PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting BB nuggets from Rapoport

Same goes for your God BB who has lost his Fast ball since Brady's departure. The game has passed him by on the Offensive side bye...
Goodbye GIF
I guarantee you're wrong.

I guarantee you're wrong.
I have watched a lot of football know its 2024 and not 2004 BB has run his course on the NEP it's time.

Unreal that you still believe Mac coud've used anyone. He couldn't even use Jerry Rice.

Any QB could use a WR on pace for 1k yards.

This idea that QBs should be saddled with average talent and “prove themselves” before getting any weapons is so against how the league operates

And why pretend like Mac got bad in a bubble? Maybe he never develops isn’t I the guy. And I think he would not have considering how clear he gets skittish under pressure.

But no one can say the patriots did everything possible to make it conducive for a young qb to thrive

Last edited:
I’ve been in the move on from Bill camp.

But my exception to that rule is if it means replacing him with McDaniels. Just keep Bill at that point.
I think Josh gets too much hate still, but I don’t know why you’d dump Bill to replace him with Josh. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Josh makes sense as a “Bill retired” replacement, not a “we retired Bill” replacement.

I think Josh gets too much hate still, but I don’t know why you’d dump Bill to replace him with Josh. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Josh makes sense as a “Bill retired” replacement, not a “we retired Bill” replacement.
McDaniels has had his chances. All set. OC only.

Nope. I'm basing that on people in similar situations. I've seen it happen in real life first-hand.

A good example of this happening is with the Star Wars prequels. George Lucas, at that point in his career, surrounded himself with people who wouldn't tell him no. Which led to those movies being crap. You can see in the behind the scenes documentaries of his underlings looking at each other with skepticism and doubt but they never spoke up.

The same is true, I think based on what I've seen reported and the results on the field, with BB. The small coaching staff, nepotism, failure to adapt.
As I said, you are making it up.
One guy once did something that you have no real knowledge of the true events, and have deemed it bad. Now you want to make up something bad about someone else so you conclude they must have done what you made up about the other guy.
100% BS.

McDaniels has had his chances. All set. OC only.
Vrabel Obrein and Mcdaniels would be a great coaching staff.
McDonald and Mcdaniels great coaching staff.
Harbaugh and Mayo great coaching staff.
Mayo and Mcdaniels/Obrein solid coaching staff.
Ben Johnson and Mayo great coaching staff.
Frank Smith and Wes Welker both deserve interviews.
Joe Brady deserves a interview
Jason Vrable deserves a interview
Kevin Patullo deserves a interview
Bobby Slowik deserves a interview
Alex Van Pelt deserves a interview
Brian Callahan deserves a interview
Brian Johnson deserves a interview

I want to see some innovative young minds on the 2024 Patriots coaching staff.

My main issue is that Mac actually regressed under Bill and the fact that Bill didn't do everything he could to help Mac succeed. A lot of it stems from the fact he seemingly doesn't seem to respect (understand?) modern offensive football. Bill is still building an offense like he has Brady and in addition is poorly evaluating offensive talent.

I know people thought I was crazy this offseason when I said that I didn't view Juju as an upgrade over Jakobi but it's blatantly obvious Bill bungled that situation. In addition he hasn't swung for the fences to get Mac a true number one receiver which has been the formula for success for so many young quarterbacks.

Bill has also completely botched the guard and tackle situation the last few years. He created holes at guard by trading Mason, letting Thuney walk (after that ridiculous use of the franchise tag), and then decreasing the offer to Karras after badly miscalculating his market. Then to add insult to injury he drafts a guard in the first round and that guard isn't even all that good. Pair the mess at guard with the disaster at tackle last season swapping Wynn (in a contract year), and Brown (who just signed for RT money) and having them both become malcontents. This year what did at tackle is just flat out negligence. Reily Reiff, who immediately was moved to guard in the summer, and Calvin "Does he even exist?" Anderson were going to protect our already close to broken quaterback?

If Bill went out and swung a trade for AJ Brown (or drafted him in the first place), Tyreek Hill, or even Calvin Ridley or Brandin Cooks (or even signed Deandre Hopkins) and Mac still failed then I would give him more benefit of the doubt. Instead he let, what would be a solid number 2, in Jakobi Meyers walk and swapped him out with a broken down Juju Smith-Schuster and doubled down on an oft-injured subpar Devante Parker and called it a day. Brady could make JAGs like these guys work but Mac and whomever the next guy is will be lightyears away from being Tom Brady so it is time to change the philosophy and Bill just isn't going to do that in his 50th year as a coach.
10 didn’t regress, he was exposed. They covered his weaknesses and hid his flaws for 3/4s of a season. He’s been the same guy since day 1. We tricked everyone for 3/4s of a season and everything since has been the same with increasing amount of failure as who he is became more clear to defenses.

Reminder that Belichick himself was in his 40s when he came to NE. I don’t want some old fart. Give me a guy in his late 30s to early 40s.

Agreed. But bringing BB into it was weak. And I am not even a BB apologist.

I can understand Flores being upset that Belichick left a congratulations message to Daboll on his phone. But can also understand how Belichick could make that mistake.

Vrabel Obrein and Mcdaniels would be a great coaching staff.
McDonald and Mcdaniels great coaching staff.
Harbaugh and Mayo great coaching staff.
Mayo and Mcdaniels/Obrein solid coaching staff.
Ben Johnson and Mayo great coaching staff.
Frank Smith and Wes Welker both deserve interviews.
Joe Brady deserves a interview
Jason Vrable deserves a interview
Kevin Patullo deserves a interview
Bobby Slowik deserves a interview
Alex Van Pelt deserves a interview
Brian Callahan deserves a interview
Brian Johnson deserves a interview

I want to see some innovative young minds on the 2024 Patriots coaching staff.

Why would you have O’ Brien and MacDaniels on the same staff?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back