PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Bills shock the Patriots - should a national holiday be declared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my best Steve Sabol voice: "On any given Sunday"..

Since 2010, the Bills have won 3 of 18 meetings, 2 were Pats home games..

Stuff happens in the NFL...
The 2 were Jacoby brissett at qb and a meaningless end of season game where the pats sat everyone

Obviously not, but if we lose this game, probably can forget about winning the big one this season.

This will be a playoff atmosphere, this is the type of game they need to come out firing and prove they can deliver.

Before the season started, I thought Ravens, Eagles and Texans on the road would be our toughest matchups.

As the season went on, I was sure we were going to lose in BAL but Texans and Eagles seemed winnable games. As for Chiefs, if we can hold them to under 25 pts, I thought we had a chance. Given our offensive struggles, that wasn't the case.

All of the above mentioned teams are offensive teams. That said, I consider Bills to be our toughest game of the season. They are a vastly improved team who buy into Sean McDermott's philosophy and play hard for him. Given how good their season is, they'll play us with a lot of motivation. I just hope our O-line can give Tom enough time to complete passes. I don't mind a 3-0 Pats win if we can get out of this game without any injuries.

As for national holiday, **** them. :D

I get that the Bills fans are optimistic, but they have reached delusional already. Listening to the fans and especially radio talking heads this morning, I heard one of the main Bills radio guys say, "I'm a lot more confident in the Bills winning this game than I was in the Bills beating Pittsburgh." I was fine with all the confidence and optimism until I heard this, and then I thought, "You're bordering on delusional now."

The Billdos

Bills 2 wins since 2010 include 2016 when they beat an injured 3rd string JB and 2014 when they won on the last game of the season on a "rest" game for the Pats. The 2019 version is capable of winning but this would be their first even strength victory in New England in quite some time.

Are you truly the Doctor of double D's? :D

If the Pats losing a game really gives chubbies to that many folks than this country is more effed than I thought previously.

this kind of stuff makes the majority of the sane fan base look foolish, the pats are the standard of measurement, but we're looking for a super bowl ring in the future, not a division title or just beating the standard of measurement.

Not sure but if one has it most likely was Northhampton...or maybe Provincetown in the summer with fnord in town.

Your obsession with fnord is duly noted.

What are the actually odds BUF wins the SB this season ? Congrats on improvement, Bills, but...

What were the odds of the Pats winning the SB in 2001? I remember arguing with Pats fans back then who didn't think they could win it all. The common theme was "maybe they can win the AFC but there's no way they beat the Rams." I was more confident because of how well the Pats played the Rams during the season (the Pats last loss).

Has there ever been a city that declared a bildo shortage?

You ask in a thread about a WSJ article, in a city close to the NJ breeding grounds of the JEST and Gintz?

I think the entire Empire State will be operating in a position of surplus for the foreseeable future.

Your obsession with fnord is duly noted.

Between him and James White the guy must be getting a big head...

Only if the Bills win the division (which is highly unlikely, even if they win tomorrow’s game). Patriots drop games to division foes every now and then, so dropping one to Buffalo wouldn’t be overly significant.

It would be very significant because the Pats would likely lose the bye to KC with one more loss.

It would be very significant because the Pats would likely lose the bye to KC with one more loss.

And the bye is very much needed- we have a lot of banged up players, including our two most important ones.

What were the odds of the Pats winning the SB in 2001? I remember arguing with Pats fans back then who didn't think they could win it all. The common theme was "maybe they can win the AFC but there's no way they beat the Rams." I was more confident because of how well the Pats played the Rams during the season (the Pats last loss).
I hear you. A LOT of things went right for NE that year. And, while we didn’t know it yet, the QB had ice in his veins. Don’t feel the same about BUF’s QB....

The 2 were Jacoby brissett at qb and a meaningless end of season game where the pats sat everyone

Those things are totally irrelevant to the game today.

If the Pats don't win it all then I hope the Bills do. My next choices in order would be Houston or Ten, KC, NO, Sea and Minny. I will be rooting against Balt, Pitt, Dallas, Philly and GB.

I hear you. A LOT of things went right for NE that year. And, while we didn’t know it yet, the QB had ice in his veins. Don’t feel the same about BUF’s QB....

Allen has improved though.

One of the biggest wins in 2001 was the one in OT at Buffalo. That was the game where David Patten decided to take on a hit and got knocked out and fumbled along the sideline. Luckily, the fumble grazed Patten's leg while he was OOB and the play was ruled a catch but dead. That was one of the hardest hitting games that I can remember.

Those things are totally irrelevant to the game today.

If the Pats don't win it all then I hope the Bills do. My next choices in order would be Houston or Ten, KC, NO, Sea and Minny. I will be rooting against Balt, Pitt, Dallas, Philly and GB.
?
They were posted as relevant to the bills having won in Foxboro so those facts are relevant since those games were tainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes