PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imagine if Felger was the GM....

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After listening to Felger's animated rants today on 98.5 The Sports Hub today, I kept trying to imagine what the Patriots would be like with Felger as the GM. :oops: I guess the first problem is that he would wipe out the Cap space for the next 5 years or so and trade away all the draft picks for the foreseeable future. All so he could get some marquee QB, actually he would get 3-4 marquee QBs (good competition in camp, right?), some prima-donna, big name WRs and to heck with the other positions. LT? Naw, overrated. Center? Naw, why bother, etc.

Of course, in a year or two, the Patriots would have record setting dead money, for the next decade or so and would finish last in the NFL, get the first pick of the draft year after year, but it would not help since Felger traded away his first picks for the next 10 years.

Hi Mike, why the post? Ratings down with the season being over? Anyway, big fan!

I'd settle for imagining Felger with laryngitis. Preferably an infectious form he could pass on to Mazz.

sports radio has been a huge detriment to the Patriots fan base. Guys like Felger say things to kill long portions of time they are on air and illicit a reaction. No one should ever think a sports radio host would be a good gm. Good GMs need to be patient and smart, good sports radio hosts need to fill air time completely different skill set.

At least Fred admits he listens to Felger and acknowledges he's a pot-stirring, sports shock-jock. Hes entertainment and nothing more.

I work from home and travel on business. I don't listen or watch Felger at all but know his schpeal well.

As y'all know I'm on this board almost every day. Aside from articles this is where I get my Pats news and breaks up my workday.

I can pretty much tell when a poster has an original thought or is regurgitating Felger's crap. It's comical.

After listening to Felger's animated rants today on 98.5 The Sports Hub today, I kept trying to imagine what the Patriots would be like with Felger as the GM. :oops: I guess the first problem is that he would wipe out the Cap space for the next 5 years or so and trade away all the draft picks for the foreseeable future. All so he could get some marquee QB, actually he would get 3-4 marquee QBs (good competition in camp, right?), some prima-donna, big name WRs and to heck with the other positions. LT? Naw, overrated. Center? Naw, why bother, etc.

Of course, in a year or two, the Patriots would have record setting dead money, for the next decade or so and would finish last in the NFL, get the first pick of the draft year after year, but it would not help since Felger traded away his first picks for the next 10 years.

If he was GM, he'd behave pretty much like an NFL GM's do. He doesn't really believe the stuff he says.

I can pretty much tell when a poster has an original thought or is regurgitating Felger's crap. It's comical.

You don't have to listen to The Douche to see the results of his 'work' spewed out constantly here on the reg, it's in thread after thread. Hell, it's in a fair share of the thread titles. Squeaky and The Douche have done a hella job poisoning the wells of Pats Nation.

I can never forgive Felger for driving Randy Moss out of town....maybe I am reaching here, but Felger hated Moss and ragged on him constantly. Did this contribute to his exit? Not sure, but it seemed that way. I suspect that the real fans did not feel that way. I thought Moss was great....oh how we could use such a player now, but it does not seem to be possible given BB's blind spot for drafting WRs and his seeming reluctance to get a FA.

I just can't listen to that station, don't like Felger and Mazz is just over the top annoying. The other station I guess is trying to copy them with some new guy that is a bigger idiot than Felger so no more sports radio for me, too bad back in the day I use to listen every day.

At least Fred admits he listens to Felger and acknowledges he's a pot-stirring, sports shock-jock. Hes entertainment and nothing more.

I work from home and travel on business. I don't listen or watch Felger at all but know his schpeal well.

As y'all know I'm on this board almost every day. Aside from articles this is where I get my Pats news and breaks up my workday.

I agree that Felger is a cut above the other idiots that try to duplicate his schtick. He is an admitted contrarian who is negative when things are good and positive when things are bad. Adam Jones, stupid AH Jim Murray don't understand that and are just negative for the sake of being negative.

I don’t know about someone named Felgie, but whoever the real GM is just made a boneheaded move in letting our Mr Dependable WR go for modest money. Suspect move.

I agree that Felger is a cut above the other idiots that try to duplicate his schtick. He is an admitted contrarian who is negative when things are good and positive when things are bad. Adam Jones, stupid AH Jim Murray don't understand that and are just negative for the sake of being negative.
I've listened to Adam Jones a few times years ago while my kids had soccer practice. My god.

He make Felger look look like Pete Sheppard.

I think that Gresh and Fauria are the best for local football coverage, I know some guys hate Gresh, but I think he is very well spoken....and he is, to use his words, part of the Blubberhood, ha.

Felger is just so annoying and so wrong. As a GM he would make the worst meddling owners look like geniuses. Don't get me wrong, I love idiot, meddling owners who want to be GMs; we need those guys to make bad deals and bad picks. If all the GMs were as skillful as, say Ozzie Newsome, it would be very difficult to get ahead.

I think that Gresh and Fauria are the best for local football coverage, I know some guys hate Gresh, but I think he is very well spoken....and he is, to use his words, part of the Blubberhood, ha.

Felger is just so annoying and so wrong. As a GM he would make the worst meddling owners look like geniuses. Don't get me wrong, I love idiot, meddling owners who want to be GMs; we need those guys to make bad deals and bad picks. If all the GMs were as skillful as, say Ozzie Newsome, it would be very difficult to get ahead.
I don't mind Gresh either, he's not a negative contrarian like Felger and Adams, that's the only sports talk show I listen too now.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back