PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF Belichick is suspended, who is interim HC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I think it would be Scarnecchia. He has the title of Assistant HC.

Dante Scarnecchia would fill in. Maybe if the Commish suspends BB it will be for the next Jets game -:)

if BB were to be suspended by Goodell, who would then be the interim coach. Scarnecchia? McDaniels? Pees? this would be a very interesting thing to watch if BB were to be suspended. I would say no to Scarnecchia just simply because I dont think he wants that responsibility. I could be wrong however. My best guess would be McDaniels. But Scarnecchia is the only Asst. HC, so he might be interim by default.

All I can say is BB better NOT be suspended. That punishment would not be just to such a minor infraction.

Dante would be.

And each of the coordinators would make the calls for his unit, perhaps after discussing them with Dante.

The big difference is that the coordinators' opinions are much less likely to get overruled by the HC if BB isn't around.

if BB were to be suspended by Goodell, who would then be the interim coach. Scarnecchia? McDaniels? Pees? this would be a very interesting thing to watch if BB were to be suspended. I would say no to Scarnecchia just simply because I dont think he wants that responsibility. I could be wrong however. My best guess would be McDaniels. But Scarnecchia is the only Asst. HC, so he might be interim by default.

NEM........

Charlie Wies, BB goes to ND and Charlie comes back during any suspension.
Just a wild speculation.

There is only one man who could step into a position like that bring us through this trying time. Introducing our new head coach Troy Brown!!!!!!

I say Dante. But don't forget the Ernie factor. I think he knows just as much about this team as BB, and would be a quiet but important factor if a suspension actually happens.

I wonder if they'd bring back Eric The Rat?

I say Dante. But don't forget the Ernie factor. I think he knows just as much about this team as BB, and would be a quiet but important factor if a suspension actually happens.
That would require Ernie to come out from behind the curtain. :eek:

I wonder if they'd bring back Eric The Rat?

Mangiiina the Rat, will end up looking the worst when all is said and done. Short-term gain for him, long-term terminal blow to his coaching career. By breaking the unwritten code of conduct he has proven himself to be unworthy of being a HC.

You have to feel if he knew about the tactic, that he tacitly approved of it when he was enjoying winning with the Pats and then parlaying it into a HC position.

Sorry for the hijack, we return you now to your regularly scheduled thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes