PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it a good idea to try to sign JC Jackson before year ends?

zipster9

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He is the real deal. #1 CB.

I'd sign him for $15m/yr for 4 or 5 yrs!

I mean, if you are willing to pay Jonnu 12.5m/yr and he is NOT a #1 TE, Why not try to lock him?

CBs are not easy to attain, especially a #1.

Before the year I thought 15 million might get it done. Looking at the numbers he clearly is a #1 corner top 5 in the NFL. The bidding is going to start at 18 a year and if he gets two or three teams going all in 20 million would not surprise me. An offer of 15 million would be insulting.

Jc has sll the chips in this negotiation, stats and team importance, coming as a UDFA

There is 0 chance he wont be paid like a top 5 CB imo, either by tag or contract

He’ll get around 18-21k on the open market. Especially considering his INT stats for this year. I doubt BB will pay that kind of money. Maybe a franchise tag to keep him around another year, but that would be expensive too.

My guess is that he is tagged and traded. To me he is the luckiest cb I have ever seen play for the pats. He is a solid #2 guy who proves it is better to be lucky than good. My thoughts are more McCourty type money 5 and 60.

Jc has sll the chips in this negotiation, stats and team importance, coming as a UDFA

There is 0 chance he wont be paid like a top 5 CB imo, either by tag or contract
I think he’ll be asking for / receiving big bucks and I suspect it won’t come from NE. I do think BB will consider the franchise tag at ~18M. And push the decision down a year.

I think he’ll be asking for / receiving big bucks and I suspect it won’t come from NE. I do think BB will consider the franchise tag at ~18M. And push the decision down a year.
Im almost close on betting on hin getting the FT. it just makes too much sense

Then i expect a.high draft pick or a couple of CB picks. If a gems appears, JC is gone, if not he stay. Thats how I see it happening

I’d be surprised if he’s not tagged this year. Whether that’s to play an extra year or for a trade is equal chance in my mind.

Tag is about $15 million. No brainer.

JC has to be itching for free agency. No way he takes a contract from the pats unless it significantly exceeds $15 million/year.

If you're the pats, you don't offer that until the end of next year because of chance of injury or diminished play.

I’d be talking to his agent, sure. But it takes two to tango, letting him know he’s wanted would be good but distracting him from playing football wouldn’t be so I wouldn’t get serious unless his agent responded with a solid offer for an acceptable deal

Too late. He’s worth more now than when the season began. If things stay consistent the remainder of the season he’ll be offered a considerable amount of money.

He is the real deal. #1 CB.

I'd sign him for $15m/yr for 4 or 5 yrs!

I mean, if you are willing to pay Jonnu 12.5m/yr and he is NOT a #1 TE, Why not try to lock him?

CBs are not easy to attain, especially a #1.
He's not going to sign for anything less than what Tre'Davious White signed for. And that was a 4/69. We already have a thread going on this topic and not sure why you created a new one..

I posted in the the other thread that Jackson is pretty ranked as good as any of the other top 7 CBs. So thinking that we're going to get him on the cheap is really questionable.. Especially when he can earn $39M over the next 2 years just by signing the Franchise tag twice.

The Patriots have very little cap space to do anything with currently. Unless he signs a contract extension that doesn't touch this year, but adds a split bonus in March of 2022 and March of 2023, I don't see it happening.

4/72-5/92 is where I expect his contract to land..,

He’s testing the market.
So you don't think that the Patriots are going to put the franchise tag on him? Because that's the only way he'll get to test the Market before 2024. And I don't see that happening.

Tag is about $15 million. No brainer.

JC has to be itching for free agency. No way he takes a contract from the pats unless it significantly exceeds $15 million/year.

If you're the pats, you don't offer that until the end of next year because of chance of injury or diminished play.
No. The tag for 2022 is not $15M. It's going to be 18.566Million. The average of the top 5 salaries. 2020 was different because it was the start of the new CBA.

Before the year I thought 15 million might get it done. Looking at the numbers he clearly is a #1 corner top 5 in the NFL. The bidding is going to start at 18 a year and if he gets two or three teams going all in 20 million would not surprise me. An offer of 15 million would be insulting.
What bidding? The Pats are going to slap the franchise tag on him if they don't get a contract done..

So you don't think that the Patriots are going to put the franchise tag on him? Because that's the only way he'll get to test the Market before 2024. And I don't see that happening.
I saw the 2021 ft number and figured it would be close. My bad.

No. The tag for 2022 is not $15M. It's going to be 18.566Million. The average of the top 5 salaries. 2020 was different because it was the start of the new CBA.

18.5 million and all guaranteed on the cap next year is probably not what Belichick ideally wants to do.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back