PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady having some subpar games? Or is he physically declining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for being so rational. The awesome and infuriating thing about this sport is how good and bad a team can look in a nanosecond.

That being said, he does look shakier than in the past to me, but that is based on one quick watch, and even that was not the soberest I’ve ever been.
As a fan, I don’t want to be one of those people that goes into denial regarding Brady. To me, he does appear to finally be feeling the effects of age.

I’m not one of those Patsfan members that will blast red x’s at any hint of negativity on “our boy Tom”. I love him as much as any fan and would love him to be great until 45.

I’m not saying he is declining but I am saying he hasn’t looked the same. Maybe it’s physical or maybe there’s more to the Brady-Belichick friction than we know.

Either way, he’s the GOAT to me and has provided enough football joy for me to cherish the rest of my life.

Tom is declining. Hes 41 years old. Reaction times slow. It takes longer to heal.

With that said with the right talent around him hes still one of the best QBs in the league and would choose him over any QB to start a SB.

Both but he is still a legit threat to win a SB with a reasonably healthy Gronk and moderately effective defense.

He played like crap just like eveyrone else and he has played worse before. Remember all the miami games . Or the ravens playoff games, even the one we won. Age is an easy story because it will catch more hits.

Plus the entire rest of the league, the entire media and the fan bases of 31 other teams are waiting for his decline like hot, horny vultures. People have been wanting the decline narrative to be true for like 10 years.

Plus the entire rest of the league, the entire media and the fan bases of 31 other teams are waiting for his decline like hot, horny vultures. People have been wanting the decline narrative to be true for like 10 years.

Think how demoralizing it would be for them if we were to hit with our next QB haha.

Tom is declining. Hes 41 years old. Reaction times slow. It takes longer to heal.

With that said with the right talent around him hes still one of the best QBs in the league and would choose him over any QB to start a SB.

I still think he can win one more SB and go out like Peyton, Ray Lewis, Jerome Bettis, etc., but Bill has to do his part and get the right pieces.

It should be just as big a concern to wonder if Gordon, Edelman and Gronk have lost burst and speed.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Last week he beat Aaron Rodgers and was the GOAT who would play until he was 75. This week he is a noodle arm who should retire. My what a difference a week makes.

Tom just need to freshen up, that was a long stretch of consecutive games. I personally prefer that we morph into a run first team to accommodate him but I don't think we have the personnel to pull it off.

I think we have the personnel, they just can’t stay healthy

Brady didn't have time to go through all his progressions yesterday. He just had a 3 week stretch where put up over 40, 37 and 37. Its one bad week, I'm writing it off as a bad game by the team and expect a bounce back it two weeks.

That’s what I find so disturbing. Not that they lost to the Titans, any given Sunday and all... It was the manner in which we lost (ie; got blown out)

I can’t remember the last time I saw such a listless Patriots team. They looked like they didn’t want to be there and got manhandled all game long in all 3 phases

It’s not often that this team gets bullied around like that for 60 minutes

It should be just as big a concern to wonder if Gordon, Edelman and Gronk have lost burst and speed.

I'm worried the least about Edelman, which is ironic because I was one of the few people here concerned before the season that he wouldn't fully recover to 2016 form. He seems to function well in his role.

Gordon I'm not sure about. He doesn't even look that slow when you consider that he's a long strider, but it's clear he's not 2013 fast. There's a chance it's just his nagging hamstring.

Gronk...will likely never be himself again.

I think Edelman looks fine, considering he’s a year removed from knee surgery.

That’s what I find so disturbing. Not that they lost to the Titans, any given Sunday and all... It was the manner in which we lost (ie; got blown out)

I can’t remember the last time I saw such a listless Patriots team. They looked like they didn’t want to be there and got manhandled all game long in all 3 phases

It’s not often that this team gets bullied around like that for 60 minutes

What were fans saying when the Browns coached by Mangini & Daboll crushed NE in 2010 34-14?

I imagine the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore