BB doesn't want to deal with the drama... Second if BoB does come back, does well, the work at Alabama and the higher profile work with the Pats creates demand for his services as a HC... He had some successfully seasons, and did well at Penn... Him walking out the door after just 1 season would lead to 3 OCs in 3 seasons for Mac...

Patricia ain't leaving... So there are growing pains in year 1 as Matt P learns the job... But stability afterwards...

----

As for the op, can Mac get it done? He can lead the team, and we can be competitive every year... Can he win it all? Who knows ...

The Patriots offense is currently ranked 9th in yards per drive and 10th in total offensive yards... they're 20th in points per drive.

The Patriots offense is currently ranked 31st worst in turnovers.

They need to stop turning the ball over.

Hoyer could be addition by subtraction, but longterm Mac has to stop throwing INT's and do a better job recognizing blitz protections prior to the snap. His arm strength isn't an issue, the problem has been between his shoulders.

If they had even "good" QB play to this point, this would be one of the best offenses and teams in the league.

I think he didn't bring back BoB for two reasons... The first is BoB can be a combative personality and BB doesn't want to deal with the drama... Second if BoB does come back, does well, the work at Alabama and the higher profile work with the Pats creates demand for his services as a HC... He had some successfully seasons, and did well at Penn... Him walking out the door after just 1 season would lead to 3 OCs in 3 seasons for Mac...

Patricia ain't leaving... So there are growing pains in year 1 as Matt P learns the job... But stability afterwards...

----

As for the op, can Mac get it done? He can lead the team, and we can be competitive every year... Can he win it all? Who knows ...
Uhh chess and checkers I guess...

If I have to guess I would say Grinder. Not judging you, just sayin’, that is my best guess.

If I have to guess I would say Grinder. Not judging you, just sayin’, that is my best guess.
You have no clue.

Like always.

----

Rumor has it BOB isn’t the OC because Bill doesn’t want to poach from Saban. Idk.

Rumor has it BOB isn’t the OC because Bill doesn’t want to poach from Saban. Idk.
That was the scuttlebutt at the time. Flies in the face of "doing what's best for the team" the same way trading Jimmy to a good spot instead of to the highest bidder (allegedly).

You appeared BEFORE the parole board, not ON it, clodhopper. You can't get anything right.

Last edited:
The Patriots offense is currently ranked 9th in yards per drive and 10th in total offensive yards... they're 20th in points per drive.

The Patriots offense is currently ranked 31st worst in turnovers.

They need to stop turning the ball over.

Hoyer could be addition by subtraction, but longterm Mac has to stop throwing INT's and do a better job recognizing blitz protections prior to the snap. His arm strength isn't an issue, the problem has been between his shoulders.

If they had even "good" QB play to this point, this would be one of the best offenses and teams in the league.
Cant score and turn the ball over, not the best combo

Maybe we should just let him have ice cream again. Seemed to do better with the tummy / higher morale perhaps

Cant score and turn the ball over, not the best combo
They’d score more if they turned it over less. So far they’ve converted 56% of their red zone attempts into TD’s, good for 17th in the NFL. Pretty average… but consider a couple things.

They would have substantially more red zone attempts if they didn’t lead the league in turnovers.

Also consider the first three weeks we played Miami, Pittsburgh and the Ravens with their two starting CB’s back healthy for the first time this season. We played three of the toughest defenses in the league.

A high ankle sprain usually lasts four weeks.

The Patriots will have their hands full this week at Green Bay with Hoyer at QB, but after that they have the Lions, Browns, Bears, Jets, Colts, bye week, Jets again and Vikings.... that's nine weeks.

They should be able to hold down the fort with Hoyer and potentially get Zappe some quality developmental snaps if he looks good in practice.

Zappe is a good prospect, I'd like to see what he's got if he looks solid in practice.

I don’t care what the reason is, I’m just glad he isn’t in NE.

Mac's ceiling is Kirk Cousins...

It's not that Mac doesn't have the physical traits, it's his decision making that has regressed. We've seen QBs who don't have the physical tools like Brady, Montana, Brees, etc. have successful NFL careers.

They’d score more if they turned it over less. So far they’ve converted 56% of their red zone attempts into TD’s, good for 17th in the NFL. Pretty average… but consider a couple things.

They would have substantially more red zone attempts if they didn’t lead the league in turnovers.

Also consider the first three weeks we played Miami, Pittsburgh and the Ravens with their two starting CB’s back healthy for the first time this season. We played three of the toughest defenses in the league.

A high ankle sprain usually lasts four weeks.

The Patriots will have their hands full this week at Green Bay with Hoyer at QB, but after that they have the Lions, Browns, Bears, Jets, Colts, bye week, Jets again and Vikings.... that's nine weeks.

They should be able to hold down the fort with Hoyer and potentially get Zappe some quality developmental snaps if he looks good in practice.

Zappe is a good prospect, I'd like to see what he's got if he looks solid in practice.
Yeah I hope Zappe is getting equal reps in practice I don't think Hoyer will hold up IF he gets a lot of shots and he's going get hit. The hits don't exactly feel the same on a older body I think Zappe with good preparation could lead us for a while. That said if Hoyer looks decent and get us on some sort of streak BB might roll with the hot hand. I think some time off will really do Mac good to reflect in the film room.

Mac's ceiling is Kirk Cousins...

It's not that Mac doesn't have the physical traits, it's his decision making that has regressed. We've seen QBs who don't have the physical tools like Brady, Montana, Brees, etc. have successful NFL careers.
I'm not huge fan of Kirk Cousins wish Mac's ceiling was some else like Jimmy G. :rolleyes:

That was the scuttlebutt at the time. Flies in the face of "doing what's best for the team" the same way trading Jimmy to a good spot instead of to the highest bidder (allegedly).
does it? on its face it might... and it might be the root of the decision... Trying to quantify what exactly is "doing what's best for the team" can be a complex issue... if recruiting BoB caused Saban to get ticked off, enough to shut down a potential player information pipeline, whose to say that's not more valuable to the team long term vs bring in an OC tht might not stick around for a while?

Think BB used Saban as a sounding board prior to swapping baby thor for Mack Wilson Sr? That seems to have worked out well... along with most of the alabama players we have gotten in the draft...

Sometimes things are more nuanced than they seem...

Wrong? Then it must have been the Ravens board. ( they were reigning champs)
What board were you on in 2001?

Think back Brandon

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back