PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Patriots win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last season and the amazing SB51 comeback, to see the Pats in the SB again is awful for everyone across NFL land. Look at all the puff pieces we saw about the Jags, and are now seeing about the Eagles, all painting them as great teams and how they will defeat the Patriots. Keep in mind the media represents across the country, most of which hate the Pats. They are fans, too, and their objectivity goes out the window, doesn't it? Just imagine the hate when they are in SB53 going for #7 ???!!!!!!

Does the 2017 level of national hate for this team exceed the previously high 2007 level?

I saw some resignation from a lot of fans after SB51...previous haters were just beaten into the ground. I suspect you'll see more of that. The remaining haters may get worked up into a frenzy, a fevered pitch even, but it's tiring to keep it up for so long. Eventually, BB, TFB, and the Pats are going to attrit a vast majority of haters into acceptance/submission. A win in this Super Bowl would go a long way toward that.

My (completely subjective, narrow) experience of the past week has been that there is less hate, and more respect and fatigue. The "not the Patriots again" sentiment is expressed more with a sigh than with vitriol, and with some respect for what the coach and QB have accomplished.

I think it depends on how big a possible win this is. All of our SBs have been close games, so that has given the haters ammo to accuse them of cheating and whatnot. I think if they win another close game, especially with these Eagles fans (I've listened to some Philly sports radio this week and they're all on the CHEATRIOTZZ wagon) they'll go even more in on it. If the Pats knock these ****ers into submission with a blowout, there can be no more debates. It would be just a dominating exclamation point win on a great season.

My (completely subjective, narrow) experience of the past week has been that there is less hate, and more respect and fatigue. The "not the Patriots again" sentiment is expressed more with a sigh than with vitriol, and with some respect for what the coach and QB have accomplished.

For me there is MUCH less hate and "cheat" talk. Most of it is because of the team. I also think its the way I deal with that crap.

For example, when someone brings up Spygate or Deflategate I just say, "Yea, sure.....they've won 5 Super Bowls by cheating. When was the last time your team won anything?".

Its kinda like dealing with a snowflake that accuses someone of being a bigot. You don't sit there and try to defend yourself because that is a losing battle. Instead, you attack them and call them a racist right back along with several other choice words.

For me there is MUCH less hate and "cheat" talk. Most of it is because of the team. I also think its the way I deal with that crap.

For example, when someone brings up Spygate or Deflategate I just say, "Yea, sure.....they've won 5 Super Bowls by cheating. When was the last time your team won anything?".

Its kinda like dealing with a snowflake that accuses someone of being a bigot. You don't sit there and try to defend yourself because that is a losing battle. Instead, you attack them and call them a racist right back along with several other choice words.

Yeah, that’s how I handle it. Counter attack

Well I think it's a bit different when someone is being a blatant racist to someone who is being an idiot goober fan of a hater team.
The way I deal with haters is I be as sarcastic as I can.

Like if someone says "you guys have won those SBs By cheating" I USED to be like "give me an example". And they would usually give me one of those bogus fake news stories about them taping practices.

But now I go "YEP! We are cheating SOBs! Damn straight! Why aren't you cheating like we are? Oh I know, because you CAN'T!"

Usually after that they roll their eyes and walk away. :p

Well I think it's a bit different when someone is being a blatant racist to someone who is being an idiot goober fan of a hater team.

I agree. It might have been an over-the-top example but it was all I could think of.

Yes and to be clear I have never been accused of being a racist. An a-hole, jerk or doochbag for sure...but never a racist.

The way I deal with haters is I be as sarcastic as I can.

Like if someone says "you guys have won those SBs By cheating" I USED to be like "give me an example". And they would usually give me one of those bogus fake news stories about them taping practices.

But now I go "YEP! We are cheating SOBs! Damn straight! Why aren't you cheating like we are? Oh I know, because you CAN'T!"

Usually after that they roll their eyes and walk away. :p

I love it! A much less confrontational approach than mine.

I agree. It might have been an over-the-top example but it was all I could think of.

Yes and to be clear I have never been accused of being a racist. An a-hole, jerk or doochbag for sure...but never a racist.

I love it! A much less confrontational approach than mine.

You're a racist! :D

The 2007 team blew teams out, and everyone hated them for it, save for us. Now, I think people have resigned themselves to the greatness of BB/TB12, but just want to see someone else win.

Last edited:
No, not even close. Even though the hate 'force' is still strong, the relentless pummeling of the football public by the team has beaten down the Pats haters to the those who are mostly members of the 'hate' jihad, i.e. espn and most of the media. The casual haters are looking on to see how long this train will travel while hoping for a train wreck some day, but they can't help but watch less they miss the opportunity to see history made. That 2007 hate was off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick