PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm currently arguing Spygate w/Kurt Warner on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner is just like everyone else. They bring up that the Pats were penalized, and therefore this was a big deal, but then they say the league destroyed the tapes and pull out the conspiracy theory card. So, which is it? Is the league the watchdog who rightfully punished the Patriots and handed them a just penalty, or is the league a sham that covers things up for the sake of its existence? These guys love to contradict themselves insofar as it helps them to revile the Patriots.

They constantly point out that the Pats were fined a first round pick and cash, but then they say the "no competitive advantage" finding is just the league trying to cover everything up. Everything that works against their argument is a conspiracy. Everything that works in their favor is proof that there is objective evidence of cheating.

I would have more respect for someone if they just stayed consistent. Either the league's investigation is not credible, and therefore nothing is relevant, including the fine and loss of draft pick, or the investigation is credible, so therefore we must accept that no competitive advantage was found.

Last edited:
Roger violated Rico? You mean, Rico Suave? :eek: Does Mrs. Goodell know about this?

Poor Uncle Rico ... I never knew that Goodell was such a monster.

It can still be discussed, here. Its' not closed. We have moved many ******* threads here and that is where they belong.

If people want to continue to :spygate: that's fine, it can be done here. I don't think it's "harse" to be consistent.

The factor transcending "yet another rehashing of cameragate" is a member engaging Kurt Warner in a series of direct exchanges. To me, that's significant enough for the main forum.

Ok, I'll move it back to the main forum so it's not viewed as being harsh or heavy handed.
Perhaps Kurt can answer how "taping" effected his holding the ball out like a Pop Warner kid, so it could be stripped. Only the holding call saved his ass from T-buck's TD off that play.

Warner is just like everyone else. They bring up that the Pats were penalized, and therefore this was a big deal, but then they say the league destroyed the tapes and pull out the conspiracy theory card. So, which is it? Is the league the watchdog who rightfully punished the Patriots and handed them a just penalty, or is the league a sham that covers things up for the sake of its existence? These guys love to contradict themselves insofar as it helps them to revile the Patriots.

They constantly point out that the Pats were fined a first round pick and cash, but then they say the "no competitive advantage" finding is just the league trying to cover everything up. Everything that works against their argument is a conspiracy. Everything that works in their favor is proof that there is objective evidence of cheating.

I would have more respect for someone if they just stayed consistent. Either the league's investigation is not credible, and therefore nothing is relevant, including the fine and loss of draft pick, or the investigation is credible, so therefore we must accept that no competitive advantage was found.

Even Bruschi has done this, unfortunately.

Asked, then, why the Patriots conducted the taping, he (Belichick) responded by saying: "Why do anything? Why study tendencies? Why study stances?"

That pretty much sums it up to me. One of the most annoying arguments in all of this is the idea that Belichick wouldn't have engaged in this type of taping if it didn't offer some huge advantage. Do the people who think this have no idea what kind of person/coach he is? If there's a practice that's within the rules (which he thought this was) that gives the Patriots a .005% better chance of winning, then someone's probably assigned to do it.

Last edited:
I don't think that would be the right tack:

1) Bringing up someone's religious beliefs in an argument about something else entirely=not cool, IMO. He's actually toned it down quite a bit over the years, and for that I give him much credit.

2) To bring up forgiveness would be to imply the Pats did something so major that it requires forgiveness. And Fixit's main point is the Pats didn't do anything major or worse than happens from every team on a regular basis, and certainly no where near as bad as the things that Warner and other members of the media accuse them of.

The point being.

Kurt.

Stop being such a judgemental pr**k and practice what you preach.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll move it back to the main forum so it's not viewed as being harsh or heavy handed.
Perhaps Kurt can answer how "taping" effected his holding the ball out like a Pop Warner kid, so it could be stripped. Only the holding call saved his ass from T-buck's TD off that play.

I also believe it is a :deadhorse: but, given a current member was in a twitter discussion, it does become relevant to current Pats discussions IMO.

It does frustrate me when hearing how much the media talking heads know so little facts on this issue.

The point being.

Kurt.

Stop being such a judgemental pr**k and practice what you preach.

There's so much wrong with your two posts that it would take a catechism to explain it. Suffice to say, forgiveness is not an issue here, and judgmental does not apply the way you seem to think it does.

Meh... I still like Kurt Warner.

If the Giants got caught doing something trivial then I'd probably cling to that narrative too.

There's so much wrong with your two posts that it would take a catechism to explain it. Suffice to say, forgiveness is not an issue here, and judgmental does not apply the way you seem to think it does.

Yes, he can judge all he wants or forgive, or not, as he wants.

I just want him to not state untrue things and assert them as "facts"

I have corrected I don't know how many people on the same point for saying the Patriots "taped practices". Then they act as if I had never heard of spygate, since they are seemingly not being capable of separating the made-up Tomase "liegate" crap from the filming on the sidelines issue.

Nice job. As a fan of an opposing team I'd love to bust the Pats' balls for the video stuff, but I simply can't. Working to gain a competitive advantage and gamesmanship is as old as competition itself. I'm just grumpy my team didn't think of it first.

i care because the media and former nfl players keep referring to spysh!t events as fact when they in fact never happened. i dont think anybody should ever let anybody misrepresent the facts without being challenged.

thats so cute

no offense

Nice job. As a fan of an opposing team I'd love to bust the Pats' balls for the video stuff, but I simply can't. Working to gain a competitive advantage and gamesmanship is as old as competition itself. I'm just grumpy my team didn't think of it first.

They probably did
Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.
BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » Jimmy Johnson thinks Spygate is overblown

I think there's about 100 people total in the entire world who will agree with Warner that 'spygate' is worse than what is happening with the Saints and their bounty program.

50 of them live in St.Louis, and 50 of them live in New Jersey.

Having just engaged in a debate about this topic on a national forum, I was surprised how many people still believe that the Patriots taped the Rams walk through and even more surprised at how many believe that what the Patriots did was more than just taped from the wrong place. A large majority believe that the Patriots taped signals and used them in the same game. It's way, way more than 100 people. It's more like hundreds of thousands of people.

It's sad really, how the media has poisoned the world about the whole thing.

BTW, I never once used "Spygate" or "cheat" because I think both of these terms, manufactured by the media, do not accurately describe what happened and only serve to slander the Patriots.

Having just engaged in a debate about this topic on a national forum, I was surprised how many people still believe that the Patriots taped the Rams walk through and even more surprised at how many believe that what the Patriots did was more than just taped from the wrong place. A large majority believe that the Patriots taped signals and used them in the same game. It's way, way more than 100 people. It's more like hundreds of thousands of people.

It's sad really, how the media has poisoned the world about the whole thing.

BTW, I never once used "Spygate" or "cheat" because I think both of these terms, manufactured by the media, do not accurately describe what happened and only serve to slander the Patriots.

That's pretty much been my observation as well for some time now, still to this day.

I do wonder whether or not some of that is due to fans who post on message boards being somewhat extremist in their sports fandom. Just like you wouldn't think of a typical caller to a sports talk radio program being representative of the average fan, do people who post on message boards and comment sections represent the average fan? I am guessing probably not; they likely are far more extreme homers/haters.

On the other hand the average fan (or at least the casual fan) spent much less time looking into the event. As a result, rather than formulating an independent opinion their opinion was shaped primarily by the opinions of others - whether that be media or other fans. Net result is that there is a large possibility that they too believe the same mistruths to be facts, and anybody that does not is a delusional homer; after all, Kurt Warner or (fill in the blank) said so, so it must be true.

Wow, that's pretty much uncalled for.

Are you always such a prick?

What's wrong with thinking it's cute to e-knight for a football team over something that happened 5 years ago?

Is there another word that describes such childish idealism?

What's wrong with thinking it's cute to e-knight for a football team over something that happened 5 years ago?

Is there another word that describes such childish idealism?

I'm sorry for disappointing you. It was a lot of fun, though, so nyahnyah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back