PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In retrospect-was Tom v Time a bad idea timing wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
to release it while playoffs and super bowl was going on - I feel wasn’t a great idea. Was a distraction and too much attention on TB12 (like he didn’t have enough of it). And for us fans....I was more focused on Pats winning versus watching Toms personal life. It was very Un Tom like to release it when he did. During off season - would have been a better time. Just happy there is no such thing this time around and hopefully a better super bowl result!

Yeah, it wasn’t a good look when they lost and then had to scramble trying to put together the last episode, either. I agree with you that I didn’t care for the timing of the release.

It was a non factor ...
Brady was 28/48 for 505 yards and 3 TD's.
The offense scored 33 points ... gave up 41 points.

So Tom vs Time affected the defense and not the offense?

That’s true too but it was not necessary and felt like Tom knew that they were going to win the SB therefore complete the last episode after the SB. The timing wasn’t such that it felt a little show offy. Also - I love TB12 the way he is. I don’t reallt want him to open up his entire personal life to everyone where he will become more of a target - unwanted attention.

He won the MVP and the team was one strip sack away from another title. Really not sure it had any negative effect.

If only Bill hadn’t caught Malcolm Butler staying up past curfew watching Tom vs time. Maybe history would be different.

No.

images

I really "miss" Sportstalk radio parsing every word that Tom said and their ever present search for hidden meanings, no matter how many times they played a particular segment it added nothing new.. that was one of the reasons that I seldom listen any more..

Then there was the subsequent interview with Chopra, they really got their Depends in a bunch over that, thought there were going to try to play it backwards in their search for the hidden "truths"...

Never bothered to watch Tom Vs. Time #3 as the whole effort seemed so Unbrady like...

I did not like the timing at all. Probabaly didn't have an effect, although some effects are hard to quantify.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Regardless of timing : the fact it existed at all... or the “TB Times”...

Really love the onfield performances and the rigorous prep, but TB is a strange dude. As long as he wins, though, it’s all good. TvT had nothing to do with last season’s outcome. But it was still unnecessary and bizarre.

Regardless of timing : the fact it existed at all... or the “TB Times”...

Really love the onfield performances and the rigorous prep, but TB is a strange dude. As long as he wins, though, it’s all good. TvT had nothing to do with last season’s outcome. But it was still unnecessary and bizarre.

What do you mean by strange

Not a factor, but I thought it was tad narcissistic at the time and coupled with this off season, the optics changed who I thougth he was. It is not a big deal in hind sight.

I enjoyed watching it.
I definitely think it was staged and the TB12 method was in full display.
Lots of innuendo with the “why are we doing this?” And appreciation themes, etc.
But I can watch Tom Brady all day. His 2 youngest are the same age as mine I enjoy watching his kids, too.
I want to know what’s in that smoothie but don’t want to spend $200 on that cookbook.
The opening score/tune was pretty cool.

What do you mean by strange
Umm.. hahaha. Most of the things he believes in are strange : water to "heal" concussions, Alex G, Tony Robbins....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes