PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we had lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Found this kind of interesting - if we had lost, 3 out of the 4 teams that had a first round bye would have lost. The only team that had a bye that didn't look rusty was Falcons. And yes, I know I know, we DID win, however if Texans had a real QB, we would have lost. Don't tell me you were confident on a win during the 2-3 quarters.

I'm torn about the bye, I know its nice to have an extra week to get more healthy, but at the same time it seems too often teams get 'rusty' with an extra week off. Its why I believe all our SB's have been so close in score.

Found this kind of interesting - if we had lost, 3 out of the 4 teams that had a first round bye would have lost. The only team that had a bye that didn't look rusty was Falcons. And yes, I know I know, we DID win, however if Texans had a real QB, we would have lost. Don't tell me you were confident on a win during the 2-3 quarters.

I'm torn about the bye, I know its nice to have an extra week to get more healthy, but at the same time it seems too often teams get 'rusty' with an extra week off. Its why I believe all our SB's have been so close in score.
Since 2000, there have been two super bowls that weren't close.

We play 4 quarters. I do not really understand the revisionist history tbh. We did not lose. We won and we dominated them. It was not as lopsided as many of us hoped for because of some mistakes that were made, but it was a blowout and not at one point in the game was the victory in doubt.

I mean if the other team has the first possession and they score, we never say if the game were to end now, we would have lost, do we??

What the heck is a real QB? Assuming that means starting caliber, which includes before average... Are we honestly saying BO is 19 points worse than a below average QB?

I don't know, it's certainly nicer to be playing the AFCCG at home. The divisional round seems the bigger hurdle coming off the bye.

You said in much less words what exactly what I was trying to say. And for those saying the game was never in doubt, I'm sorry but I cannot believe that you weren't nervous as a Pats fan during most of the game. Houston for much of the game made Brady uncomfortable, whether due to rust or awesome D, Brady did not look in top form. If they had a real QB, as in a QB that could had pass with accuracy, we would have most likely lost.

That said, I feel much better about next week as I can't see us being so lethargic again.

The Pats led from wire to wire yesterday. I was sure they were going to lose. Nice thread.

Yes we led all the whole game, but I for one was not confident we would until we pulled away in the 4th. That game was looking very much like most of our playoff losses, big D making things difficult for Brady.

Yes we led all the whole game, but I for one was not confident we would until we pulled away in the 4th. That game was looking very much like most of our playoff losses, big D making things difficult for Brady.

classic confirmation bias...

the houston defense was the best in the afc playoffs if not all the teams in the playoffs. i think the pats offense will look much better next week. if pit is kicking FG's against the pats we win easy.

You said in much less words what exactly what I was trying to say. And for those saying the game was never in doubt, I'm sorry but I cannot believe that you weren't nervous as a Pats fan during most of the game. Houston for much of the game made Brady uncomfortable, whether due to rust or awesome D, Brady did not look in top form. If they had a real QB, as in a QB that could had pass with accuracy, we would have most likely lost.

That said, I feel much better about next week as I can't see us being so lethargic again.
The game was never in doubt. I was never worries about that. I was worried about a brady injury due to all the pressure, but that was not the question.

We won by 3 scores. 3 scores. Let that sink in. We had the highest betting margin in playoff history and we covered it. Put down the razor....

I have no doubt we'll destroy the Steelers, there's no way we have two bad games in a row with 3 turnovers. Plus Steelers did not look good tonight, what was it.. 6 fgs and no TD's? And they weren't rusty from a bye.

But yesterday I was ... concerned. We thankfully won and now BB has lots of things to yell about to the players.

What the heck is a real QB? Assuming that means starting caliber, which includes before average... Are we honestly saying BO is 19 points worse than a below average QB?
He was by far the worst QB playing this weekend.

"If we had lost" and the Cowboys won, would Jason Garrett be named Coach of the Year? :D

The Pats have tended to match up with the best defenses in the NFL in the Super Bowl, so that may explain why they don't run up the score. And feel free to recall the closest margins of victory tend to be the more recent games.

Would have lost? Based on what? If you plug in the elite Madden players, then the Pats could not have kept up with the scoring? Teams don't play hypothetical QBs. They play the active roster.

The Pats D has held its own this season (an understatement given the fewest points allowed per game in the NFL). So has special teams. There have been occasions when the phases other than offense have had to do more. Last night was such an occasion.

I am always amazed and amused when fans are surprised by the outcome. 74% of regular season games and 72% of playoff games end in wins. I am confident in wins, even when the Pats are losing, because that is generally, as a matter of statistics, how all games end. At 14-2, is there some reason to believe otherwise?

"If we had lost" and the Cowboys won, would Jason Garrett be named Coach of the Year? :D

Thats a good question, who does get Coach of the Year? Hmm. I think BB has a good shot at it due to going 3-1 without Brady, and winning two games with the QB backup's backup.. i.e 3rd string QB. I don't think Jason Garrett gets it, but he might be in 2nd place. Who's the falcons coach, does he have a chance?

Rust or not, could never justify the alternative which is having to play one extra game/not having the comfort of playing at Gillette. Will take the bye every single time, and that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back