PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady joined the NFC in the 2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nabwong - Wanna know what could top that? Brady is benched in the 3rd Quarter down 31-7 and then Eli emerges from the sidelines to cheers as he scores four touchdowns unanswered and wins 35-31. Patriots lose, Brady benched to the guy that beat him two times, Eli earns his 3rd ring against NE..

I'm a life long Patriots fan from day 1, literally. I root for the laundry, above all else. Too old to change. Oh, and 40 years ago, I felt the same.

5DetLdq.jpg

Wow. Are some of you serious? I feel like I'm on a Colts forum talking about Manning. I'm a Patriots fan first and foremost so my loyalty lies with the laundry.

Having said that, I love Brady probably more than my own family so I wouldn't be nearly as sad if we lost as I was when we lost to the Giants

Never gonna happen though. Brady retires a Pat with 6 rings

Reactions: sb1
Wow. Are some of you serious? I feel like I'm on a Colts forum talking about Manning. I'm a Patriots fan first and foremost so my loyalty lies with the laundry.

Having said that, I love Brady probably more than my own family so I wouldn't be nearly as sad if we lost as I was when we lost to the Giants

Never gonna happen though. Brady retires a Pat with 6 rings
7 if Kraft restores Pat Patriot

Brady will most likely retire a NE Patriot, but lets pretend that in the 2020 season Brady has yet to win his 5th ring and was traded to some NFC team and was able to make it to the Superbowl with that team. His rival in the SB? The New England Patriots under a new QB and Head Coach. Oh, the irony!

Is there anyway you'd deep down root for Tom Brady to secure his 5th ring? Believe it or not, I am almost certain a few people would be tempted to cheer their hero on in that SB.

So?

Absolutely not.

The end.

Wow.

Rarely do you get to see so much Raw Sewage in a single Thread.

It won't matter to me, if the Patriots trade Brady I doubt I would ever watch football again. My interest has been waning for some time as far as the league goes and unless it was Brady asking out I would be bullsh.t at the Patriots for trading a guy who has both given so much and given back so much, he has left a ton of money in their pockets to make the team stronger and I wouldn't forgive the betrayal.

Wow.....people are saying they would genuinely support Brady against the Pats.

I will safely say that whatever the weather, the team trumps all. I have spent over 20 years supporting this team, whether they be good or bad. I have not done that for things to turn, for me, into a one man personality cult.

Go Patriots, now and forever

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Did you cheer for Bledsoe to beat the Patriots as a Buffalo Bill? This isn't that different.

I'd almost certainly cheer when Tom is introduced before the game...and I'd cheer louder when he gets his face planted into the turf by a Patriot defender. It's all about the team. I think Belichick and Brady would tell you that themselves.

He isn't going anywhere else though so it's all moot.

Did you cheer for Bledsoe to beat the Patriots as a Buffalo Bill? This isn't that different.

I'd almost certainly cheer when Tom is introduced before the game...and I'd cheer louder when he gets his face planted into the turf by a Patriot defender. It's all about the team. I think Belichick and Brady would tell you that themselves.

Excellently put...

And Double Word Score for using "moot" instead of "mute", as the Intellectually Challenged do. :D

It's a great, thought-provoking question. Thanks.

I've been a Patriots fan forever...well, at least since 1974...

I've always thought of myself as a Patriots fan through and through...true to Pat Patriot and his multiple re-incarnations.

But, I've been so disgusted by the behavior of Goodell and the Owners towards Brady and Belichick that I've started to think of the "Patriots" as an organization that is part of a corrupt entity called "The NFL." My loyalties now are to Tom and Bill (and Rodney and Brewski and Malcolm and a whole lot of other guys).

Bob Kraft had a chance to differentiate himself, but then he gave his now infamous "good of the 32" speech in San Francisco. Despite his efforts to retract what he said that day, the bottom line is that that is how he sees the world and, ultimately, that is where his loyalties lie. And, if I had become a multi-billionaire because of the 32, I might feel the same way...but I haven't....

So, if you ask me today and if Belichick is no longer Coaching the Patriots in 2020, then I'd be pulling for Brady to get his next ring.

How will I feel in 2020? I just don't know, but that's how I feel about it today and so, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Drew getting drafted at number one was the reason I became a Patriot. As a young kid, I found them getting the best new player as exciting (never knew who Mirer, I was clueless)The fact that Boston had Irish connections sealed the deal.

I was mortified when Bledsoe lost his job as he was my hero; I even wanted him to get his job back the the SB (yes, I know I was wrong, but it hurt)

Still, when he went to the Bills, I knew he was the opposition. That isn't really a difficult concept for me. Screw going against the team!

don't sweat it

there isn't going to be a 2020 season

Is there anyway you'd deep down root for Tom Brady to secure his 5th ring? Believe it or not, I am almost certain a few people would be tempted to cheer their hero on in that SB.

So?

Hell. No. You root for the laundry, period. Brady goes off and becomes a 49'er in his last couple of twilight seasons and they miraculously end up facing our boys in the SB? I'd root for him to lose by 50.

Go Pats.

I could see Brady as a 9er in his last year or 2. And SF can enjoy the karmic full-circle effect. (And the Chiefs can move to Dallas or something just to tie up that one loose end.)

I believe Brady will have his 5th ring as a Patriot by the time the any chance comes for we Pats fans to have to watch him end his storied career in the uniform of another team. But if I'm wrong and am forced to choose under this scenario I will approach this game from the perspective of an interested observer with no rooting interest. As is almost always the case with me with such an approach, by the time the first few drives are in the books, my true felings (and thus my actual rooting interests), will have become clear. So I guess I'm saying I'd likely not know right up until the actual game action who I'd truly be rooting for.

While an interesting question, IMO it's far more likely that if we have to watch TFB toil away for another team it will be a shell of the actual legend we'll be watching by then. If it happens I think it will be because Tom was close to breaking one or more of the all time records and is simply hanging around to beat The Forehead one more time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents