PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Attendance (and Non) at 10/15/19 Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett is as good as gone

I wouldn't want to trade Bennett for a pick. Only a player. When he has played he has been pretty good but they simply don't need him. Unlesss they get something good back they should keep him.

Trading him for some meh WR or TE help makes no sense. Unless the guy can make an impact keep the talent and depth.

Is it possible for Cajuste, Wynn and Harry to all return and play this season with the Patriots? The reason I ask is because Cajuste is currently on the NFI list. Thank you!

Aw ****, now the MCI is parrotting me (I DON'T want the association).......

Trolin comes riding in on his white horse to tell us something everyone else has already reported. You're a hero Ben.

I'm worried that they are making the mistake of using our D against these vanilla Os as a measuring stick when when the the real Os come and playoffs having him could be a huge need.

What vanilla Os ? What are you talking about ?

I hope they don't trade Bennett. They will need him.
Agreed, but BB also seems to have an unspoken rule that if a vet is really unhappy with his role, he'll trade him or cut him if something can be worked out.

Is it possible for Cajuste, Wynn and Harry to all return and play this season with the Patriots? The reason I ask is because Cajuste is currently on the NFI list. Thank you!
Yes. NFI designation is separate from the IR with its 2 player only rule for who can return.

Ton of mystery still with Cajuste though and nothing to suggest he’s coming back at this stage.

Technically yes.

In reality if you have a rookie missing his entire first camp and the first 6-7 weeks of the season because of an offseason surgery without being seen at least once in the locker room it usually is a pretty good indicator of someone getting redshirted for the year.

based on?

-Snap count
-Speaking up about his playing time
-Being out on a random practice with no injuries (That we know of)
-The fact that Bedard and others have already hinted that he will not go back to Philly and Pats may have a tough time finding a partner...aka there have already been talks or feelers out there for him being moved

They take a $4 million cap hit with Bennett from what I can figure.

Combined with AB, that is a lot out the window

It would have to be a trade where they pick up a like contract or would make no sense to me.

How about Bennett for OJ Howard straight up?
That would be a nasty d line there.
Or Bennett to Denver for Sanders
Bennet for Higgins?
Bennett for Hooper?
That’s the kind of Nasty Atlanta needs.
Bennett for Goeadart? He’s not doing anything in Philly and their D is awful.
Bennett to Minnesota and a second for Diggs.
Bennett to Jac for Chris Conley.
Bennett to Chicago for Shaheen and a pick back.
Bennett to Houston and a second for Will Fuller
Bennett to Tenn and a third for Humphries.
Would love to see the press conference and Humphries responses.
Bennett to LA Chargers along with a second for Keenan Allen.
I'll say one thing for you. You certainly have a fertile imagination,

-Snap count
-Speaking up about his playing time
-Being out on a random practice with no injuries (That we know of)
-The fact that Bedard and others have already hinted that he will not go back to Philly and Pats may have a tough time finding a partner...aka there have already been talks or feelers out there for him being moved

If he's out tomorrow as well, then my eyebrows will go up. Until then, it's not anything out of the ordinary for me. As everyone knows, Wednesday is the most important practice of the week, and absentees do not play, 90% of the time.

What vanilla Os ? What are you talking about ?

Near as I can tell, he's worried that Bill is going to be baited by the success against bad offenses into doing something stupid that lessens their odds of success in the playoffs.

Seems legit. :confused:

They take a $4 million cap hit with Bennett from what I can figure.

Combined with AB, that is a lot out the window

It would have to be a trade where they pick up a like contract or would make no sense to me.

They save somewhere between 2-2.8m depending on the exact date of the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe