PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you're jonesing for Pats/Eagles football, here's a fix until Sunday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats punting with :58. Pats down it on the 4.
Think I just heard some snowflakes crying- oh boohoo McNabb is awesome he'll drive 96 yds

Andy Reid's patented timed with a calendar hurry-up offense coming at ya

Great seeing BB and his dad getting Gatorade bath together!

Ok I'm done.
Yo Tony2046, start the post game thread for me I f you don't mind. I gotta hit the sack.

Andy Reid's patented timed with a calendar hurry-up offense coming at ya

Yeah that was bizarre. Especially in contrast to the Pats state of the art dont waste any time hurry up.
That's what really cost the Seahawks that SB- BB psyching out Carroll to waste 20+ seconds so he really couldn't afford to run it. Seattle should have had time for 2 plays. We're lucky sobs. We've seen unmatched greatness for 20 years.

Yeah that was bizarre. Especially in contrast to the Pats state of the art dont waste any time hurry up.
That's what really cost the Seahawks that SB- BB psyching out Carroll to waste 20+ seconds so he really couldn't afford to run it. Seattle should have had time for 2 plays. We're lucky sobs. We've seen unmatched greatness for 20 years.

Week after week, year after year but particularly during the bye week and on TNF we as Pats fans see things that just make us shake our heads at the sheer ineptitude that permeates the NFL coaching ranks. We've been watching it being done so well for so long that it's actually rubbed off on us to the point where we resent having stupid football foisted on us.

giphy.gif

"You make your own luck!!"

Rodney!!!! Picks with 9:seconds!!!
Dynasty!!!!

I watched it tonight as well... it was like going to a 15-year reunion. Forgot that it was always pretty close... but it’s a game they always seemed to have in hand.

And, dude, I read all your posts. Awesome! If only all the game threads were like this. :)

Week after week, year after year but particularly during the bye week and on TNF we as Pats fans see things that just make us shake our heads at the sheer ineptitude that permeates the NFL coaching ranks. We've been watching it being done so well for so long that it's actually rubbed off on us to the point where we resent having stupid football foisted on us.
Yeah, you wonder, "Why doesn't everybody do this?"

Because it's hard. It's not "sexy". And even so, Bill made boo-boos but didn't stop and kept going, working, trying, striving to improve.

I'm happy for all the opportunity and experience that Tuna provided for Bill Belichick, but Chuck Fairbanks is our second best coach. He was brilliant, and no bluster.

My lasting visual memory of that game was...

hqdefault.jpg
Can't remember if I read it in Holley's book but supposedly Pats were up 10 late and Eagles were slow going it and Belichick called upstairs to Ernie or someone and asked, "we're up 10 right?" because he couldn't believe the Eagles hurry up offense was burning clock as if they needed only one score to win and not leave the Pats any time..

Can't remember if I read it in Holley's book but supposedly Pats were up 10 late and Eagles were slow going it and Belichick called upstairs to Ernie or someone and asked, "we're up 10 right?" because he couldn't believe the Eagles hurry up offense was burning clock as if they needed only one score to win and not leave the Pats any time..

It was in Halberstam's 'The Education of a Coach' as well, that's a great read if you haven't already btw. Those two and Charles Pierce's 'Moving The Chains' are my faves about the 1st half of this run.

If Bill could hear it from Ernie, he'd believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes