PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts: the stretch run edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK we opened up the post-Thanksgiving part of the season. This is the one where we would like to think the season long operation is finally coming together and a 5-1, 6-o kind of finish would be likely. Today was was a decent first step on the stretch run to the playoffs. But was it an indicator of great things to come? I don't think so. I think it was a solid road win against a bad team. It really didn't answer many of the questions we've been looking at this entire season.

Some questions WERE answered, good AND bad. Having a balanced running attack has a bigger impact than having Gronk back. THOUGH it was certainly good to have Gronk back. ;)

When Brady spreads the ball around the offense runs smoother and more efficiently, than when he is trying to force feed certain receivers the ball.

On the negative side, it is clear (at least to me) that unless we are using some form of blitz, we are never going to get pressure on any QB we face, at least not this year.

Josh McDaniels has had a great deal to do with all the success the Pats offense has had over the last decade. And yet sometimes he makes play calls that leave me speechless in frustration. With the Pats needing 4 yds in 2 plays in the red zone, he force fed 2 incomplete passes to Gronk when there MUST have been some other options. Now Brady might have had some blame in this himself, but it seemed to me like it was predetermined that the ball was going to Gronk despite whatever coverage they had on him.

Then later in the half when they were trying to milk the ball, on 3rd and 4 the Pats refused to throw even a conservative pass and wound up giving up 3 points to the Jets. I can remember when there was NO area of the field where the Pats were afraid to pass the ball, and against the good teams. These were the freakin' Jets.

Its not like these seeming brain farts happen all the time, but enough to make me want to comment on them. But so much for my need to vent a bit, let's break down win #8 and see what it brings.

1. Offense - General thoughts - I was a bit disappointed in the offense mostly because you'd think that if you can gain 500 yds of offense, and have 7 or 8 plays that go over 20 yds that you'd have more than 27 points. Now the penalties had a LOT to do with this lack of efficiency, but clearly the offense has a lot of room to grow....hopefully.

That being said, I just read where the Steelers had over 550 yds of offense and yet only put up 17 points. in their loss to Denver. :eek: But like I said in a thread earlier this week, unfortunately, the Steelers on the road are a different team than at home. With Rothlessberger that is especially true.

Like I said when Brady spreads the ball around the offense moves better. Great to see Hogan get some looks. Great to see Gordon go 5 catches on 5 targets, none of which were forced. Great to see Edelman suddenly reappear in the middle of the defense. As a whole this is as good a receiving group as we've had for a while, lets use ALL of them.

2. QB - Brady looked a bit shaky to start the game, but settled in later to have what could be called a decent game for him.Clearly missing so much practice time this week affected him early. He completed 2 thirds of his passes and had no picks. I though he held on the the ball longer this game than usual. I wonder what the Jets were showing him that forced him to throw so many balls to his 2nd and 3rd options. Perhaps we'll learn more in the "rewatch thread".

3. OL - Good job in pass protection, though Brady seemed to get hit more than usual, he wasn't sacked. The fact Brady held on to the ball longer than usual accounted for the extra hits he took. For all his accolades, Brady most underrated quality is his toughness. He is as tough as Bledsoe or Grogan. High praise indeed

Great job in the run game. There were some GAPING holes Jets D. Much credit has to go to Josh because some of the play designs were excellent. I don't know where the Jets ranked against the run, but it seemed that their best players were their LB's and DL as well as JAdams, who is a real stud vs the run. So it wasn't like they were running against bad players. They just executed the schemes beautifully.

4. RB's - Like I said earlier, Michel's return turned out to be much more impactful than Gronks. He doesn't stun me with cuts or moves, but he has a great knack for seeing any gaps in the D and slithering through. I will have to see him create more on his own before he will justify that first round pick for me. BUT in the meantime I'm fine with him picking up all of what's there.

What concerns me the most is that he's really the ONLY RB we have on the roster. White had a great day, but if he's the guy you are counting to be your primary RUNNING back for a game, then you are going to be in trouble to generate any consistent running attack. We REALLY need to add so help to that room.

It only goes to show you how fragile teams are on paper. At the beginning of the season it seemed we had TOO many quality RB's, and then just like that, we have been down to 2 for most of the season, and CLEARLY there is a need for a bigger back for the red zone/GL areas.

5. Receivers - Great to see Gronk get back into the end zone. That was a monster catch and a very timely one at that. He also make a good play to keep Brady from throwing a pick.

Now just a media aside. I find it curious how the media has transitioned from how Gronk was looking so fast and athletic during TC and early in the season, to how now Gronk is just a shadow of his formerly great self and unlikely to be back in 2019. Just sayin'

Edelman had his first game in while where he was controlling the middle of the field and picking up key first downs and chunk yards. I'd like to see him targeted more. Maybe that will happen now that Gronk is back.

Hogan reappeared for 2 of those 20+ yd plays, wide open on both patterns....and then he was gone, never to be targeted again. Maybe they are saving him for the Pittsburgh game. ;)

Gordon had in my mind, his best game as a Patriot. His production seemed more within the game plan, and his efficiency was perfect, as well as contributing a key 3rd down catch that was remarkable. His hands are really good, I mean Jerry Rice good.

6, Defense- General thoughts - Hard to categorize this game. On one hand they held the Jets to 13 points. On the other they made the 39 year old Josh McCown look like a great NFL QB.....AGAIN. Christ, McCown was the Jets second leading rusher. ;)

Well it wasn't THAT good, it just seemed that way. The Pats did hold him to a 56% completion rate and did well on 3rd down, AND stopped the run VERY well, while playing mostly nickel and dime defenses. Still the fact they couldn't pressure the Jets weak OL without blitzing was concerning dor down the road.

7. Front-Seven- I don't think I need to mention the non-blitz pass rush again. On the other hand, how this group played the Jets running attack in mostly nickel and dime packages WAS a positive. They only allowed 72 rushing yards and 25 of them came from McCown. It was a good day.

I also thought the LB's had a good day tackling. However Hightower was credited with only one tackle and one QB hit for the game. NOT what I'm looking for from one of the highest paid guys on defense.

8. Secondary - More great work from Gilmore, and Chung. Chung had 13 tackles, 7 of them solo. So while the announcers hyped the excellent Jamal Adams all game, Patrick Chung very quietly outproduced him. According to PFF, Gilmore shut out the dangerous Robbie Anderson on 4 targets as well as making plays on other Jet receivers. JMcCourty gave up some catches that I saw. One big one came on a well designed route that was a simply well executed.

Most of the early yards came against mostly zone coverages underneath, while some of the later yards came after the Pats had a 14 point lead. Overall I thought the coverage was pretty good. Bottom line, when the Jets protected McCown he completed 7o% of his passes, when under pressure that dropped to about half that.

I think the secondary is the strength of this defense, and its starting base (JMcCourty, DMcCourty, Chung, Gilmore and Harmon are as solid as you can get. I think the key to this secondary to improve will be the development of JC Jackson and JJones. If we are going to need to blitz to create pressure, then we are going to need a LOT of DB's to cover, and cover well.

8. Special teams - One good KO coverage, one bad one. Not good enough. Great punting job by Ryan Allen, not only did he average 46 yds, his directional punting kept any run backs a mute point.
The Ghost made his gimmees so he did his job as well. Nice job by this group.

Obi Malifanu made his debut and had a ST's tackle. Welcome home, Obi. We'll need you to make an impact in the secondary...next year.

9. General Comments

a. The officials made this game almost unwatchable for most of the first half. If I had been a casual fan of the game, I'd have turned it off or switched to another. I truly believe that at half time they got a call and were told only to call the obvious penalties, because they were truly killing the game.

b. This crew has called the most penalties of any officiating crew in the league, so this shouldn't have been a surprise. So the responsibility should fall on the league to get this group more training or split them up. Forget that they were singlehandledly keeping the Jets in this game, they were just so inconsistent on what they would call and not call.

c. After today's loss to the Browns, think about being a Bengals fan knowing that the likely successor to Marvin Lewis is Hue Jackson. :eek: Now THAT has to rival even a Jet fan's pain. ;)

d. We've now seen 11 games of the season and many of the questions were were asking at the start of year are still unanswered. Our record says we are 8-3 with the 2nd best results in the conference so far. We hold a bye well within our grasp. Yet somehow this team doesn't inspire the same confidence in us that other recent teams have done. Some very average teams have beaten us. Think about our 3 losses have come against 2 losing teams (Lions and Jags) and the 3rd is barely at .500. Definitely not what you'd expect.

But Bill Parcell's tells us that "you are what your record says your are", so that's a good thing...I guess. ;)

OK, done by midnight. I win. Please add your observations and comments and we'll see where the conversation takes us in the morning.

Good job Ken, I didn't see the whole game had too much to do but thought they had decent pressure without blitzing when I watched, I'll have to rewatch the whole game uniterrupted.

. . .

When Brady spreads the ball around the offense runs smoother and more efficiently, than when he is trying to force feed certain receivers the ball.
. . .

Josh McDaniels has had a great deal to do with all the success the Pats offense has had over the last decade. And yet sometimes he makes play calls that leave me speechless in frustration. With the Pats needing 4 yds in 2 plays in the red zone, he force fed 2 incomplete passes to Gronk when there MUST have been some other options. Now Brady might have had some blame in this himself, but it seemed to me like it was predetermined that the ball was going to Gronk despite whatever coverage they had on him.

Then later in the half when they were trying to milk the ball, on 3rd and 4 the Pats refused to throw even a conservative pass and wound up giving up 3 points to the Jets. I can remember when there was NO area of the field where the Pats were afraid to pass the ball, and against the good teams. These were the freakin' Jets.

Its not like these seeming brain farts happen all the time, but enough to make me want to comment on them. But so much for my need to vent a bit, let's break down win #8 and see what it brings.

Seemed they over valued burning clock and yeah didn't trust TB and receivers to throw a safe pass not near the sidelines to keep the clock running. So they ran a pointless play on 3-long. But I think that is more likely a BB decision and not Josh (just seems his MO).

1. . . . As a whole this is as good a receiving group as we've had for a while, lets use ALL of them.

2. QB - Brady looked a bit shaky to start the game, but settled in later to have what could be called a decent game for him.Clearly missing so much practice time this week affected him early. He completed 2 thirds of his passes and had no picks. I though he held on the the ball longer this game than usual. I wonder what the Jets were showing him that forced him to throw so many balls to his 2nd and 3rd options. Perhaps we'll learn more in the "rewatch thread".

TB seemed particularly bad on the touch passes for the outlets to the RBs running to the sidelines. He threw at least four of those where they were uncatchable by the RBs. The replays weren't shown or clear enough to see if Jetes coverage was really that good and TB just throwing away without risking an int grounding or if he was just plain off. But it seemed when he was more on his game (other years), that he would have thread the needle better on at least half of those.

Gordon had in my mind, his best game as a Patriot. His production seemed more within the game plan, and his efficiency was perfect, as well as contributing a key 3rd down catch that was remarkable. His hands are really good, I mean Jerry Rice good.
. . .
Obi Malifanu made his debut and had a ST's tackle. Welcome home, Obi. We'll need you to make an impact in the secondary...next year.

. . .
OK, done by midnight. I win. Please add your observations and comments and we'll see where the conversation takes us in the morning.

Not sure yet who is my top mid-season pickup binkie between Flash or Obi. Am really hoping both can excel in time for playoffs. Gordon is certainly on that glidepath. He keeps getting more consistent, even if the numbers don't flash out at you.

Good stuff Ken. Thanks for writing punctually for my time zone LOL. ;)

Nice work Ken.
My few unconnected thoughts...
Sony is the key this year....plus a healthier O Line. This combo gives the NE offense a chance. I wonder how much better the Pats O would have been with Wynn and the missing RBs.
How will NE keep this guy healthy for 8 more games?
Brady has seemed late on many Gronk passes all year...even today's Gronki post-route TD
Hat tip to our punter.....his sideline boots were money.
Glad to see Dorsett and Hogan involved.
NE's pass rush is so incredibly frustrating.....choosing to lock up with the Olinemen instead of more schemed pressure. This "Contain" game plan makes JAG QBs look top level.
We'll see how this plays out but it is nice to know NE owns the head-to-head tie breaker advantage over Divisional leaders KC and Houston....with Pitt on the upcoming schedule.
How bout them Browns , a team that is better than its record.
How about the quality of NFL RBs......stud rushers and difference maker run/catch weapons.......Gurley, Gordon, Elliot, Barkley.....Kamara, McCaffrey.
If BB could handpick a RB off of another roster, who would he choose? I'm thinking Kamara. Dual threat who just gets it.....though I'm a Gurley man

Stretch run is here....and roster health will determine many teams' fortunes. NO, LAR, KC are the elite teams. The irreplaceable straws who stir their drinks....Brees, Gurley, Hill or Mahomes.
2019 is New Orleans to lose......dome playoff games right through the SB

One aspect the offense finally showed yesterday was "running with White/throwing with Michel" instead of the immediate tip off of the opposite just simply by who was in the game. That alone will go a long way to keeping LBs "honest" in executing their schemes and produce wider coverage holes off play fakes to both RBs.

11 Freaking penalties... come on now, Hochuli has big shoes to fill so he figures on being "Mr. Rulebook" instead of "Mr. Arms"... I thought the penalties were a tad overdone. Anything and everything to destroy offensive drives.. credit to the Pats for not letting this distract them.

I agree with PFK this team has not shown a stretch of football excellence we are usually witnessing this time of year, I get nervous against a foe like the Jets or other division rivals... more concerned than usual, just not "feeling it"...

ST's are not as sharp as they could be..

TOP Pats 34 vs 25 minutes..

Steelers lost.. Green Bay lost.. Would McDaniels be interested in the GB job???

Gordon is who we thought he would be... pretty damned good. Stay sober my friend.

Brady the all time leader in passing yards... great feat, but Brees will probably surpass him.

Phillip Rivers 28/29 and 3 TD's and a 138 passer rating, something is wrong with that formula... at one point he was 25 out of 25 which is incredible.....

Would McDaniels be interested in the GB job???
That is very interesting.
On one hand when does a new coach get to come into a job with a great QB already in place.
On the other hand....several negatives:
1) Rodgers contract consumes vast sums
2) Publicly traded company ownership controlled by Board of Directors.
"Need new Sharpies for the assistant coaches....let's take a vote"
3) Green Bay does not attract quality FAs.
"Honey....how about Green Bay Wisconsin next season? Hell no Baby, I want South Beach or Jerry World"

Then there's Josh's deal with Kraft which screams BB succession plan

Going into the game, the Jets' 3rd-down defense was 2nd best in the league, and their RZ defense was 7th best.

Going into the game, the Jets' pass defense was ranked ...
- 5th in completion% allowed (62.3%)
- 7th in passer rating against (88.0)
- 7th in yds allowed/pass attempt (7.2)
- 16th in passing yds allowed/game (242 .. just 7 more yds/game than an 8th-place ranking)
- 10th in INTs (10 .. just one short of being tied for 4th)
- 15th in passing TDs allowed (1.7/game)

In spite of some misfires, Brady ...
- completed 64.5%
- had had 115.2 rating
- had 9.1 yds/attempt
- passed for 283 yds
- was not intercepted
- passed for 2 TDs (both from outside the RZ)

Brady was hit 5 times in the game on 31 drop backs, according to ESPN.

Going into the game, the Jets run-D was ranked ..
- 13th in ypa-allowed (4.2)
- 19th in rushing TDs allowed (9)
- 22nd in rushing yards allowed/game (119.5)

TB seemed particularly bad on the touch passes for the outlets to the RBs running to the sidelines. He threw at least four of those where they were uncatchable by the RBs.

Coverage was consistently very tight on White on those routes. Probably something that the Jets' D had prepped for a lot. I think Brady was being overcautious throwing as far away from the defender as possible to avoid a potential pick-six. I'm guessing that we won't see White running that route very frequently in the next few games except as a clear-out/decoy for something else.

My overall impression was that, aside from vigorously attacking a very weak Jets run-D, the Pats played a very conservative game. Even on defense, it seemed to be more about contain than "destroy".

Does everyone feel like J. Jones had a down game? Are we seeing anything from Jackson yet that says he should get more snaps?

McDaniels didn't throw those balls. Brady did. But in general, I think they were stuck in 2017 a little much regarding Adams. He's improved a lot and Gronk just isn't where he was at this time last year for multiple reasons. The second fade should have never been thrown.

That play kind of told me at the time that the Pats coaching staff didn't have faith in the offense to be able to execute a drive of that length with the time left on the clock. Considering what they were able to do in the second half, that was a mistake. I think there was time for at least another FG there.

1. Offense - General thoughts - I was a bit disappointed in the offense mostly because you'd think that if you can gain 500 yds of offense, and have 7 or 8 plays that go over 20 yds that you'd have more than 27 points. Now the penalties had a LOT to do with this lack of efficiency, but clearly the offense has a lot of room to grow....hopefully.

Penalties and red zone offense. This offense is struggling MIGHTILY in the red area. They didn't really have an excuse to do so yesterday. They have too many weapons to settle for as many FGs as they did.

He was slow to start but I thought he looked a lot like his old self. Particularly against zone coverage.

4. RB's - Like I said earlier, Michel's return turned out to be much more impactful than Gronks. He doesn't stun me with cuts or moves, but he has a great knack for seeing any gaps in the D and slithering through. I will have to see him create more on his own before he will justify that first round pick for me. BUT in the meantime I'm fine with him picking up all of what's there.

More than just Michel, Mason's return was exactly what the doctor ordered. He was a mauler against the run.

5. Receivers - Great to see Gronk get back into the end zone. That was a monster catch and a very timely one at that. He also make a good play to keep Brady from throwing a pick.

Now just a media aside. I find it curious how the media has transitioned from how Gronk was looking so fast and athletic during TC and early in the season, to how now Gronk is just a shadow of his formerly great self and unlikely to be back in 2019. Just sayin'

He is, unfortunately. That ball that Brady put up when Gronk was double covered and had to play DB was a play that Gronk routinely made in the past. It's a great example on what losing even a half a step does to skill position players. In the past, he'd be right there to compete, and win, that jump ball. This time, he had to stretch fully just to be able to get a hand on it.

Edelman had his first game in while where he was controlling the middle of the field and picking up key first downs and chunk yards. I'd like to see him targeted more. Maybe that will happen now that Gronk is back.

He's looking more and more like himself. He got banged up because Brady threw him an uncharacteristic hospital ball, but he was able to stay in the game and make the Jets pay.

From what it looked like, and the rewatch thread can confirm, they stopped trying to get him downfield on deep posts, go routes, etc. He was mostly running slants and short crossers in this game.

6, Defense- General thoughts - Hard to categorize this game. On one hand they held the Jets to 13 points. On the other they made the 39 year old Josh McCown look like a great NFL QB.....AGAIN. Christ, McCown was the Jets second leading rusher. ;)

Well it wasn't THAT good, it just seemed that way. The Pats did hold him to a 56% completion rate and did well on 3rd down, AND stopped the run VERY well, while playing mostly nickel and dime defenses. Still the fact they couldn't pressure the Jets weak OL without blitzing was concerning dor down the road.

What was most interesting to me was how they used Obi early on. He was in the same role that Chung usually handles.

I think the secondary is the strength of this defense, and its starting base (JMcCourty, DMcCourty, Chung, Gilmore and Harmon are as solid as you can get. I think the key to this secondary to improve will be the development of JC Jackson and JJones. If we are going to need to blitz to create pressure, then we are going to need a LOT of DB's to cover, and cover well.

Agree. The secondary is definitely the strength of the unit. However, the corner play opposite Gilmore needs to get better still. They haven't had anyone that has consistently played to the level needed all year which is why we've seen different bodies in and out of there. Jones and McCourty have looked good at times and lost at other times.

I think we need him this year. At the very least to be able to spell Chung.

9. General Comments

a. The officials made this game almost unwatchable for most of the first half. If I had been a casual fan of the game, I'd have turned it off or switched to another. I truly believe that at half time they got a call and were told only to call the obvious penalties, because they were truly killing the game.

b. This crew has called the most penalties of any officiating crew in the league, so this shouldn't have been a surprise. So the responsibility should fall on the league to get this group more training or split them up. Forget that they were singlehandledly keeping the Jets in this game, they were just so inconsistent on what they would call and not call.

They were terrible.

a nitpick

Why would we NEED Obi to make an impact next year? Which of our seven defensive backs aren't coming back? Or, do we NEED eight quality defensive backs?

EDIT: and we also have Dawson as our #8, so Obi would make 9.

8. Secondary - More great work from Gilmore, and Chung.

I think the secondary is the strength of this defense, and its starting base (JMcCourty, DMcCourty, Chung, Gilmore and Harmon are as solid as you can get. I think the key to this secondary to improve will be the development of JC Jackson and Jones.
========================

Last edited:
Does everyone feel like J. Jones had a down game? Are we seeing anything from Jackson yet that says he should get more snaps?

Yeah, I thought JJ didn't have his best game. He wasn't at his best against TEN either, but he's been very good for most of the season.

Jackson actually did see an increase in D-snaps this week to 33% from 17% in Wk-10.

JJ played only 20% in Wk-12. His previous low was Wk-10 (34%). Prior to that, he was regularly playing 55%-75% of the D-snaps.

I'm waiting for Jeff Howe's update on coverage stats, but, through Wk-10, Jackson
- had been targeted on 13 of 110 snaps (12%)
- allowed 6 completions (46%)
- 88 yds (14.7 YPC)
- had 1 INT and 1 other PD (15.4% of targets)
- been flagged three times (but none since his debut, IIRC)
- he's played a few snaps at LCB, some in the slot, some in a sort of safety-ish role

IDK if Jackson has developed to the point where he'll regularly start seeing more snaps than JJ, but I think his trajectory over the 8 games he's appeared in may be part of the reason that Dawson wasn't active this week.

With JJ, Jackson, maybe Dawson, and even possibly Obi, the Pats appear to have acquired a decent reservoir of young talent for various roles in the secondary.

Yeah, I thought JJ didn't have his best game. He wasn't at his best against TEN either, but he's been very good for most of the season.

Jackson actually did see an increase in D-snaps this week to 33% from 17% in Wk-10.

JJ played only 20% in Wk-12. His previous low was Wk-10 (34%). Prior to that, he was regularly playing 55%-75% of the D-snaps.

I'm waiting for Jeff Howe's update on coverage stats, but, through Wk-10, Jackson
- had been targeted on 13 of 110 snaps (12%)
- allowed 6 completions (46%)
- 88 yds (14.7 YPC)
- had 1 INT and 1 other PD (15.4% of targets)
- been flagged three times (but none since his debut, IIRC)
- he's played a few snaps at LCB, some in the slot, some in a sort of safety-ish role

IDK if Jackson has developed to the point where he'll regularly start seeing more snaps than JJ, but I think his trajectory over the 8 games he's appeared in may be part of the reason that Dawson wasn't active this week.

With JJ, Jackson, maybe Dawson, and even possibly Obi, the Pats appear to have acquired a decent reservoir of young talent for various roles in the secondary.
Kyed has 'em up.

Patriots-Jets Takeaways, Metrics: Sony Michel Has Best Game Of Young Career

a nitpick

Why would we NEED Obi to make an impact next year? Which of our seven defensive backs aren't coming back. Or, do we NEED eight quality defensive backs?
I think the aspiration is Obi can provide tighter coverage in the short passes and more speed outside the hashes on the horizontal passes & runs.

If you look at the comp % for the LBs and Chung, it can be improved for sure.

With that said, I think we'd agree giving them the underneath crap was the gameplan.

It's interesting that JJ was targeted 4 times in just 13 snaps in the slot, while Jackson was targeted only once in 21 snaps at LCB.

JMac has been solid wherever he's played in the secondary.
Yea the only bad play I can remember for JMac was the crossing route in the 1st 1/2.

I think Jackson will start next year.

JJ was not good yesterday. Seemed like a step behind. I think Dawson gets significant time this week in practice and in the game.

I think the aspiration is Obi can provide tighter coverage in the short passes and more speed outside the hashes on the horizontal passes & runs.

If you look at the comp % for the LBs and Chung, it can be improved for sure.

With that said, I think we'd agree giving them the underneath crap was the gameplan.

While the LBs completion % has been fairly high (about the same for the safeties as a group), the YPC allowed by the LBs has been minimal. They've also been targeted a lot less (or not tasked with coverage as often) than the DBs, on a per-snap-played basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes