PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Insider Buzz: Broncos Will Start Brock Osweiler for Remainder of Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this good? Peyton playing takes Denver out of the running.
Agree completely with this point.

Furthermore, the fact Manning played the Colts and the KC games, both losses, just so he could get the total yards record shows what a me first kind of guy he is.

Had Osweiler started those games the Donkeys may very well be undefeated right now and in the driver's seat for HFA.

What a perfect ending this could turn out to be for this guy's career. He gets his last record in the record book during the regular season but in doing so, he costs his team HFA in the playoffs and he loses his last game while sitting on the bench in Foxboro stadium. Please make it so.

Osweiler beating us last weekend put the final nail in Manning's coffin.

Exactly what I thought. Why make a choice when you don't have to today?

And, if accurate

"In 2015, Manning will receive $15 million in salary, a $4 million pay cut that provided the team some flexibility in free agency. But Manning has a chance to recoup the difference in team-based incentives — $2 million if the Broncos win the AFC championship, and another $2 million if they win the Super Bowl, per ESPN."

That means if the newbie takes the Broncos to the promised land, Manning adds $4 million to his account. His price for getting well? A mere million bucks per game. A possible $10 million insure plan in case the rookie blows up. Somehow, sticking the Donkeys with that bill doesn't bother me a bit.

The hype on this guy is enormous right now. I hope Denver goes undefeated the rest of the way, so they go into the playoffs with Osweiler being unbeaten. He'll crumble as the postseason pressure mounts. It'll be sweet to hand him his first loss, just like we did to Big Ben.

The funny thing is it's Denver's defense that makes them so dominant.. Manning has played like garbage all year long and the defense bailed him out of 2..3..4 interception games and still won it for them. All they need Osweiler to do is come in and not stink the place up and he'll be way better than Manning was.

Scary parallels to 2001 and Brady/Bledsoe, for what it's worth. I'm sure I'm going to get hit with some "disagrees" for this one.
Drew didn't have a noodle arm.

Brock was nothing spectacular against the Bears and the Patriots, but compared to the way Manning was playing in the weeks leading up to the quarterback switch, it is seemingly an easy decision for the Broncos brass to make.

They are going to go forward with him being more of a game manager and rely on the running game and defense like they have the last two weeks.

To Denver. Look forward to the next matchup and to you guys playing a even somewhat healthy Patriots team. Doesn't matter who your QB is.

Don't bow out with a early exit in the first round please. We would be very disappointed if the Pats don't get the chance to demolish you.

He is tied with Favre for most regular season wins. So close. Just one more game.

That must be killing him.
...and Donk's ate two losses just so Manning could get the yardage record. Elway must be kicking himself.

Osweiler beating us last weekend put the final nail in Manning's coffin.

What, were the Broncos scouting the refs as potential replacements?

Whatever, if we get Dola, Gronk, Hightower, Collins back. They have no chance.

He is tied with Favre for most regular season wins. So close. Just one more game.

That must be killing him.

No doubt, he wants that mark badly. So badly in fact that he puts it above the best interests of any team that would have him. I would bet he sets it with Houston next season and it costs them a playoff spot as BOB deals with the drama of ending his career.

No doubt, he wants that mark badly. So badly in fact that he puts it above the best interests of any team that would have him. I would bet he sets it with Houston next season and it costs them a playoff spot as BOB deals with the drama of ending his career.

Brady is a couple of years behind him in most categories and still is going strong. Wonder if PM thinks about padding his stats as well.

Brady is a couple of years behind him in most categories and still is going strong. Wonder if PM thinks about padding his stats as well.

The only stat he is padding is his growing INT total. Another year and he could climb to second all-time. Unfortunately he has no chance at Favre's record. Try harder Peyton, maybe you can get that record to!

I think this kid is given way too much credit. Basically they won because:

1. Broncos defense against our depleted offense

2. Officiating

3. Broncos run game against our depleted run defense – which was pretty bad without Collins, and then got even worse when Hightower went out.

We were up 21-10 on these fools. And without that muffed punt, Gronk and Hightower leaving the game, we wouldn’t be talking about this kid as a the second coming of Tom Brady taking over for Drew Bledsoe. For the most part, they couldn’t sustain drives, and kept on going 3-and-outs. With a healthy roster (even against their healthy roster), and without a fixed job by the officiating crew, we would have ***-raped them.

This kind of crap is exactly what everyone said about Brady and Big Ben in their first few years. Game managers etc etc. And they both won multiple Super Bowls. Someone has to make enough plays to allow the team to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST