PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks PFnV, yeah I'm going to work more on my music during the offseason instead of tracking every Patriots move for the six or whatever months off. Going to see how I feel about everything come next August.

Hey, BF80, ya know what they say about the time when the greatest art is created?

Do your best work while the feeling lingers and then be back for the draft and the reloading of the dynasty.

Hey, BF80, ya know what they say about the time when the greatest art is created?

Do your best work while the feeling lingers and then be back for the draft and the reloading of the dynasty.

That's what I'm thinkin'.

I'll still check in here through the offseason. But I need a break from the 'everyday' pats obsession I've had for years now.

Thanks Shmessy.

Glad to see you cooled off, Bf80. I know how easy it is to get caught up in the moment. Fortunately for me, my home computer pi$$es me off so much that I refuse to use it. I've got to wait until the next morning at work to do any posting. That's saved me many a-time!

Yeah, I was 'end of the world'ing last night. I'm better today.

I shoulda just waited to post, but I was drunk and there was the computer, soooo...

:)

Crikey mate, it's only a friggin game go out and find a life, football is just a side diversion from reality. You think anybody in the entire NFL cares what you are or think? F no.

Last edited:
Crikey mate, it's only a friggin game go out and find a life football is just a side diversion from the real things in life. You think anybody in the entire NFL cares what you are or think? F no.

I have a life, thank you. ;) Nice way to judge someone based only on a drunken rant. There is a line that's already been stated in this thread for just this sort of response:

Shove it.

Crikey mate, it's only a friggin game go out and find a life, football is just a side diversion from reality. You think anybody in the entire NFL cares what you are or think? F no.

Chill, guy. It's an emotional thing. When you put so much time and energy into something, it is always a huge let down to have your team fail in the end.

The morning after: Sorry about the crapstorm. I had way too much to drink.

I'll be around.

Worst post of the year? I've seen worse, but hey, it's only January! That post was what I needed as an outlet last night, and yeah it was a knee jerk emotional reaction, but that's what too much drinking will do to you when your favorite team allows 32 second half points to a team that you utterly detest. Ah well.

No your saying what you feel, you should not have to be sorry, I feel the same way .. Put alot of energy into this team , and for the finality to hit its hard.. I didnt drink like I did last yr ,but had to work also... Its a tough day for all die hard pats fans, but we stand together and get through the next 3 months till the draft..

Call me fair weather call me whatever you will. F*ck you. I'm tired of putting quite the energy into this team that I do. I realize now that my time could have probably been better spent. I'm also an aspiring musician that has put my music completely on hold every ****ing football season, and I'm tired of it.

I'm probably going to get into a huge fight with all the **** talking Dolphins fans at my work tomorrow. Might get fired. Whatever, I don't care.

I'm so upset right now I just wish I could die.

I'm taking a break from this board, patsfans, and from the Patriots in general... until I figure out how to make a loss feel like no big deal then I have no room to ever root for a sports team again.

I swear. I feel like murder.
I feel like death to someone is the only answer. And that's not healthy.

**** you Chargers fans that'll get a kick out of this, you don't know what it feels like since you've never been in this position.

We're all human, we all deserve to feel right, and I don't feel right and that's not healthy. I don't feel healthy. Too much of my life rides on the Patriots.

I'd post this on patsfans to but it's been hacked or whatever again (errors out the ass). Whatever. I need to get my head right and now is not the time.

Brown

I felt very similiar emotions last night....I couldn't even talk to anyone ...just had to sit there in shock and anger......but then I gradually started to think of what an amazing year the Pats had despite having a patchwork secondary , tons of f*'ng injuries and a poor overall WR corps.........We had a hell of a year and yes, although I hate to taste it, WE are going to lose sometimes. We ran out of gas last night and couldn't hold on. But guess what....We have won 3 SB's in 6 years.....not one, not two, but friggin THREE!!!!

Think of what it is like to be a cardinal fan right now, or a Cleveland fan, or even a doofin or Jest fan.........and on and on...that haven't won a SB (if ever) in how long???? We are truly blessed and lucky to have had the opportunity to have won not just one SB ...but 3.....maybe we are spoiled.....

Calm down if you can man.....I appreciate your input here.......deep breaths and maybe a few more keystone's!

No your saying what you feel, you should not have to be sorry, I feel the same way .. Put alot of energy into this team , and for the finality to hit its hard.. I didnt drink like I did last yr ,but had to work also... Its a tough day for all die hard pats fans, but we stand together and get through the next 3 months till the draft..

Thanks Sean, tried to PM you back but it says you don't accept PMs.

"Thanks Sean. I was a little over the top with the post (murder, etc) lol.. but that's what I felt at the time. If people want to judge me off that one post, well then they can shove it, like I said in the thread.

I hope it's a good offseason for all the Patriots fans as well as the team. I want to come back into football season in 2007 feeling refreshed. I feel spent right now.

Good luck and thanks!"

Brown

I felt very similiar emotions last night....I couldn't even talk to anyone ...just had to sit there in shock and anger......but then I gradually started to think of what an amazing year the Pats had despite having a patchwork secondary , tons of f*'ng injuries and a poor overall WR corps.........We had a hell of a year and yes, although I hate to taste it, WE are going to lose sometimes. We ran out of gas last night and couldn't hold on. But guess what....We have won 3 SB's in 6 years.....not one, not two, but friggin THREE!!!!

Think of what it is like to be a cardinal fan right now, or a Cleveland fan, or even a doofin or Jest fan.........and on and on...that haven't won a SB (if ever) in how long???? We are truly blessed and lucky to have had the opportunity to have won not just one SB ...but 3.....maybe we are spoiled.....

Calm down if you can man.....I appreciate your input here.......deep breaths and maybe a few more keystone's!

Yeah, the original post was a drunken reaction right after the game. I was not in a good place and probably should've waited to post until I was sober and not so upset.

Thank you for the words of encouragement and perspective. They are appreciated. :)

Call me fair weather call me whatever you will. F*ck you. I'm tired of putting quite the energy into this team that I do. I realize now that my time could have probably been better spent. I'm also an aspiring musician that has put my music completely on hold every ****ing football season, and I'm tired of it.

I'm probably going to get into a huge fight with all the **** talking Dolphins fans at my work tomorrow. Might get fired. Whatever, I don't care.

I'm so upset right now I just wish I could die.

I'm taking a break from this board, patsfans, and from the Patriots in general... until I figure out how to make a loss feel like no big deal then I have no room to ever root for a sports team again.

I swear. I feel like murder.
I feel like death to someone is the only answer. And that's not healthy.

**** you Chargers fans that'll get a kick out of this, you don't know what it feels like since you've never been in this position.

We're all human, we all deserve to feel right, and I don't feel right and that's not healthy. I don't feel healthy. Too much of my life rides on the Patriots.

I'd post this on patsfans to but it's been hacked or whatever again (errors out the ass). Whatever. I need to get my head right and now is not the time.

"and you scarcrow, I think I'll miss you most of all "

Last edited:
I'm made of straw? Or I wear a little blue mades dress and pigtails? :confused:

don't you remember the goodbye scene from The Wizard of OZ when Dorothy was saying goodbye to everyone ? YOUR DOROTHY, (unless you stay in which case we may make you the wizard.) Hey man we're all feeling lousy today. Not to drag you back in but I've already been looking at the 2007 opponenets, come on man start drinking the Kool aid again. :)

I understand your pain. Sundays from Spetember thru January is a heck of alot of time invested in the season. Money spent on the NFL ticket, a season ticket share, airfare and the occasional foray to the sports bar for me.

Sometimes I regret losing this time. Think of all the other activities I have missed out on over the years. Skiing trips, road trips, errands, work around the house, hitting the office to get caught up for a few hours. I could be much more productive in other facets of my life.

When the Pats lose in this fashion it was devestating. I don't remember ever feeling like I wanted to vomit after a loss before last night.

I wish I didn't take "just a game" so seriously, but I do. Maybe I need another "hobby" maybe I need "help".

My 2-cents.

Last edited:
don't you remember the goodbye scene from The Wizard of OZ when Dorothy was saying goodbye to everyone ? YOUR DOROTHY, (unless you stay in which case we may make you the wizard.) Hey man we're all feeling lousy today. Not to drag you back in but I've already been looking at the 2007 opponenets, come on man start drinking the Kool aid again. :)

Well at least I get fancy shoes. :)

Yeah, that original post was just last nights drunken depression/rage rolled into a post. It's not a lingering thing today, though my hangover is.

I understand your pain. Sundays from Spetember thru January is a heck of alot of time invested in the season. Money spent on the NFL ticket, a season ticket share, airfare and the occasional foray to the sports bar for me.

Yeah... I usually just watch at the sportsbar, but you figure between me and the Fiance and all the beers it's a ton of money every week, plus the gas from the drive both ways. It's just a ton of time, energy, and money.

Sometimes I regret losing this time. Think of all the other activities I have missed out on over the years. Skiing trips, road trips, errands, work around the house, hitting the office to get caught up for a few hours. I could be much more productive in other facets of my life.

That's what I'm left feeling as well, but then I wonder how much time I'd get back if I JUST watched on Sunday.. and DIDN'T spend all week during football season watching ESPN or posting on Patsfans.. All the other time that comes with watching football is what drains my weeks away, not really the 3 hrs on Sunday.

When the Pats lose in this fashion it was devestating. I don't remember ever feeling like I wanted to vomit after a loss before last night.

I couldn't even watch the post game stuff. I turned off the TV as soon as the Colts DB layed on the turf and pointed at the ceiling. I took a walk down the street to let my boil turn to a simmer, but it didn't help much. I felt ill.

I wish I didn't take "just a game" so seriously, but I do. Maybe I need another "hobby" maybe I need "help".

My 2-cents.

The thing is I have another Hobby, several. I'm a photographer and an artist and a musician, but I always find myself coming back to my Patriots obsession. It seems to take a firm grip on the front seat and I'm wishing now that sometimes I could put it a little further back. I'm going to try and take this offseason to get back into the other things that I find good in my life and see if I can't get something productive done with those.

Thanks for your two cents.

Good luck with your own battle with this addictive hobby.

Not going to bash this guy because I've been there before. It was hard for me to get any sleep last night. I'm at work and a bit grouchy. This loss stings and it will always sting no matter how many more Super Bowls they go to because this one will be one that got away. But it is about perspective. You can't expect the Patriots to get it done every year. It's just not possible. All you can do as a fan is hope for the best.

I will say this though, upon reflection is seems like sports hasn't been as enjoyable to me because of how intense the discussions get among rival fans on the Internet. Sports isn't as enjoyable when I have genuine animosity toward so many other fans just because they hate my team. And it makes losses like these hurt that much more. With that said, there is nothing you can do but move forward. I'm proud of the Patriots and to be a Patriots fan, and nothing will change that. I loved this team when they were the laughing stock of the league, and I love them now. Only thing is sometimes I wish I weren't so emotionally invested into sports, because I set myself up for severe disappointment that way.

But enough about me. Brownfan80, I think like many of us here you wear your heart on your sleeve and this loss is really effecting you. We know how you feel. It's not easy. However, you have no control over the outcome. So don't beat yourself up over it. I think you should use the time you have now to reflect on what's important to you. Do what's in your best interest. Next time football season arises, if your heart is no longer into it, then don't bother, focus only on your music and what makes you happy. If the time comes and you find yourself wanting to root for the Patriots again, then just remember that the frustration of losing applies to all of us and we all await a fresh start. You have to be open to the possibility that you may never see the Patriots win another Super Bowl in your lifetime. With the organization we have in place, there's a good chance that will be wrong and that there will indeed be another Super Bowl championship in the future, but anything is possible.

Just try to focus on what's important to you, and remember that we're all in this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST