PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it Cam’s fault or the WRs and TEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know why Cam doesn't run anymore. Pretty much the only thing he is an upgrade over Brady on is his ability to run and it seems like aside from being a goal line battering ram he doesn't run anymore.
He - or Damien the Good Omen - should've run on that 3rd/2 play that ended Burkhead's career.

It’s both. Cam is well, WELL past his prime and the collection of WRs and TEs are the worst in the NFL by an easy margin.

It’s both. Cam is well, WELL past his prime and the collection of WRs and TEs are the worst in the NFL by an easy margin.

This. The receivers suck. If we gave brady that excuse we at least have to be consistent with cam

But the low throws at receivers feet and complete lack of awareness at the line of scrimmage of the pass rush is concerning.

I mean he doesn't move the OL around and doesn't even see the rush. It's shades of bledsoe

This. The receivers suck. If we gave brady that excuse we at least have to be consistent with cam

But the low throws at receivers feet and complete lack of awareness at the line of scrimmage of the pass rush is concerning.

I mean he doesn't move the OL around and doesn't even see the rush. It's shades of bledsoe
And the batted passes. I don't think I've see so many in all my years of watching football (since the Parcells era).

This is the order of blame.

1 - Belichick for his horrible drafting that left the cupboards bare.
2 - Kraft for interfering with the football operation for PR.

I'm not a huge fan of Cam's but it's not his fault, or that of the TEs or WRs, that the Pats have no offense. This mess all starts at the top.

Edit: Upon further review I swapped Bill and Bob

Last edited:
Defense is partially to blame too. If they could get off the field regularly it would play to the strength of our offense. This ol and rbs could wear teams out like in the miami and Oakland games, and the result was what shouldve been 28 pts vs miami and 29 offensive pts against Oakland. but unfortunately in the past 2 months or so weve had this bend and break defense (except against bmore with an assist to the weather). We just need to improve in all areas but ol / rb .

I see everyone blaming Cam for his disastrous passing numbers through 7 weeks....however shouldn’t the blame be placed on the WRs and TES? We know cam has talent. The current WRs are the worst in the nfl, and maybe worst in franchise history. The tight ends are equally as bad. The rookies we drafted high have shown nothing.

can any QB play with this crop and succeed? I don’t think so.
It more the WRs and TEs than Cam but a part of it is Cam. Outside of one amazing season Cam has been a better highlight reel than a results based QB. If you take out that 15-1 season he had he is just a hair under .500. Most years he had a solid D and decent enough weapons in Carolina. While running helps, his accuracy is 60% over his career. His under 2/1 TD/Int ratio is pretty bad considering he spent his entire career is post 2010. While he runs a lot and gets a lot of running TDs it really hasn't helped his teams win all that much. That isn't to say he is a bad QB. He's pretty decent. This year I think he's playing at around his average level going by the eye test.

His WRs and TEs have been horrible. Probably the worst in the league. While Byrd and Meyers are getting yards, if you're put on the field enough and thrown enough balls that will happen. Also you will look better than you are when you're part of a running and short passing team. It makes everyone cheat up and puts you in a lot of 1v1s. the fact the Pats run more than they pass when they've been behind more than ahead speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back