PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is it starting to fall apart for Petey Caroll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
he runs a loose ship, and it seems to be biting him after the superbowl loss....players calling him out on his playcall, coaches saying the WR didnt "fight hard enough" for the ball

you never heard this stuff after the 4th - 2 from the patriots players. I was just surprised to see players calling out their coach after the game.

not to mention baldwins stupid TD celebration, and the seahawks breaking out a fight like sore losers when they knew the game was over. seems like winning has covered up alot of dysfunction in his system

he runs a loose ship, and it seems to be biting him after the superbowl loss....players calling him out on his playcall, coaches saying the WR didnt "fight hard enough" for the ball

you never heard this stuff after the 4th - 2 from the patriots players. I was just surprised to see players calling out their coach after the game.

not to mention baldwins stupid TD celebration, and the seahawks breaking out a fight like sore losers when they knew the game was over. seems like winning has covered up alot of dysfunction in his system

Very Rex Jets-ish if you ask me. That's one of the downsides of running a loose ship.

He knows how to motivate players, and he knows how to coach defensive technique. But if the talent on the team starts to dip due to a bad couple drafts or players outpricing their role, Pete isn't going to win a Super Bowl through scheme. He wins by unleashing organized chaos.

I'm not buying it. Carol has done a great job in Seattle and they will continue to be one of the top teams in the league the next couple of years with Caroll at the helm. How it goes after that will depend upon how they draft and deal with their upcoming contracts

Pats under Carroll were well down this path too.

I think next year they'll be one of the best teams in the NFC, but won't happen to be the actual champions.

He also lets players like baldwin get away with their antics and get into fights and stuff.

I think next year they'll be one of the best teams in the NFC, but won't happen to be the actual champions.

Teams that lose the super bowl don't go back - it hasn't happened since 1992.

they had their moment........their offense is garbage, and their defense while very good, can be beaten with patience. with their pursuit, its easy to clear out an area and dump it off for 5-10 yard chunks....its what they give

and within their clubhouse? with the loose ship that is run, they just ran into a clothesline....everything will be questioned......are they really going to give big bucks to an RB with some hard driven miles on him? are they really going to give Wilson franchise QB money?

Carroll is considered a players coach.. take it for what it is worth.

they had their moment........their offense is garbage, and their defense while very good, can be beaten with patience. with their pursuit, its easy to clear out an area and dump it off for 5-10 yard chunks....its what they give

and within their clubhouse? with the loose ship that is run, they just ran into a clothesline....everything will be questioned......are they really going to give big bucks to an RB with some hard driven miles on him? are they really going to give Wilson franchise QB money?

Wilson's going to get the money from someone, especially after last year.

No question he's signing with the Seahawks. Say what you want about him, he's now won a Super and been to a second that he could have won if not for a tremendous play by our team. He's not Trent Dilfer, just being carried by the defense. He's a good quarterback, and deserves to get paid.

He was a yard away from his second straight super bowl win....easily second best coach after BB.

no doubt, but the guy is exactly what he was when he has entered the league...in fact, you could make the claim that his actual passing game has taken a step backwards..

They're really entering the phase now where they have to start paying for the production that they've been riding. Wilson will get paid, Lynch will get paid. They have most of the secondary locked up but the second CB is still a question mark for them with Maxwell hitting FA. If they pay Wilson and Lynch, they have very little money to work with. Maxwell could very well leave...

On the other hand, they are the ones who drafted a lot of these guys, so clearly they are doing great with talent evaluation. Another couple good drafts could keep them where they are. So it's hard to discount them just due to having to pay guys, but the level of production they were getting vs. what those guys were making (especially at QB) was really ridiculous and won't happen again for them.

Keeping the ship right is the big issue. Sherman, Lynch and Wilson seemed mature after the game, which is good from a leadership standpoint, but a lot of the other guys were ripping the team. Guys were fighting, getting ejected. Coaches ripping players. It's not a good look. You lose your DC now as well, which may not be a huge deal since Carroll is more about that side anyway, but it will still be an adjustment. It could be a rocky year for Seattle, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were all good and back at it in two years.

His approach is great for college teams, but tough with the pros. There is no 4-year limit on the relationship, with the threat of blowing your ride if you mess up big time. The player coaches like Rex and Pete ultimately will hit walls because of long-term deals.

I don't think he's done yet, but he did have a great head start when he arrived with his insider status as a college coach. That isn't there anymore, so the question is can he can drafting successfully in order to keep low-end rookie deals for talented personnel as necessary to balance out the higher price players. It is a hard game to play, and the bills are coming due on the younger players.

He is a good coach, but I expect it would be tough to sustain unless he reinvents himself as a coach of professional players who behave far differently than their college counterparts. I do not expect Seattle to drop off the radar next year, but maybe 2 or 3 years down the road.

They did show signs of dis-functionality earlier in the season with the Percy Harvin thing and the talks about Marshawn Lynch , but they got rid of Harvin and fixed things, had a huge playoff run and almost got the Lombardi again.

They would be stupid to get rid of a good coach like the 49ers did because there's not a lot out there and the last few weeks proved how much of a difference a good coach makes. They would not even be in the SB if not by Carroll outcoaching Mike McCarthy badly.

Here is the big problem to keep being competitive, they built a talented roster with a lot of guys under the radar Pete knew from his last college run. Now all that class is already in the NFL (or not) and he has the same knowledge on college players as all the other NFL coaches and scouts. Also the players from these last 3 great years are all in the end of their rookie contracts, some already got paid, some will demand it, so they will have a hard time to be good year in year out from now on. I think they will keep on the hunt, having a great QB is 70% of the process, they also have Sherman and Thomas locked, that will keep their defense at least good in the backfield. Their division is becoming weak as well, the 49ers are rebuilding, the Cardinals don't have a QB and the Rams are a JOKE, they will keep drafting in the top every draft and keep being hot garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes