PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imagine if Felger was the GM....

Felcher's azz lives rent free on your lips...
Wonder if you hated him this much when he thought the patriots system would continue on without Brady and win 10 games a season regardless of who’s playing qb?

Wonder if you hated him this much when he thought the patriots system would continue on without Brady and win 10 games a season regardless of who’s playing qb?
you must be ******ed...I stated when I first started hating this azzole's guts. You must be one of these GenMoron "everyone gets a participation trophy and no booing...Gaa Gaa Goony!" little munts.

WEEI saw Felger and Mazz the contrarians being number one in the ratings for years, so they bring in their own contrarian, Adam Jones, doesn't seem like it's working to me but I don't check ratings, I also don't listen to either radio show, music for me when I'm in the car unless it's Midday.
Jones isn't even his real last name...hes' 100% total anti-NE, anti New England fan. A PUNK.and a MUNT whenever his schtick is questioned by listeners.

you must be ******ed...I stated when I first started hating this azzole's guts. You must be one of these GenMoron "everyone gets a participation trophy and no booing...Gaa Gaa Goony!" little munts.
Uh what? Bahahaha

Last edited:
After listening to Felger's animated rants today on 98.5 The Sports Hub today, I kept trying to imagine what the Patriots would be like with Felger as the GM. :oops: I guess the first problem is that he would wipe out the Cap space for the next 5 years or so and trade away all the draft picks for the foreseeable future. All so he could get some marquee QB, actually he would get 3-4 marquee QBs (good competition in camp, right?), some prima-donna, big name WRs and to heck with the other positions. LT? Naw, overrated. Center? Naw, why bother, etc.

Of course, in a year or two, the Patriots would have record setting dead money, for the next decade or so and would finish last in the NFL, get the first pick of the draft year after year, but it would not help since Felger traded away his first picks for the next 10 years.
For years here I was sure you were and are Felgah!

Uh..The Big Show? Dennis and Callahan? MIchael Holley? Eddie Andelman? Mikey Adams? Fred and Steve? Pete Shepard (Big Gaggootz).....BAHAHAHA indeed you stupid surrender monkey punk...every one of these shows and personalities and LOCAL New England personalities ruled the airwaves here..I remember dropping everything to listen to the "Whiner Line" at 5:50 and that great Bob Kraft imitator...but then this goddamned shyteating interloper contrarian weasled his way into a local job using the "contrarian schtick" and New England sports talk slowly morphed into "HATE THE PATRIOTS RADIO". How? By making SUCKERS out of you.

Uh..The Big Show? Dennis and Callahan? MIchael Holley? Eddie Andelman? Mikey Adams? Fred and Steve? Pete Shepard (Big Gaggootz).....BAHAHAHA indeed you stupid surrender monkey punk...every one of these shows and personalities and LOCAL New England personalities ruled the airwaves here..I remember dropping everything to listen to the "Whiner Line" at 5:50 and that great Bob Kraft imitator...but then this goddamned shyteating interloper contrarian weasled his way into a local job using the "contrarian schtick" and New England sports talk slowly morphed into "HATE THE PATRIOTS RADIO". How? By making SUCKERS out of you.

The Big Show was awesome; the best sports radio I have ever heard (although some Jim Rome takes are pretty good). The Whiner line on Big Show was incredible; I could not believe how good some of the callers were. WEEI must have been idiotic, moronic to cancel this show.

Nah, they won because they had better talent. EEI end of the aughts was unlistenable boomer dreck. None of their talent were particularly talented people, they were just well networked with no competition. When Sports Hub brought on legitimate talent from a major market rock station (which is where all the talent was 90's-00's) they dominated the 18-35. Largely because T&R, when on afternoons on BCN was legitimately as funny as South Park, brought the taste makers with them. EEI has been playing catch-up ever since. They aren't a competently run station which is why they will always be behind. People can talk all they want about Felger but he is without question the best sports broadcaster in the Boston market of his generation. And I am stoked he posts here. He is *excellent* at his job. There is no amount of boomer kvetching that can undo these simple facts.

heh...look at the "tough guy" stubble...what a joke. I'll tell you this...I swing and miss I STILL put this felching dweeb in intensive care...
Now, now, no threats of violence please. This is all supposed to fun, right? Felger may be an idiot, but his is our idiot. Like Cosell, he is fun to hate.

You people get too worked about football, which is just a game. There is a saying in academia: "Academic politics are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.” As they are in sports...

Nah, they won because they had better talent. EEI end of the aughts was unlistenable boomer dreck. None of their talent were particularly talented people, they were just well networked with no competition. When Sports Hub brought on legitimate talent from a major market rock station (which is where all the talent was 90's-00's) they dominated the 18-35. Largely because T&R, when on afternoons on BCN was legitimately as funny as South Park, brought the taste makers with them. EEI has been playing catch-up ever since. They aren't a competently run station which is why they will always be behind. People can talk all they want about Felger but he is without question the best sports broadcaster in the Boston market of his generation. And I am stoked he posts here. He is *excellent* at his job. There is no amount of boomer kvetching that can undo these simple facts.

A simple fact that can't be argued: Felger being "excellent at his job" does not mean he is an excellent sports broadcast journalist for New England sports fans -- someone they can get informed insight from and be entertained by. THAT is the elephant in the room gone AWOL.

Now, now, no threats of violence please. This is all supposed to fun, right? Felger may be an idiot, but his is our idiot. Like Cosell, he is fun to hate.

You people get too worked about football, which is just a game. There is a saying in academia: "Academic politics are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.” As they are in sports...
I think they get triggered because you're so damn handsome and lean tbh...

Felger also has the honor of presiding over the Worst Draft Coverage in the history of radio. Early on in his tenure, before the marketing weasels that run radio realized how popular the NFL draft is, Felger was on duty during Draft Day. He spend the whole program complaining about how pointless draft news was and giving zero insight into the draft itself; I was in awe that someone could be so out of touch with the fan base could be given the mike. The draft is what makes or breaks a team; it is one of the most important days of the year for NFL teams.

Felger still sucks at draft coverage...you can tell his heart is not in it.

What sunk WEEI for me was their obsession with the Red Sox and all things baseball. It is not the case now, but back in the day, it was ridiculous.

A simple fact that can't be argued: Felger being "excellent at his job" does not mean he is an excellent sports broadcast journalist for New England sports fans -- someone they can get informed insight from and be entertained by. THAT is the elephant in the room gone AWOL.
Freedom of information makes journalism redundant. Entertainment is what matters.

what sunk EEI is on display here in this thread...the utter hatred and disdain for anything "boomer"....imagine being so far up Felcher's posterior you can tell the board what he had for dinner....

That makes no sense. Journalism is what gives information essential context providing insight.

Only to the simple minded.
"SHUT UP BOOMER!!!!" :p
:p :p :p :p :p :p

what sunk EEI is on display here in this thread...the utter hatred and disdain for anything "boomer"....imagine being so far up Felcher's posterior you can tell the board what he had for dinner....
It's not hatred for boomers. I honestly feel bad for them. It was a beautiful time they enjoyed. But they are very poorly equipped to deal with the kind of savages they created. I don't think boomers are bad people. Naive, of course, but not bad. They lived in easy times. Their ineptitude is natural.

It's not hatred for boomers. I honestly feel bad for them. It was a beautiful time they enjoyed. But they are very poorly equipped to deal with the kind of savages they created. I don't think boomers are bad people. Naive, of course, but not bad. They lived in easy times. Their ineptitude is natural.

Boomers were raised in the easiest, most prosperous time in American/World history, and never miss an opportunity to pat themselves on the back for it

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back