PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I'm the Jets, I'm nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Perplexing, cuz he's my fantasy TE.

OK, not really. I hope we can shut him down.

Falcons are my fantasy defense. :(

Funny, cos if i'm the Jets i'm excited about how much better Sanchez could get after a few more games, and how domiant our defense has been.

2 of the of best offenses from 08, shut down.

I wouldn't be nervous at all.

Hey the Jets won, but as bad as the Patriots played, they still ran 67 plays and 18 first downs. If you can run that many plays with that offense, eventually you will start to score. The Jets had the ball 6 times in the first half and only had one drive of more than 5 plays. The game should have been over. Blame the Patriots offense and a off day for Brady. But if the Patriots defense is so bad, how did they shut down the Jets in the first half with there best defensive player not in uniform ?

Hey the Jets won, but as bad as the Patriots played, they still ran 67 plays and 18 first downs. If you can run that many plays with that offense, eventually you will start to score. The Jets had the ball 6 times in the first half and only had one drive of more than 5 plays. The game should have been over. Blame the Patriots offense and a off day for Brady. But if the Patriots defense is so bad, how did they shut down the Jets in the first half with there best defensive player not in uniform ?
The Jets had the shackles on Sanchez in the first half. Everybody saw what hes capable of when the Jets let him throw. The Jets had a conservative game plan on offense, but the numbers on offense could have easily been better if Sanchez had needed to throw more often. The Jets best blitzer was also not in uniform by the way

The Jets had the shackles on Sanchez in the first half. Everybody saw what hes capable of when the Jets let him throw. The Jets had a conservative game plan on offense, but the numbers on offense could have easily been better if Sanchez had needed to throw more often. The Jets best blitzer was also not in uniform by the way

QFT.

The Jets dominated the whole way through. The only reason the Patriots D good the first half was because Sanchez wasn't throwing as much. (Or at all)

QFT.

The Jets dominated the whole way through. The only reason the Patriots D good the first half was because Sanchez wasn't throwing as much. (Or at all)

What was the first half TOP

All it really came down to were 3 issues

1. Brady had an absolutely ****house day.
2. We dominated the first half and couldn't capitalize on our opportunities.
3. The Jets dominated the second half and capitalized on their opportunities.

This media bs about the Jets being the better team is codswallop. It should have been 17-3 at half time.

Pacino was right. It's a game of inches and we were feet away.

Kudos for using "codswallop" in a post.

I'm resurrecting my prediction! :)

I'm resurrecting my prediction! :)

And I'll resurrect my earlier post on the subject:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/282797-season-start-not-what-patriots-expected-page2.html#post1550985

Not counting games where they play each other, the teams inventing "Super Bowl" significance to playing the Pats are a combined 2-7 since:

Buffalo = 1-3 with a home win against TB
Jets = 1-2 with a close home win against Tenn
Ravens = 0-2
Broncos = On the road against SD tonite

Apparently these teams should have listened to the wisdom of Maroney.

Last edited:
Funny, cos if i'm the Jets i'm excited about how much better Sanchez could get after a few more games, and how domiant our defense has been.

2 of the of best offenses from 08, shut down.

I wouldn't be nervous at all.

This is priceless, thanks for the laugh.

Sanchez has sucked the past two weeks and the defense has looked like a steaming pile of sh!t the past two weeks, totally inept.

Oh and Jenkins is toast too.

Time to rethink this drivel you wrote, is it not?

LOL What's that PT Barnum saying about how often a sucker is born...

Same Old Jets...AGAIN | New York Jets Fan Blog - NJ.com

You can change the coach, you can change ownership, you can change the quarterback, you can try changing whatever you'd like, but it's not going to change the results. The Jets are the Jets, plain and simple, the SAME OLD JETS.

I could've written the script for this game because I've seen it so many times in the past 37 years...

The JETS fan base likely files a class action harassment claim if Rex calls them at home again this season...:rofl:

Last edited:
The Jets defense was based on Jenkins stopping the run, much like Wilfork is in the Pats scheme. The specultation is that Jenkins is done for the year, and if that is the case thats a huge blow to their defense. And sanchez has looked like a typical rookie the last couple of weeks. Looks like there is some film on him now, and people are picking up his tendencies. It will be interesting to see how he responds against Oakland. Their defense can be decent when they all show up to play...

I think you guys are the nervous ones. Honest.

Feel free to come back to this thread whenever. Good call by the OP. However, a lot of us saw a Jets letdown coming. They were fortunate that the teams they placed shot themselves in the foot on offense more than the Jets defense stopped them. They were also fortunate that, for whatever reason, defenses didn't feel like turning up the pressure on Sanchez.

I think you guys are the nervous ones. Honest.

And I think you are a ****y, arrogant 17 year old Jets fan.

Wait a minute; if you are Jets fan, there is no effin way you can be ****y or arrogant since your team has been a laughing stock of a franchise for the past 40 years.

Sorry, had you confused with a Yankees fan........

If I'm the Jest I'd sell the franchise to Rush Limbaugh and move the entire team to LA.

I talked to my JEST co-worker this morning and he was pretty disappointed in yesterday's game. He said he would of pulled Sanchez after the 4th INT. He was still angry over the MNF loss last week too. Bad time to be a JEST fan...

What team chokes against a Harvard quarterback when a guy on your team rushes for 200 over yards?

Only the Jets!!!

I mean, Hahhvahd, cmon. Your talking about a guy that got a 1500+ on his SATs. Fitzpatrick looks like he has never picked up a dumbbell in his life.

It's always a bad time to be a Jets fan. Tell your buddy that there's always room on the Pats bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents