PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Attendance (and Non) at 10/15/19 Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) If Bennett were suffering minor injuries, he would have been at practice.

2) For whatever reason, Bennett is being paid to start and has been averaging 17 reps for the last 4 games, and was down to 11 reps this past week. (37,25,19,24,14,11)

Him not playing much right now thus him not being happy about is not nearly enough indication for me that it is OBVIOUS that he gets moved.

He could be just ill or be kept out who knows.

A promotion is not quite what I was expecting when it was reported that Skipper was missing.

2) For whatever reason, Bennett is being paid to start and has been averaging 17 reps for the last 4 games, and was down to 11 reps this past week. (37,25,19,24,14,11)

Reiss has summed the "why" up pretty well in his Sunday column.

Thanks to Shelton playing way above expectations and Collins playing like a AP and the Pats have shifted back to more of a 3-4 which makes Bennett less of a scheme fit.

A promotion is not quite what I was expecting when it was reported that Skipper was missing.

Skipper has been here since the beginning of camp and can't crack a backup roster position here.

Imagine how thin the Texans are.

OK.

Does that analysis make it worth keeping Bennett as a backup playing 10-15 reps a game?

To put in other way, would you trade a 5th round pick for bennett? Is Bennett worth more than a 5th to the patriots?

Reiss has summed the "why" up pretty well in his Sunday column.

Thanks to Shelton playing way above expectations and Collins playing like a AP and the Pats have shifted back to more of a 3-4 which makes Bennett less of a scheme fit.

Houston lost their start RT on Sunday with what looked like a serious knee injury.

OK.

Does that analysis make it worth keeping Bennett as a backup playing 10-15 reps a game?

To put in other way, would you trade a 5th round pick for bennett? Is Bennett worth more than a 5th to the patriots?

Just for the salary cap sake ? No.

If you have a trade cooking and the coaching staff is convinced they have sufficient depth on the roster then yes.

I am the wrong person to answer this because I don't have every day access to practices and know much beyond what I see on game day.

Tyler Gauthier was in TC with the Patriots. He graded out pretty well. We'll see if he sticks this time.

Still one spot available by my count.

Tyler Gauthier was in TC with the Patriots. He graded out pretty well. We'll see if he sticks this time.

Still one spot available by my count.
waiting for Kessler to clear waivers

OK.

The more pertinent question is whether Bennett is worth more than a 5th round pick to a team running a 4-3 Defense?

I'd say yes.

I wouldn't trade Bennett unless that trade is Immediately followed by another one for a TE/WR/LT.

I wonder if him mouthing off to the media about "Go ask Bill" about his playing time had something to do with it...
If based on just that, it seems harsh.

I'm assuming it took more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing