PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If anyone whines about the Dee Ford NZI, show them this

Status
Not open for further replies.
x3257UN.jpg

"Inches"

This is after Andrews grabs the ball. All centers move the ball back quite a bit when they grab it. I'd say that Ford was about a half yard over. That's a lot.

BTW - does everyone forget that an NFL ref got fired for not calling this is a game earlier this year? Didn't the NFL announce that they were using his non-call as a learning tool so it wouldn't happen again? This ref got the memo, didn't want to get fired and threw the flag for an obvious violation.

I think the Ref got it wrong, calling it a neutral zone infraction. That means that Ford was in the forbidden area of the length of the football. Ford was so far forward the correct call was offsides.

Hmmm...I'm wondering at what point the ref usually warns the player and lets him know he is entering the neutral zone, as Andy Reid claims. Do they usually blow the whistle to stop the game first, or do they just put a huge warning on the jumbotron?

Better yet, maybe the KC crowd noise made it impossible for their own player to get the warning, so the crowd actually cost them the game.

I don't think it's been confirmed either way. My initial thought was he must of known because he's Tom but I think I heard someone on the radio say his reaction after the play was not that of someone who knew there was a flag.
Brady actually mentioned it on his interview with (WEEI?) on Monday morning that he didn't see it. I was listening to some podcast on my drive home Monday when I caught it. I was surprised, as Tom seems to have a 6th sense for that kind of thing. He said if he did he probably would have thrown it deep.

Hmmm...I'm wondering at what point the ref usually warns the player and lets him know he is entering the neutral zone, as Andy Reid claims. Do they usually blow the whistle to stop the game first, or do they just put a huge warning on the jumbotron?

Better yet, maybe the KC crowd noise made it impossible for their own player to get the warning, so the crowd actually cost them the game.

All I can say is that I could not care less what the Chiefs are whining about. All Ford needed to do is turn to the right and check with his side judge the same way receiver are checking if everything is ok. If his coaches can't put that little detail into his head and he blows one of the biggest plays of the game because of it is on him and his coaches.

This is not a ticky-tacky call at all. It is the opposite of that: black and white. Either you are violating the neutral zone or you are not.

Also there is this:

Ex-ref shuts down Reid's offsides complaint

"In the first quarter or the first couple of minutes of the game if the defensive end is lined up offsides, absolutely, they'll give him a warning," Daopoulos said. "But at that point in the game, late in the game, absolutely not. You know, you just can't warn these guys every time because they're going to encroach it whenever they can. So early on, yes. At that point, absolutely not."

Last edited:
So has it been confirmed that Brady definitely didn't see the flag out the corner of his eye

If he knew he had a free play he wouldn't have thrown THAT pass. He would have thrown one with first down potential.

Yeah, that screen shot says it all. Trust me, I was elated for the call but did it ticky tack for such a big moment in the game.....but this is the first unobstructed shot of it I've seen and there is no question about it.

If he knew he had a free play he wouldn't have thrown THAT pass. He would have thrown one with first down potential.
Yeah, I know.. sometimes he gets lucky and that's all there is to it

wouldn't be ticky tack if the guy was able to make a sack...Obvious flag

Can’t wait for mic’d up. We’ll most likely find out if TB knew. I think he did and I agree Gronk did too.

Already confirmed that he did not see it -- confirmed on Monday during a WEEI interview.

On the topic of warnings, I really wish the officials had given Troy Brown a warning about OPI in the 2006 AFCCG or Brady a warning about intentional grounding in SB46. That would have been two more Super Bowl wins for New England if the officials just gave out warnings instead of calling penalties.

It also would have been great if the organization had gotten warnings about taping signals from the sideline* or the PSI in footballs. How the last 12 years would have been different if the Patriots had just received a warning instead of 2 separate, over the top punishments. I guess Dee Ford isn't the only one who wasn't fortunate enough to receive a warning.

*I don't consider a memo sent to every team to be a warning, especially when the league takes no action on it for a year. A warning would have been a call to Patriot Place in 2006 with the message of "You received the September 6th memo? Good. We sent that to everyone, but we're really talking to you. We know what you're up to and you need to stop, now."

Yeah thanks but I'll just show them this...

https://media.giphy.com/media/***ln5qp01U9q/giphy.gif

Yeah, I know.. sometimes he gets lucky and that's all there is to it

Right, but I don't think you count on that.

After all, even if he somehow got 9 yards on that play, I would have to think you STILL accept the penalty to go with '3rd and 5' over '4th and 1'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes