PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indystar new message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Indy Star forum is a strange story. I have a buddy who posted there and he gave me some insights.

It was for years a combination of old-time Colts fans and newer Colts fans, with a few interlopers. It had good football discussions.

At one point some teenagers, lukewarm Colts fans, decided it was funny to rile up Colts fans under new screennames by pretending to be superobnoxious Patriots fans. They enjoyed getting the hostile reaction. They were so successful in ticking off Colts fans that the Colts fans fell for it and (for revenge) they trolled on Patriots sites. That led to real Patriots fans "getting payback" by going to the IndyStar forum and joining the fake Patriots fans in irritating the Colts fans.

To confuse it further, some of the teenage fake Patriots fans had other screennames and "argued with themselves" using the screenname associated with being a Colts fan.

The board was poorly moderated, didn't screen by IP address, and just became a troll-fest free-for-all with tons of people pretending to be someone other than they really were and having multiple screen names. One of the more lame-brained "Colts fans" was even (I think) a Patriots fan feigning outrage about spygate and making real Colts fans look stupid with his ignorant rants (Gilbert Gardner).

Finally the forum software was replaced with something so user-unfriendly that everyone whose posts were worth reading left there for good.

I kind of feel bad for the people who seriously wanted to talk football there and whose forum was run downhill by pranksters. The funny thing is, some of the Patriots fans they hated the most and who shaped their opinions about Patriots fans were really Colts fans posting that way to make them mad and they never figured it out!

do you have any proof about the pranksters? This is the first time I have ever heard anything about this, I know the moderator from the old board and the people posting as Pats fans all had IP addresses from the northeast and not in the Indy area at all. Of course we had a few Pats fans from the Indy area, but the trouble makers you speak off all had IP addresses from the North East.

do you have any proof about the pranksters?

Their old board allowed private messages, and a friend identified one of the douple-dippers by his posting style and send him a message and buttered him up, saying it was hilarious.

The guy admitted it, in a return private message.

Their old board allowed private messages, and a friend identified one of the douple-dippers by his posting style and send him a message and buttered him up, saying it was hilarious.

The guy admitted it, in a return private message.

I'm guessing he was the exception, rather than the rule.

The Indy Star forum is a strange story. I have a buddy who posted there and he gave me some insights.

It was for years a combination of old-time Colts fans and newer Colts fans, with a few interlopers. It had good football discussions.

At one point some teenagers, lukewarm Colts fans, decided it was funny to rile up Colts fans under new screennames by pretending to be superobnoxious Patriots fans. They enjoyed getting the hostile reaction. They were so successful in ticking off Colts fans that the Colts fans fell for it and (for revenge) they trolled on Patriots sites. That led to real Patriots fans "getting payback" by going to the IndyStar forum and joining the fake Patriots fans in irritating the Colts fans.

To confuse it further, some of the teenage fake Patriots fans had other screennames and "argued with themselves" using the screenname associated with being a Colts fan.

The board was poorly moderated, didn't screen by IP address, and just became a troll-fest free-for-all with tons of people pretending to be someone other than they really were and having multiple screen names. One of the more lame-brained "Colts fans" was even (I think) a Patriots fan feigning outrage about spygate and making real Colts fans look stupid with his ignorant rants (Gilbert Gardner).

Finally the forum software was replaced with something so user-unfriendly that everyone whose posts were worth reading left there for good.

I kind of feel bad for the people who seriously wanted to talk football there and whose forum was run downhill by pranksters. The funny thing is, some of the Patriots fans they hated the most and who shaped their opinions about Patriots fans were really Colts fans posting that way to make them mad and they never figured it out!

this is without a doubt, the dumbest thing i've ever read. people have way too much time on their hands, assuming this is true. oh well, there will always be stupid people who will invade our boards, and piss us off. :cool:

This is what ColtFreaks is all about. Bashing patriots players.

Their obsession with everything Pats is just astonishing.

And, let's not forget, they are all class.... :rolleyes:

I don't post over there (why people troll another teams site is beyond me). I have to say though, on the occasions it brought up here, I usually end up following the link. I'm appalled to how much that board OBSESSES with the Patriots. Damn, they should just start a sub-forum under COLT called Patriots. It'd probably get more action.

Do you guys not like talking about your own team over there or what? Now I can actually understand why reasonable colts come here to talk football, since there isn't any talk there about it over there. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Colts disaster areas err... forums, here is a pretty entertaining thread from ColtFreaks:

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4893

So when is the "Which player do you most want to see get shot by Marvin Harrison" Thread coming? :eek::cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye