PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Baker Mayfield being a whiny b#%&! about Hue Jackson?

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Guy gets fired, gets offered another job, takes the job. Mayfield snubs him like a child. Hey Baker, not everybody gets a $20 million signing bonus so they have to keep working to earn a living.

Maybe I'm missing something, guy seems like an ass.

It’s his ultra competitive nature. He sees it as a snub and probably resents him for what he sees as costing their team games early in the season and maybe even a shot at the postseason. It’s the same competitive nature that drives Brady. Hate it if you want, but history has shown that nature to be present in a ton of winners.

It’s his ultra competitive nature. He sees it as a snub and probably resents him for what he sees as costing their team games early in the season and maybe even a shot at the postseason. It’s the same competitive nature that drives Brady. Hate it if you want, but history has shown that nature to be present in a ton of winners.
Fair enough, and I'm sure he is a very competitive guy. But I see a guy like Brady doing the right thing and being gracious as hell in the same situation. This feels less like competitiveness to me than just being an entitled jerkoff.

Guy gets fired, gets offered another job, takes the job. Mayfield snubs him like a child. Hey Baker, not everybody gets a $20 million signing bonus so they have to keep working to earn a living.

Maybe I'm missing something, guy seems like an ass.

He looked like an ass to me also. What's his beef with Jackson?

Fair enough, and I'm sure he is a very competitive guy. But I see a guy like Brady doing the right thing and being gracious as hell in the same situation. This feels less like competitiveness to me than just being an entitled jerkoff.

That's one of the things I admire most about Brady. In all the years he's been playing I can't remember him disrespecting anyone, even when it would have been acceptable for him to do it (Goodell).

He looked like an ass to me also. What's his beef with Jackson?
Jackson - he of the 1-31 start as head coach in Cleveland - thought the Browns had a better chance of winning with Tyrod Taylor as the starting quarterback than Mayfield.

If anything Mayfield is holding back compared to what most of us (and all Browns fans) would do or say to Jackson.

Brady only does that in public and I admit Baker might be wise to follow that example (and he probably will in time). But Brady’s leaked e-mails to his dad about Manning show the same competitive streak in private.

My opinion is it makes a huge difference whether Mayfield is speaking for himself or the Brown's locker room.

I'm not a fan of Mayfield the person but the dude competes like hell.

He'd be best served to not acknowledge Jackson's existence.

Brady only does that in public and I admit Baker might be wise to follow that example (and he probably will in time). But Brady’s leaked e-mails to his dad about Manning show the same competitive streak in private.
Yep. In private anything goes.

Jackson - he of the 1-31 start as head coach in Cleveland - thought the Browns had a better chance of winning with Tyrod Taylor as the starting quarterback than Mayfield.

If anything Mayfield is holding back compared to what most of us (and all Browns fans) would do or say to Jackson.

Don’t think Jackson being a lousy coach is really the issue. If anything, Mayfield should be glad he went to Cincy then.

We don’t know what went on behind the scenes between the two. My bet is that Mayfield and everyone else on the team knew he was the best option to be playing but Hue went to long with Taylor. At the end of the day Hue was as an inept coach this league has ever seen and it’s likely he and Mayfield never saw eye to eye.

Mayfield’s always worn his heart on his sleeve. He’s ultra competitive and it’s probably a struggle for him to contain his emotions. He’s the best thing that’s happened to the Browns in over 20 years.

I did not see any compassion I can tell you that.

If I was Mayfield and for told that Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than me, i'd be pissed also.

He'll probably mellow out a little when he gets older, but a winning QB full of piss and vinegar is exactly what the Browns need.

Don’t think Jackson being a lousy coach is really the issue. If anything, Mayfield should be glad he went to Cincy then.
Maybe going to a division rival mid-season and twice trying to help them beat his former players had something to do with it.

Keep in mind that Jackson was going to get paid the same amount whether he took the rest of the year off and stayed home. He was/is essentially working for the Bengals for free.

To me that could easily be construed as an attempt to stick to his old team - and his old players.

But I see a guy like Brady doing the right thing and being gracious as hell in the same situation. This feels less like competitiveness to me than just being an entitled jerkoff.

As a competitor Tom Brady is an exemplar of many an axiom, perhaps none so much as "The best revenge is living well."

Whatever he’s doing, he’s proving to be the right pick.

Hugh Jackson is like thst corrupt politician from The Wire, sheeee-eee-t. What a fraud.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back