PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In normal cities you'd see something like this in local papers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Sally Jenkins objective takes as much as anyone and she's on my must read list but this thread's title somewhat inferring Washington is a 'normal city' (even though I know it wasn't the intent) is every bit as funny as the linked article is good.

I love Sally Jenkins objective takes as much as anyone and she's on my must read list but this thread's title somewhat inferring Washington is a 'normal city' (even though I know it wasn't the intent) is every bit as funny as the linked article is good.
He was referring to Boston with that reference, meaning that an article like this should have been in a local newspaper here as opposed to being written in Washington DC, but their writer is writing it about our team :cool:

Just another normal week of game-planning for an opponent’s weakness like a winter predator picking meat off a bone.

This is why they win. Just another week. Love it.

He was referring to Boston with that reference, meaning that an article like this should have been in a local newspaper here as opposed to being written in Washington DC, but their writer is writing it about our team :cool:

Dear Leader,
I realize I may be an accomplice in my own execution by pointing this out but please do me the courtesy of allowing me to fully illustrate my incompetence before you assume it. If you could find it in your generous and benevolent heart to forgive my impertinence and re-read my post you might find the word 'somewhat' and the phrase "even though I know it wasn't the intent" do in fact indicate I was aware what the OP's intent was.

In the event that you are understandably unable to forgive me for pointing this out I understand completely and am willing to save the state the inconvenience of providing either a blindfold or cigarette at my execution. I ask only that you show the world your infinite grace by sparing my family, as the fault is purely my own.

Great article. Thank you for posting that link.

And yeah, it's very true that you have to go outside the local area to find objective articles about ANY of our teams.

Media in Boston takes this team for granted. Hate to break it to you, but this team gives Boston their best opportunity to see another championship in the next several months. Celtics may get to the finals, but we know they'll get swept by the Warriors. Bruins aren't quite cup ready. Won't know until October if the Sox can repeat. Every other city would love to have a run like the Patriots have had.

Not to be that guy but you meant implying, not inferring.

Dear Leader,
I realize I may be an accomplice in my own execution by pointing this out but please do me the courtesy of allowing me to fully illustrate my incompetence before you assume it. If you could find it in your generous and benevolent heart to forgive my impertinence and re-read my post you might find the word 'somewhat' and the phrase "even though I know it wasn't the intent" do in fact indicate I was aware what the OP's intent was.

In the event that you are understandably unable to forgive me for pointing this out I understand completely and am willing to save the state the inconvenience of providing either a blindfold or cigarette at my execution. I ask only that you show the world your infinite grace by sparing my family, as the fault is purely my own.

You said "inferring" when you meant "implying."
Before ruling on your request: Have you passed this habit down to your children?

Also this one right before...

That’d be awesome. Call it the GOAT wing. One player per position. You get kicked out if someone surpasses you. We’d have BB, Brady, Gronk, and Vinatieri.

Not to be that guy but you meant implying, not inferring.

While I merit correction if you in fact knew what I meant it does sort of make you 'that guy' but you are not alone...

You said "inferring" when you meant "implying."
Before ruling on your request: Have you passed this habit down to your children?

I stand duly corrected and properly, as well as publicly, castigated. The title's soft implication allowing for the inference that DC could be considered in any way normal did in fact cross me up and I should have turned a far better phrase. On a far more important note, I am somewhat alarmed that you appear to have usurped Dear Leader's absolute authority to rule on this matter. As Dear Leader is the very manliest of men he would never delegate such a weighty matter and would insist on not just passing the judgement but also swinging the sword himself as an expression of his noble grace. Presuming to speak for our all wise Dear Leader is an even more unfortunate habit than any you are concerned I might have passed along to my children. If passed along that level of impudence could lead to execution(s) beyond my own, as a loyal citizen I have done my duty and reported it to Dear Leader's trusted advisor @fnordcircle. That said and in the interest of clarity, my long suffering spouse, the mother of the aforementioned children, is a redhead and as such my habits have never been allowed to be handed down to our offspring.

Last edited:
Here's another great story out there. Kind of comical too!

Tom Brady-Bill Belichick Dynasty Isn't Done Embarrassing Rest of NFL Just Yet

And I have to add this interesting take from it:

Let me take their Terminator line one step further.

Listen, and understand. That terminator Tom Brady is out there. It He can’t be bargained with. It He can’t be reasoned with. It He doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it he absolutley will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back