OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is your preferred WR acquisition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m good with what we have, but could go for upgrading Parker by using his cap number on a WR.
Otherwise I’d rather upgrade other positions.

I've been saying since '21, they don't have a true Patriot-Slot WR like they've always had since Brown, Welker, Edelman, Amendola...
That's all we still need. Maybe they'll draft one (which means we won't have one this year)
Or, could try to get McKenzie or a hidden gem via trade during draft, or even at cutdowns.

Jeudy

We need a impact 1 I value the relationship Mac has with Jeudy and with my eye test can see with the right QB and offense he is a impact 1.
Curious regarding your eye test. How many Bronco games have you watched on all22 the last 3 years?

I’ve come to the conclusion that Bill is all set with the receiving corps. Anything major going forward would be a surprise to me. I definitely could see us drafting some WR’s or a TE in the draft for future contracts and what-not. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bill sees JJSS as the WR 1, and Gesicki as your primary slot. You’d have JJSS, KB, HH, and Gesicki on the field together quite a bit. Then you’d mix in DP and TT. That’s not toooo bad.

I've been saying since '21, they don't have a true Patriot-Slot WR like they've always had since Brown, Welker, Edelman, Amendola...
That's all we still need. Maybe they'll draft one (which means we won't have one this year)
Or, could try to get McKenzie or a hidden gem via trade during draft, or even at cutdowns.
I agree, a Cole Beasley type. Assuming Thornton develops, we've got him as the Devonta Smith/deep threat type, we've got the big contested catch guy in Parker, we've got JuJu and Bourne, and we've got two quality receiving TE's. We don't have the slot.

NKeal Harry... Just bought stock in Charmin... Would really like the New England region to collectively **** their pants all at once...

but honestly, wait til next year, make a run at Tee Higgins in FA

I’m good with what we have, but could go for upgrading Parker by using his cap number on a WR.
Is your Parker comment regarding only his contract or do you also feel Parker is not a good fit for whatever reason?

Is your Parker comment regarding only his contract or do you also feel Parker is not a good fit for whatever reason?
He’s ok, but for a 6mill cap hit, I think we could upgrade.

I want a double dip. Trade for Hopkins and then draft a WR in the first round. This would give them the offensive weapons they need to put up enough points to be competitive every week.

I want a double dip. Trade for Hopkins and then draft a WR in the first round. This would give them the offensive weapons they need to put up enough points to be competitive every week.
Hopkins and a 1st round WR…that would also make Thornton obsolete. What’s your opinion of him?

Love Higgens, like Jeudy, settle for Hyatt….

Im fine with them adding a draft pick. Flowers, Mims, or even a later round prospect.

Curious regarding your eye test. How many Bronco games have you watched on all22 the last 3 years?
Honestly less than 8 games.

But what I saw was very good separation, good route running and having the coordination to catch less than perfectly thrown balls.
As well as being able to make those toe tap catches a lot of receivers struggle with.
All the makings of a number 1 is there.

As far as Hyatt you either have Jaylen waddle who’s blowing past coverage at the next level or Philip Dorestt who was faster than everyone he faced in school but once coming to the NFL didn’t develop his tool box to go against defenders as athletic as him.

I’d take the safe bet in Jeudy.
Give our first if we got a third back.
Ideally we trade down to around 20 picking up another second rounder and trade a pick in the 20s vs 14.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back