PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In normal cities you'd see something like this in local papers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’d be awesome. Call it the GOAT wing. One player per position. You get kicked out if someone surpasses you. We’d have BB, Brady, Gronk, and Vinatieri.

or just the "greatest NFL dynasty ever" wing...maybe depending on next 5 years the "greatest sports dynasty of all time" wing

the NFL would be stupid not to, this is the peak of excellence, the epitome, you want to keep visualizing it and push others to try and achieve it

or just the "greatest NFL dynasty ever" wing...maybe depending on next 5 years the "greatest sports dynasty of all time" wing

the NFL would be stupid not to, this is the peak of excellence, the epitome, you want to keep visualizing it and push others to try and achieve it

The NFL (owners) wants the Pats to disappear. They are an affront to everything the NFL wants which is parity and financial benefits from different teams making playoff pushes every year. In a different time I could see them being lauded, but in this day in age of parity...no chance.

Sally Jenkins...one of the few who had our back during Deflategate.

She is on my "good list"!

So "normal" cities have football columnists as good as Sally Jenkins? :) If only.

It's not just about having the Patriots' back, it's about being damned good at all of the aspects of her job: reportage, analysis, and pure writerly art. That's a rarity in any market.

Here's another great story out there. Kind of comical too!

Tom Brady-Bill Belichick Dynasty Isn't Done Embarrassing Rest of NFL Just Yet

And I have to add this interesting take from it:

From the story in the link...

The Patriots—portrayed so often in recent weeks as doers of pool aerobics and watchers of blood pressure—removed their bifocals and went 83 yards in 14 plays against a Chargers defense that smothered the Ravens a week ago.

Loved that. I can just see Brady trying to watch tape and screaming that the buttons on the damn remote are freaking invisible!

But seriously... go ahead, Mahomes, try being the first opposing QB who makes an "I've fallen and I can't get up" Brady joke. See what happens.

Or as Charlie Murphy would put it...

Sally Jenkins is the Jackie Mac of NFL writers

As a resident of Washington, DC, I have two things to say about this "normalcy" conversation.

1. The vast majority of us, including yours truly, have nothing to do with the federal government and avoid it, and its participants, whenever possible. We have amazing food, great music, terrible pro sports, and lots of interesting people - i.e. a normal city.

2. Those people who create the "abnormality" - the participants in the federal government - are entirely the responsibility of YOU PEOPLE. We residents of Washington, DC don't get a voice in who those participants are. YOU PEOPLE (who live everywhere else in the US) are the sole determinants of this. Thus if you believe these feds create an abnormality, please just look in the mirror.

While I merit correction if you in fact knew what I meant it does sort of make you 'that guy' but you are not alone...
RLE.jpg

I AM that guy, and YOU are dishonoring my beloved English language, but I don't take any OFFENSE, because I bet you were cheated, and the better part of you ran down your mama's backside and ended up a brown stain on a barely read Elements of Style...

….If passed along that level of impudence could lead to execution(s) beyond my own, as a loyal citizen I have done my duty and reported it to Dear Leader's trusted advisor @fnordcircle.

Well now you've done it, tell @fnordcircle and you might as well conference in James White on the whole damn thing. Eh well. I hope this has been inspiring. He'll need the fuel for KC.

Just one thing... who is Dear Leader? I sort of crashed this party.

Just one thing... who is Dear Leader? I sort of crashed this party.

See post 7 for your answer. You referenced both the sainted R. Lee (who was always prepared) and The Elements of Style (you failed to include 'The' btw) but you can't be bothered to read all the posts involved? (sigh). In the future if you could take the time to be properly informed, that would just be great. :rolleyes:

See post 7 for your answer. You referenced both the sainted R. Lee (who was always prepared) and The Elements of Style (you failed to include 'The' btw) but you can't be bothered to read all the posts involved? (sigh).

In the context of the R. Lee rant, the "The" would have been cumbersome. See his film on the limits of prescriptive grammar, Full Mental Jacket.

In the future if you could take the time to be properly informed, that would just be great. :rolleyes:

office-space.jpg

Long tall Sally is a gem. WHAT she writes and HOW she writes it.
Absolutely. She turned several beautiful phrases in that story. Here is just one of the gems that stood out:
This past week, when he was asked whether it ever gets tiresome preparing for high-stakes postseason games, Belichick just replied in that dead-leaves-tumbling-down-a-street voice: “Sorry to put you through it. Normal week for us.” Just another normal week of game-planning for an opponent’s weakness like a winter predator picking meat off a bone.
She certainly nailed the essence of BB game planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back