PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady joined the NFC in the 2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Brady will most likely retire a NE Patriot, but lets pretend that in the 2020 season Brady has yet to win his 5th ring and was traded to some NFC team and was able to make it to the Superbowl with that team. His rival in the SB? The New England Patriots under a new QB and Head Coach. Oh, the irony!

Is there anyway you'd deep down root for Tom Brady to secure his 5th ring? Believe it or not, I am almost certain a few people would be tempted to cheer their hero on in that SB.

So?

If BB is coaching the Patriots. I root for the Patriots. If BB retired, and TB is playing for another team, I cheer for that team. F*ck the Patriots and Bendover Bob. F*ck all the teams. I hope the NYJFL* implodes and the 32 lose billions. I'm just here to watch the two GOAT's.

If Brady faces the Pats in what is his last game of his career in the superbowl...

I think i would cheer for him honestly. After all he has done for this team (4 championships to 0 before he came) I could never deny him the 5th to cap off his career and put him all alone.

It is a no lose situation for me though. However if he gets 5 with the Pats and is hunting for his 6th... I would cheer for the Pats but not be too mad if we lost. At that point Brady would have achieved all he would ever need to already. Probably own every major record and have 5 championships and how many appearances?

Also, let me add that Roger G would likely have an atomic meltdown. NE in one corner, Brady in the other..

Roger - ****, my plan was to get the refs to rig the game against NE, but now what? Its not like we can suspend Brady for four games since this is likely his last.. *Roger foams and passes out*

Brady will most likely retire a NE Patriot, but lets pretend that in the 2020 season Brady has yet to win his 5th ring and was traded to some NFC team and was able to make it to the Superbowl with that team. His rival in the SB? The New England Patriots under a new QB and Head Coach. Oh, the irony!

Is there anyway you'd deep down root for Tom Brady to secure his 5th ring? Believe it or not, I am almost certain a few people would be tempted to cheer their hero on in that SB.

So?

I would openly root for Brady, I think. Obviously a lot can change in 4-5 years, but at this point I think Brady and Belichick are more important to me than the rest of the organization. Probably wouldn't have been my answer 2 years ago, but... well, here we are. Plus, Brady has earned it and could use it for his legacy more than anyone except maybe Belichick himself.

@BradyFTW! - I think if BB was still apart of the Patriots in the 2020 season (even though my question says he would not be) a win for him would at least shut down the haters who say BB can't make it or win a SB without Brady. I think the 11-5 Bradyless season is evidence its easily plausible.

@BradyFTW! - I think if BB was still apart of the Patriots in the 2020 season (even though my question says he would not be) a win for him would at least shut down the haters who say BB can't make it or win a SB without Brady. I think the 11-5 Bradyless season is evidence its easily plausible.
Definitely, I thought Belichick being gone was part of the hypothetical. If Belichick was still with the Pats, that would make it a tough one. I dunno who I'd pull for in that case, probably the Pats just by default.

Depends on which NFC team. What if it was the giants? I think i'd borrow that scissors from brady and stab myself.

@nabwong - Wanna know what could top that? Brady is benched in the 3rd Quarter down 31-7 and then Eli emerges from the sidelines to cheers as he scores four touchdowns unanswered and wins 35-31. Patriots lose, Brady benched to the guy that beat him two times, Eli earns his 3rd ring against NE..

@nabwong - Wanna know what could top that? Brady is benched in the 3rd Quarter down 31-7 and then Eli emerges from the sidelines to cheers as he scores four touchdowns unanswered and wins 35-31. Patriots lose, Brady benched to the guy that beat him two times, Eli earns his 3rd ring against NE..

You can't keep both guys. Salary cap.

I follow Brady wherever he goes and root for him to beat any team he plays every time. Then, when he walks off into the sunset as a retired NYFL QB, I walk off into the sunset right behind him as a retired NYFL fan. I will then spend the rest of my life on Patsfans reliving the Brady years.

Love Brady but, Patriots through and through.

So?
No. I want the Pats to kick his ass. My support lies with the uniform.

With that said, if TB12 played against any other team I would be just as exuberant in rooting for him as I would the Pats.

Yikes. If it was a tolerable NFC team and Belichick was no longer coaching the Pats, I'd be rooting for Brady.

If Belichick was still coaching....that's a difficult choice for me. TB12 is the reason I still watch the NFL, particularly after the past two years. I'd be pleased with either outcome.

So?
No way. You can still love Tom for what he meant to the Patriots but want to beat him if he's standing in the way of another Pats title. That's what competition is all about.

I think the people in here that say they would root for Brady would begin rooting for the Pats as soon as the ball is kicked off in the game. I love Brady. He's been one of my favorite players if not my absolute favorite to watch. But, in the end, I root for the laundry. The Pats are my team. So I would root for the Patriots. That said, if they lost and Brady took home his 5th, I wouldn't be absolutely crushed. I probably wouldn't even be sad. Part of me would be disappointed the Pats lost and the other part of me would be happy for Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes