PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB Adam Seward [merged - old 2008 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ILB Adam Seward [merged]

I have a Vrabel tree in my backyard. It produces fabulous Vrabels. We often have them for dinner.

Well after you have them for dinner and you go to the bathroom and sh!t one out,how about taking that 'specimen' down to the field at Gillette,bury it under the field and let it grow till its about 6'2 and 250lbs or so ;)

Well after you have them for dinner and you go to the bathroom and sh!t one out,how about taking that 'specimen' down to the field at Gillette,bury it under the field and let it grow till its about 6'2 and 250lbs or so ;)

Already have. It takes time you know.

As you analyze this thread's staying power, don't forget the influence of us frustrated draftniks who hope that the Pats will sign Seward just to make all those hours of our life wasted making mocks for the 2005 draft seem worthwhile. We are a neglected voting bloc, Mr. Pioli! Hear our voice! (BTW, while you're scouting Lito Shepard it's not too late to swing a trade for Stewart Bradley! Oh, nevermind. Back to my pathetic little draft cave.)

Three methods of getting under 30 LBs to learn our system.

Free agency. The draft. Cloning (I imagine it's being worked on).

Three methods of getting under 30 LBs to learn our system.

Free agency. The draft. Cloning (I imagine it's being worked on).

Cloning hmmm

3 Seymours on the line

Two Vrabels on the outside
Two Bruschi's on the inside (lets get his blood from pre04 for this clone)

Two Rodneys at Safety
4 Hobbs at CB (sorry guys cant afford 4 Laws or 4 Asantes)

2 Bradys (why not have a back up)
3 Mosses (not to be confused with Moses)
2 Welkers
3 Watsons
1 faulk
1 Maroney
1 04 Dillon
Clone Armstrong for LT, 2 Hannahs,

and we will use Light at right and Koppen at center (no clones neccessary.)

we Clone Belichick like 3 times (gotta fill the coordinators spots)

Ohh Yeah and we clone like 10 Adam Sewards for special teams

Last edited:

I don't think this deal will happen: April 18 is the deadline for teams to sign restricted free agents. Patriots thinking must be that draft is too deep and a player of comparable skills at this position or any other can be had with a much more favorable contract.

I don't think this deal will happen: April 18 is the deadline for teams to sign restricted free agents. Patriots thinking must be that draft is too deep and a player of comparable skills at this position or any other can be had with a much more favorable contract.
yes ive been saying that for weeks why dont we let this die its old and boring if you ask me so such attention on a non impact player its silly

According to this report from a Carolina paper, the Pats are still considering signing him to an offer sheet.

Rock Hill Herald said:
CLOCK TICKING: New England signed free agent linebacker Victor Hobson last week, but the Patriots are still believed to have interest in Panthers restricted free agent Adam Seward. He visited New England last month, but didn't get an immediate offer.

The deadline for RFA offers is Friday, and teams have until the 25th (the day before the draft) to match.

The Panthers would receive New England's fifth-round pick, the 164th overall, as compensation if they didn't match. That's no sure thing, since they have some viable emergency candidates, but no true backup to middle linebacker Jon Beason on the current roster.

According to this report from a Carolina paper, the Pats are still considering signing him to an offer sheet.

I think something would have happened by now. But with this team, who knows. They have reasons to do things differently each year.

Typically they address weaknesses in a position in FA before the draft. Adding this guy might be part of the plan. Might not.

Hey, been a while since I've seen this near the top.

Hell yeah, this thread is eternal.

deadline is friday, eh?

Without much of anything to add to the conversation, since I'm embarrassed to say that I know nothing of this Seward guy, I find it kind of ridiculous and funny that there is a 500+ post thread dedicated to him on this forum. Hopefully he does sign with the Pats and, uh, justify all the attention!

Cloning hmmm

3 Seymours on the line

Two Vrabels on the outside
Two Bruschi's on the inside (lets get his blood from pre04 for this clone)

Two Rodneys at Safety
4 Hobbs at CB (sorry guys cant afford 4 Laws or 4 Asantes)

2 Bradys (why not have a back up)
3 Mosses (not to be confused with Moses)
2 Welkers
3 Watsons
1 faulk
1 Maroney
1 04 Dillon
Clone Armstrong for LT, 2 Hannahs,

and we will use Light at right and Koppen at center (no clones neccessary.)

we Clone Belichick like 3 times (gotta fill the coordinators spots)

Ohh Yeah and we clone like 10 Adam Sewards for special teams

That's funny. Three BBs on the same staff. I'll bet things would run pretty efficiently.

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=554

"NO WORD ON SEWARD: Still no word on whether or not the New England Patriots will sign restricted free agent linebacker Adam Seward to an offer sheet. If they do, and the Panthers don’t match it, they would add another fifth-round draft pick to their ever-increasing stockpile of picks.

They already have 10 picks.

If the Patriots sign Seward, the Panthers would have until April 25 to match the offer.

My guess is if the Patriots make Seward an offer, the Panthers will take the draft pick and run. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what Seward did to turn heads in New England."

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=554

"NO WORD ON SEWARD: Still no word on whether or not the New England Patriots will sign restricted free agent linebacker Adam Seward to an offer sheet. If they do, and the Panthers don’t match it, they would add another fifth-round draft pick to their ever-increasing stockpile of picks.

They already have 10 picks.

If the Patriots sign Seward, the Panthers would have until April 25 to match the offer.

My guess is if the Patriots make Seward an offer, the Panthers will take the draft pick and run. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what Seward did to turn heads in New England."

I think the answer is something like this. When you are bargain shopping, you take your time. you check all the bargain racks, check the seams, look for loose buttons, etc.

I think the Pats are looking at a lot of LBs assuming they will have to put a lot of time into training them and not wanting to waste that time.

Remember all the reports of how smart Beisel was and how he was picking up the system etc. What they didn't notice is he was a *****.

All the time they spent with him seemed to set them back. For some reason, they won't just pick up LBs and see who sticks.

That's their approach and maybe all that time evaluating backups and players with injury setbacks (seward) is the difference between spending a couple years training a Vrabel instead of wasting time training Beisel.

I would assume they have their eyes on some other guys we've never heard of too.

Last edited:

Can't say poosy?:D

Jeez, 54 pages dedicated to an injury prone linebacker who we haven't even signed yet? Slow offseason much?

I think the answer is something like this. When you are bargain shopping, you take your time. you check all the bargain racks, check the seams, look for loose buttons, etc.

I think the Pats are looking at a lot of LBs assuming they will have to put a lot of time into training them and not wanting to waste that time.

Remember all the reports of how smart Beisel was and how he was picking up the system etc. What they didn't notice is he was a *****.

All the time they spent with him seemed to set them back. For some reason, they won't just pick up LBs and see who sticks.

That's their approach and maybe all that time evaluating backups and players with injury setbacks (seward) is the difference between spending a couple years training a Vrabel instead of wasting time training Beisel.

I would assume they have their eyes on some other guys we've never heard of too.

Seward is basically an ST guy for a 5th. You can pick up Carpenter for a third who is bigger and faster. He also plays great ST if nothing else. He could start here pretty soon IMO. He is still in the mix for LB in Dallas but is not down one more step as they signed Zach Thomas.
I'd grab him first. Seward is a fall back to Carpenter. I think Al Wilson just turned down a minimum of $663k from the Browns. He wants more than minimum. Would you pay Wilson $1mm and can the Seward experiment? What do you people think of Carpenter or Wilson as better choices?
DW Toys

Mods, Please close this thread as there is NO reason for it.

Mods, Please close this thread as there is NO reason for it.

You think maybe we could wait until, you know, the deadline? After all, he did actually come to Foxboro (heck, Mike Reiss just said last Tuesday that he thinks they'll make an offer. . . .).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe