PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In Stadium Practice Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, there's just no accountability with this team. No wonder nobody bothers to respect Pom Pom Belichick.
After the practice, Wynn referred to him as “Tickle me Bill,” although I think that may have been a bit extreme.

Some highlights:

* CB Ryan Lewis caught my eye, intercepted Brady on a bomb at the goal line and also had another nice pass breakup.
* It'll be interesting to see if Etling makes the team. He doesn't look bad; has a kind of odd quarter-sidearm delivery but seems pretty accurate overall.
* Rex Burkhead looking good both in running and passing game, also rotated in as a returner.
* Braxton Berrios is a quick little athlete -- runs good routes and gets open but had a couple notable drops. Returned punts as did McCarron and a couple other guys.
* Trent Brown lined up with the ones at LT; moves better than I would've guessed. His jersey is so big it looks like he's wearing a tent.
* Rookie left-footed punter Corey Bojorquez got a lot of work but I don't think he'll unseat Allen.
* Cordarrelle Patterson got some reps with the ones and didn't look bad.
* Phillip Dorsett looked REAL good on a few plays connecting with Brady.
* Brady and Gronk had a bad miscue on a pass in the end zone during goal line work. Gronk was open but Tom threw a little behind him, Gronk still should've caught it but it bounced off his hands.

The annual lineman punt catch for time off involved Allen punting to Isaiah Wynn. Wynn dropped it but the crowd cheered for another try, so BB gave in and he caught the second one. The whole team mobbed him -- it was a funny scene.

I really enjoy watching Dante Scar coach. The guy is an inspiration and looks damn good for his age.
Thanks for the update, Tune. I’d have to guess that Etling is almost certainly going to be cut, with it being a pretty safe bet that he makes it through to the PS. No reason to take up another roster spot by keeping 3 QBs. Let’s see how he looks next summer. I don’t think Hoyer was even in jeopardy of losing his job. His knowledge of the system gives him a significant advantage over any other options.

I went tonight. Supafly said some great points. All accurate. One thing, Brady is having issues so far with underthrows on deep balls. I really hope turning 41 isn’t the reason, but at some point your arm does fall apart with age. Don’t panic, just something to keep an eye on.

I went tonight. Supafly said some great points. All accurate. One thing, Brady is having issues so far with underthrows on deep balls. I really hope turning 41 isn’t the reason, but at some point your arm does fall apart with age. Don’t panic, just something to keep an eye on.

If he had been to OTA's none of this would have happened, he would have been spot on, in complete synchronicity with his receivers and it would rain on demand;);) Selfish bastard spending time with his family..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes