PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm on Team Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 Stidham should have a lot more to work with the Brady did for much of the year. OL will likely be significantly better just with health and am assuming the the Pats WR/TE group will be better with a key addition or 2 and more experience. If Stidham can be 80% as effective as Brady but with better support/weapons the offense can hopefully be effective enough (2019 offense was top 10 in yards and points so while it was lousy by Pats standards it was still better than many teams in the league)

Lots of wishful thinking on Stidham. We'd probably be hearing the same stuff if Brady left in 2012 and Mallett was due to start.
Are you also accusing Belichick, a guy who saw Stidham practice every day, of wishful thinking?

Last edited:
Its very important that if stidham gets the nod, he realizes that he doesn't have to be Tom Brady, he just needs to be Jarrett stidham.

If he's as good (Or better) than Jimmy G, than the Pats have found a legit franchise QB. But the way he handled pressure (In College) has me concerned. How does a QB overcome that? Ironically enough, one of Jimmy G's biggest flaws is he melts under pressure.

Not sure if it's been posted:

BB always does what's best for the team, if he thought TB would be better the next couple of years he would have paid him, I guess we have to trust BB and get on team Stidham until proven otherwise.

If he's as good (Or better) than Jimmy G, than the Pats have found a legit franchise QB. But the way he handled pressure (In College) has me concerned. How does a QB overcome that? Ironically enough, one of Jimmy G's biggest flaws is he melts under pressure.

And Jimmy did melt in the fourth quarter of the superbowl

I can tell he has a stronger arm than Brady does. Hopefully, he has the accuracy and decision making as well.

Unfortunately accuracy and decision making are more important in a champion QB

And Jimmy did melt in the fourth quarter of the superbowl

Maybe he will overcome it. But not being able to handle pressure would be enough for most teams to look elsewhere at QB.

And Jimmy G's 4th quarter SB performance only made BB look even better. We don't have 6 SB's if Brady was let go in 2017.

2020 Stidham should have a lot more to work with the Brady did for much of the year. OL will likely be significantly better just with health and am assuming the the Pats WR/TE group will be better with a key addition or 2 and more experience. If Stidham can be 80% as effective as Brady but with better support/weapons the offense can hopefully be effective enough (2019 offense was top 10 in yards and points so while it was lousy by Pats standards it was still better than many teams in the league)
I like your enthusiasm but I will temper my hopes until I see the pieces in place at tight end and wide receiver. Also, the offensive line will take a big hit if Thuney is traded before or
during the draft.
The defense that carried the Patriots last year has lost Collins, VanNoy, Roberts, and Shelton. As a result, Stidham may have to produce more points than last year.
The Patriots may have to rely more on draftees this year. Normally, they are given
a year or two to mature.

I like your enthusiasm but I will temper my hopes until I see the pieces in place at tight end and wide receiver. Also, the offensive line will take a big hit if Thuney is traded before or
during the draft.
The defense that carried the Patriots last year has lost Collins, VanNoy, Roberts, and Shelton. As a result, Stidham may have to produce more points than last year.
The Patriots may have to rely more on draftees this year. Normally, they are given
a year or two to mature.

The defense will be fine. Yes, we will add 3-4 more front seven players.

Go Steadman

upload_2020-4-11_13-11-32.gif

Does he possess Cat like quickness?

The last 3 backup qb’s first name all started with a “J” (hoyers 3rd string :p) and would be 4 if we get Jordan? :confused:

Are we sure that Stidham is going to be the QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back