PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In an NFL turned upside down, the Colts are complaining about a lack of holding calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: In an NFL turned upside down, the Colts are complaining about a lack of holding c

crying_baby.jpg

Poor colts.....and their new stadium is really quiet because they forgot to hook up extra speakers? Boo hooo.....

Last edited:
Re: In an NFL turned upside down, the Colts are complaining about a lack of holding c

Well...there has to be some other explanation for their abyssmal start beyond Polian screwed up the roster when he populated it with double digit late round picks so he could overpay his increasingly oft injured stars including aging players like Harrison into oblivion...

Thing I love about OUR Bill (well, one of many) is he coaches his players to play to the rules as presently enforced rather than wasting time crying about things beyond their control. And it's not like that chewing gum and string OL fronting Peyton isn't benefitting from at least as many relaxed holding non-calls as they used to routinely be among the few to get away with consistently...

Talk about a team unable to deal with the facts of their own mediocrity. It is sad to see the Colts from Polian on down constantly making excuses for their poor performance rather than owning up to the fact they just aren't playing well.

I've got news for Freeney, if the refs aren't calling holding this year it effects every team in the league. I see plenty of defenses thriving despite of it. John Abraham has 7 sacks in Atlanta and James Harrison has 6.5 sacks in Pittsburgh. I am sure they are held as much as Freeney is. I definitely see Thomas and Vrabel getting held a lot when it isn't called.

Sorry, but I do have to agree with the refs on Freeney's complaint that they aren't going to call holding unless they feel the holding affected him from making the play. O-linemen hold on almost every play. If they are going to call holding on a RT when the offense runs the ball to the left, they are going to call holding 30 times a game.

When the Colts were all offense and no defense, they got away with a ton of holding. They never complained about it then. What comes around, goes around.

awwww, polian's not getting his way again. what a shame.

I think Polian is holding...firm grasp...both hands.

Shouldn't the Colts be excited about no holding calls? That gives Peyton more time to work doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back