PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could play any position in the NFL?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsOwl

Rookie
Reaction score
what would it be?
Being from England there arent that many opportunities to play on a team, but i personally think that to play cornerback would be awesome! Sure the QB gets the money and headlines, but I think the physical ability to be able to keep pace with a wide receiver's routes make it one of the hardest and all-or-nothing positions. Also maybe its because im a featherweight 160lbs and wouldnt enjoy getting crushed on a regular basis, but how about everyone else? Any of you guys have past experience at High School or college that would make you wanna play a specific postion in the NFL?

I would play QB for sure. This is probably the default answer but being too slow for most positions (!) and probably having a more cerebral outlook towards the sport, I think this position would fit me the most.

Safety or Tight End. Everyone who plays in the NFL must be brave and tough but, for me, these guys are the bravest of the brave and the toughest of the tough.

The owner!!

Middle linebacker and defensive signal caller. The most visceral, instinctive, mayhem-drenched athletic role in the history of the world.

Tunescribe said:
Middle linebacker and defensive signal caller. The most visceral, instinctive, mayhem-drenched athletic role in the history of the world.
Ditto and well stated! I was allowed to play there for one game in High School before player shortages moved me down on the line - what a blast to actually be in on just about every play. :rocker:

I would now prefer to be the head coach.

Running back. Always loved the feeling of would-be tacklers falling off of me. Plus they get to do everything- run, catch, block.

Backup QB holding that clipboard behind a very durable guy. :D

Punter on an offensive powerhouse team (obviously preferably the pats).

Easiest job in the world.

strong safety, no doubt.

just punish people who try to come over the middle.

'defense wins championships!'

fullback...just slam into the hole and take down as many potential tacklers as possible

and once in a while run one in from the goal line

Keegs said:
Punter on an offensive powerhouse team (obviously preferably the pats).

Easiest job in the world.

Not if your punting for NE. Well, I guess I can't speak for anyone else, but no matter who the punter has ever been, all eyes are on him. If he shanks that punt, I am screamin' and hating the guy for a few minutes.
For me though, I played pop warner all the way through my JR. yr. in H.S. at MLB and RB. I made all of the defensive play calls. It was fun, empowering and intense as hell. After watching Lawyer Milloy though, I was inspired by the S position. My SR. yr. in H.S. I got sick and lost ALOT of weight, so they moved me to CB then S.
When playing Safety, I got to see the field in a way that MLB never allowed me to. Nothing felt better then dissecting a Green Bay sweep properly, gaining a full steam of locomotive power behind me and just slamming head on into a RB. They never knew what hit 'em. AHHHHH! The good ol' days. :):rocker:

tatepatsfan said:
fullback...just slam into the hole and take down as many potential tacklers as possible

and once in a while run one in from the goal line

The problem with playing fullback is they're usually called upon to block, and those they're assigned to block are usually much bigger than they are. Ouch!

Fullback all day. I don't care about size of the person I have to hit, I just want to hit somebody at the point of attack.

BJ_McWild said:
strong safety, no doubt.

just punish people who try to come over the middle.

'defense wins championships!'

i'd be hopeless on the field and someone else was already clever enough to say they'd be "owner," but I'd seriously enjoy the challenge of being GM (or whatever they call the job on each team)...

Kicker, played soccer in high school. The Walter Mitty in me always schemed of kicking the football. Still can nail it fairly well from 40 yards (with a soccer ball). Though, watching the world cup, man can those guys boot it big time.

Outside Linebacker. Feel Great when you get a good hit and stop on a back trying to get past you, feel even better when you get to blitz and sack the QB. Best feeling is when you anticipate the short pass and are quick enough to pick it off. The collective horrified gasp from the opponents fans is music to your ears.

Cheerleader coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick