PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could play any position in the NFL?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halfback - they have to be good at everything, from blocking to catching to (of course) running. My next position would be defensive end (my actual position during high school) - getting the sack is an excellent feeling.

Last edited:
I'd play LB -- inside or out. I like the idea of operating in space and coming up to make a hit.

Played a little wing forward (rugby), which I thought of as something like a LB.

sieglo said:
Cheerleader coach!

Might be a bit demanding, but I wouldn't mind being wardrobe assistant ... ;)

We're doing well here. Have most of a squad. Just a bit short of offensive linemen.

edzo44 said:
Outside Linebacker. Feel Great when you get a good hit and stop on a back trying to get past you, feel even better when you get to blitz and sack the QB. Best feeling is when you anticipate the short pass and are quick enough to pick it off. The collective horrified gasp from the opponents fans is music to your ears.
OLB, there it is.
you are responsible for hitting a lot of people, and you're expected to fill in on plays between the tackles.
you have to blow up sweeps and not get suckered by QB roll-outs, and protect your knees.
you're responsible for torturing the OT on your side.
but you play in space a lot, and you don't have to step over a lot of fallen bodies.
get to do those outside rushes on the QB.
and blowing up sweeps, all the varieties of screen passes, and torturing OTs is fun!

ilduce06410 said:
OLB, there it is.
you are responsible for hitting a lot of people, and you're expected to fill in on plays between the tackles.
you have to blow up sweeps and not get suckered by QB roll-outs, and protect your knees.
you're responsible for torturing the OT on your side.
but you play in space a lot, and you don't have to step over a lot of fallen bodies.
get to do those outside rushes on the QB.
and blowing up sweeps, all the varieties of screen passes, and torturing OTs is fun!

Sounds to me that you and edzo have the right spirit for the job! Were you Caribbean pirates in another life, by any chance?

Safety. dont come across the middle boys..might not get up.

I'll round out the squad and take Right Tackle. Get to be in the huddle and know what's going to happen, don't have to face the elite DL, and get to pancake DEs inside while my RB scoots over my heels for a 12-yard gain.

In actual experience I've played only QB and WR, and DE and CB on defense, with a Nerf football in the street, usually 2 on 2. Phone poles are the goal lines. First down if you get past the mailbox.

MoLewisrocks said:
Backup QB holding that clipboard behind a very durable guy. :D

I was thinking the same thing. You can pay me millions to hold a clipboard any day of the week! lol

Mike the Brit said:
Might be a bit demanding, but I wouldn't mind being wardrobe assistant ... ;)

We're doing well here. Have most of a squad. Just a bit short of offensive linemen.

Add me as a centre. When we played on the yard at school, I was too slow for WR/DB and nowhere near composed enough for QB. However, as a centre, I did a mean shotgun snap and my pass protection wasn't the worst. I am now 5-10 and 290, some of which is muscle! :eek:

If I had the ability, I would love to be a shutdown corner, a linebacker or Strong safety.

Last edited:
SS just like harrison

Towel boy in the cheerleader's locker room

Center. I have the "protector" role in life, besides, I'm too big and slow for any other position right now. I played TE in high school before the concussion.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with everyone? Unless you've got a death wish there's only one answer, given the longevity, limited time on the field, and pretty damn decent salary:

Long Snapper

Last edited:
CB, what I played in hs...action on every play and it's do or die out there. Of course I don't nearl have the speed to cover anyone now but CB was fun

Well, given my size and build, 6"1' 200lbs, I can either go with two spots WR or CB. I'm still a pretty fast runner and don't have a problem laying a hit on anyone.

CB. No doubt. I love to run, it's not as regimented as most other positions, you can have a nice, long career if you stay in shape, and there's nothing more satisfying than jumping a route and picking the ball. And generally, you don't get hit by the big boys as much, so you'll still be a functioning human when you're 60.

IndyPatriotsfan said:
Well, given my size and build, 6"1' 200lbs, I can either go with two spots WR or CB. I'm still a pretty fast runner and don't have a problem laying a hit on anyone.

1 1/2 feet tall and 200lbs? What do you take them out at the ankles?
I'm amazed you can run at all.

But at 6' 4" 250lbs I guess I might be able to fill in at TE or various defensive positions should BB need me in a pinch.

Hopefully my Joe Theisman knee can hold up during a game.

Remix 6 said:
Safety. dont come across the middle boys..might not get up.[/QUO

too funny

pop warner thu high school I played tailback, gunner & return man and long snapper (I'm little but know one else could do it!). In the NFL, I'd love to have Maroney's spot right now.

I'm "only" 6' tall, otherwise I'd play TE.

You get to shove folks around in the running game, and then sneak out for a pass route now & again. Not to mention, once you get the ball, there's often a corner or undersized FS you get to lower the shoulder and slam into.

Easiest job to maintain is definetly long snapper. Apparently there are so few of them, maintaining your job is easy. I can live with the vet minimum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents