PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady having some subpar games? Or is he physically declining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I am just going to ignore all the noise and just take a hard look at everything first hand and look at as much all-22 as I can check out before rendering judgment. A lot of the horseshit about Brady "declining" are uneducated comments.

What I know right now is that when Brady has time/space, the zip and accuracy is still there.

What happens when he is under pressure? I don't have a handle on that yet. It could be any number of reasons. Hopefully I can get a chance to rewatch the game and just focus on that one thing.

Under pressure, he can handle a lot but several sacks and he gets deer in the headlights syndrome. Who wouldn’t?

Under pressure, he can handle a lot but several sacks and he gets deer in the headlights syndrome. Who wouldn’t?

Exactly. There's no such thing as a NFL quarterback whose mechanics doesn't go to **** if his pocket keeps collapsing on him.

Brady is older and it has shown during the season over the past few seasons. His arm doesn’t bounce back the way it used too. The bye will give him some much needed rest and as long as we get a first round bye and the bye between the super bowl he will be excellent.

It wasn’t Brady. It was Brady plus 45 other guys and 10 coaches. They all looked stoic, mechanical, disinterested, like they were sick of football or didn’t want to play against Ryan and Lewis and Butler. Very odd game.

He was wide open multiple times yesterday and ignored. Not sure exactly why, but it's a fact.
Brady didn't have time to go through all his progressions yesterday. He just had a 3 week stretch where put up over 40, 37 and 37. Its one bad week, I'm writing it off as a bad game by the team and expect a bounce back it two weeks.

I understand we can’t win them all, but it looked to me, like 52 guys laid down and left Brady to take on the world.

Eh, not always. There are big games he won when he was under constant siege.

Games he lost and threw for 500 yards when he was constantly rushed--like the recent SB, but I agree with you right now he is being effected by the rush.

Brady has had at least 3 games that you walk away saying he threw some bad passes. This usually isn't the case. Of course he is aging. For the past couple of years he hasn't been throwing the long ball as he used to. That could be a function of effectness of Walker, Edelman and Amendola and his confidence in them or aging. No, I don't think he is as good as he used to be but who is as we get older. He is what we have. There isn't an acceptable backup in the house. Go Brady Go Pats

Right now I am just going to ignore all the noise and just take a hard look at everything first hand and look at as much all-22 as I can check out before rendering judgment. A lot of the horseshit about Brady "declining" are uneducated comments.

What I know right now is that when Brady has time/space, the zip and accuracy is still there.

What happens when he is under pressure? I don't have a handle on that yet. It could be any number of reasons. Hopefully I can get a chance to rewatch the game and just focus on that one thing.

However, the last time we had a healthy Gronk, Edelman, Gordon, White, and Shaq, we hung 43 on the Chiefs. It's been a revolving door on offense lately and I wouldn't blame Brady for becoming skittish and throwing the ball away more often than usual.
Thank you for being so rational. The awesome and infuriating thing about this sport is how good and bad a team can look in a nanosecond.

That being said, he does look shakier than in the past to me, but that is based on one quick watch, and even that was not the soberest I’ve ever been.

I dont think the team overall is helping Brady either, poor play by other offensive positions isnt helping him.

I really don’t think we have much to worry about our offence if and when they are healthy. I just checked it out and Tom has had Julian, Josh, Gronk, James and Sony on the field and healthy together for 9 fn quarters. Give me them and a healthy O-Line and Tom and we should be able to score 35 plus points each and ever game until WE WIN THE 2019 SUPER BOWL! I really think we can run the table! LET’S GO!

It's inconsistency that comes with age. We are in uncharted territory here, no QB has performed as well as Brady has at his age outside of Favre's Viking year.

The reason why old players fall off the cliff isn't because of "they lost it", it's because they cannot recover as fast as they did before from physical injuries and fatigue. Brady is 41 years old and has played 10 consecutive games, I think it's natural for Brady's form to fall off a bit.

The upcoming BYE arrives at such a crucial time. We are missing key players and all players can recover during the BYE week, including Brady. I believe Brady will come out much better in the following weeks after the BYE.

And because we have a 41 years old starting QB, the Playoff BYE becomes super important. Again, an extra week of rest will do wonders to Brady's body, which will allow Brady to perform at a high level throughout the Playoffs. If Brady has to play in the Wild Card, yikes. I might even consider benching Brady for the final week for Hoyer so Brady can prepare for the Wild Card.

Thank you for being so rational. The awesome and infuriating thing about this sport is how good and bad a team can look in a nanosecond.

That being said, he does look shakier than in the past to me, but that is based on one quick watch, and even that was not the soberest I’ve ever been.

I agree that he's throwing the ball away more often or missing his target but I do not think it's the byproduct of some sort of drastic decline.

There is just something about this offense that he doesn't trust. He and this offense are not in sync- they're not always on the same page.

Brady's mechanics are a mess, his feet are all over the place. Brady is also locking onto a target and throwing the ball into coverage.

I don't think it is really his age that is the problem, though that could be part of it, Brady just isn't playing that well.

Brady is coming off an MVP season in which he could have also been Super Bowl MVP. The drop off is not due to Brady all of a sudden sucking! I thought right off the bat, like most of us, that the Pats went too deep in not keeping players on the offense this off-season. Don't we all know by now that it takes the new guys along with Brady to gel into this rhythmic / timing complex offense?

I think the best is yet to come... See 2016 (one of Brady's not to great years) - Gabrielle, Caldwell were horrible to sub-par in the regular season that year, but come playoff time, they gelled with Brady! The talent is much greater on this team in 2018.

Brady surely haven't played well all year missed some throws. Some his fault some his Receivers fault. But let's give the Titans credit they knew exactly what we were going to do and took those short stuff away. The Patriots Offense is somewhat predictable when Sony is there you know it's Run 99% of the time with White it's a 80% pass. Vrabel played the percentages and the Titans can tackle. Missing Gronk - Mason and Mount Brown partime didn't help either. Shaq Mason is Huge factor in our running game Tedd Karras is average. Can't miss that many guns on Offense and still be effective Brady is an old GOAT now.

I just submitted a request to Bill Belichick. No bad losses before the bye week, pats fans seem prone to hysteria (due to consistent excellence for nearly 2 decades).

We're still a more than solid team, but we don't have enough qualified depth to excel. We need the starters solid and healthy enough to be a top tier team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes